hay @Slick how do you say they stacked up against the hyper X clouds?

Its all about those volumetric clouds

@Slick - When you do the full in-depth review of these, please include the Steel Series Siberia v2 and the HyperX Cloud in the audio & mic quality comparison.

From the specs, it is really lacking for the price they want. Microphone (at least on paper), has pretty bad specs. Other than that, compared to other headphones in its price range, the specifications are poor for what they do list.

Focusing only on audio quality, what would motivate someone to pick the Logitech headset, over something like the beyerdynamic DT 770 (closed) or the DT 990 (open)? (both are under $200)

Surprisingly affordable for a quality headset

how do you know the quality of it. maybe it sucks.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

From the specs, it is really lacking for the price they want. Microphone (at least on paper), has pretty bad specs. Other than that, compared to other headphones in its price range, the specifications are poor for what they do list.

Focusing only on audio quality, what would motivate someone to pick the Logitech headset, over something like the beyerdynamic DT 770 (closed) or the DT 990 (open)? (both are under $200)

It's a headset, not a pair of headphones. Whilst headphones are objectively better value, some people prefer the convenience of having an all-in-one solution for their audio. And when it comes to the G933 in particular, there's not a ton of competition - decent wireless headphones are few and far between, let alone decent wireless headsets. (And those which are decent usually cost considerably more than either of these do!)

We can't compare the headsets to anything else yet in terms of audio quality. There's no way of knowing for sure how good or bad they will be in that regard until they are released and people have had time to test them under fair conditions to the competition. I'm interested in buying a replacement for my Corsair Vengeance 2100s so if the G933 is decent enough I might go with them.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Will these replace the G35 & G930 lines as an updated version following their "G" redesigns?

Looking to upgrade after reviews of course.

Wouldn't it end up costing more with the addons required with decent headphones?

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Please make a detailed review video, would love to finally purchase a set of good wireless gaming headphones.

Will these replace the G35 & G930 lines as an updated version following their "G" redesigns?

Looking to upgrade after reviews of course.

Wouldn't it end up costing more with the addons required with decent headphones?

It depends, If you must have a microphone attached to the headphones, If you want to stay under $200, then the DT990 + Zalman Zm-Mic1

Or you can get a modmic which will push it well over the $200 price point.

While we will need a full audio review, so far, based on the specs on paper, the logitech headset does not seem like it would beat dedicated headphones in its price range.

We still need some microphone audio samples also (we have to hope it is not as the logitech G930's mic which literally performed worst than even $1 microphones that you can get on ebay).

Looks good but i switched to the Steelseries H wireless from my G930s because i need interchangeable batteries!  If they do it i will be more than happy to come back to Logitech.

Exciting.  Sounds like they are fixing all of my complaints with the g930.  The only deal breaker for me will be Linux support. 

$150... I almost choked. No thanks I will take hyperx.

it's only $50 more and you get a lot more features. I would justify the $50 and get this.

Very Linus, Much Tip

how much does it cost? when does it come out?

wow my 5 year old headset finally has a newer model  but still selling the older one hmm 

Aselwyn1

Hm, the Amazon link gets me a search for the Hyper X Cloud II. No biggie.

The master of of chaos, fear, and erm... Pandas.

Looks pretty sexy,  it would nicely match my G403.  Had no idea logitech took their headset manufacturing so seriously.  Props to you guys!  

Luke! This is a really good video :) you spoke well and celar. just wanted to say that

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

Please don't suck, please don't suck, PLEASE DON'T SUCK.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just picked up a set of these from Best Buy today. (G633)   So far I am pretty impressed.   They are not Audiophile quality.   But so far they are better than other gaming quality headsets I have used.   It is surprisingly convenient to be able to listen to two inputs at at time.  I can say they do not suck so far.   

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

• 1 month later...

Seriously?! The Amazon: http://geni.us/2B6u still leads to searching for HyperX Cloud 2 headphones. Please figure it out and correct this mistake. It was fine initially, but it's been like this for 4 months now. Kind of disrespectful to Logitech at this point. Also, where the heck is this review video? How much longer do we have to wait? I've been so excited for the review but am beginning to lose patience.

• 4 months later...

ad700x

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000