Choosing Case - Help!

CC268

Hey guys,

I am going to be building an awesome desktop soon ($1800-$2000 budget) and I want to get a great case that will provide good cooling, sleek looks, and expandability. I am inclined to go with a full tower as I don't want to feel "crowded" with a mid size tower, but I am open to suggestions. I really would like a window as well as this will sit on top of my desk and want to be able to see the cool build! My build will be air cooled, BUT I would like the ability to add liquid cooling down the road if I want to do so.

I had my eyes set on the Corsair 750D Airflow, but I want to get everyone's opinion before I buy anything. I REALLY like the Fractal Design cases  (they are growing on me a lot) as they are so clean, but there are so many models and I am not sure which ones to look at.

Not a huge fan of the crazy looking futurisitc NZXT cases and such.

What do you guys think?

| Intel i5-6600K | NZXT Kraken X61 | MSI GTX 980TI | NZXT Kraken X41 | ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Hero Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 16GB | 

|Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | EVGA SuperNova G2 850W | Fractal Design Define S |

760T?

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

fractal design define R5 master race.

otherwise, define S maybe?

fractal design define R5 master race.

otherwise, define S maybe?

Awesome case, but aren't they both mid size towers? How is airflow in these Fractal Cases compared to the Corsair 750D?

| Intel i5-6600K | NZXT Kraken X61 | MSI GTX 980TI | NZXT Kraken X41 | ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Hero Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 16GB | 

|Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | EVGA SuperNova G2 850W | Fractal Design Define S |

Awesome case, but aren't they both mid size towers? How is airflow in these Fractal Cases compared to the Corsair 750D?

the define S is pretty much an open vent, the R5 could be a bit better, but if you keep your fan filter empty you shouldnt notice any issues even with front intakes on minimum speed.

Fractal design XL

CPU: i7 4790k, GPU: ASUS Strix 980 ti, Motherboard: z97x-UD5H-BK , RAM: 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133 Mhz, CPU Cooler: NH-D15, PSU: EVGA GS 850w 80+ Gold, Case: Fractal Design R5, Storage: Samsung 850 evo 250gb and WD black 1tb, Peripherals: Deathadder 2013 and G710+, Monitor: LG 29UM67.

Fractal design XL

No side window :(

Idk a full size case may be overkill, but this is my first build so I figured it would be better to have more room...

No side window :(

um i see maybe the enthoo pro luxe or primo both are pretty nice

CPU: i7 4790k, GPU: ASUS Strix 980 ti, Motherboard: z97x-UD5H-BK , RAM: 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133 Mhz, CPU Cooler: NH-D15, PSU: EVGA GS 850w 80+ Gold, Case: Fractal Design R5, Storage: Samsung 850 evo 250gb and WD black 1tb, Peripherals: Deathadder 2013 and G710+, Monitor: LG 29UM67.

I still like the Corsair 750D...the Fractal Define S seems like the best option if I decide to go with a mid tower...

I guess at this point it is figuring out whether or not I need a full tower or not lol.

Sorry ignore this post.

I still like the Corsair 750D...the Fractal Define S seems like the best option if I decide to go with a mid tower...

I guess at this point it is figuring out whether or not I need a full tower or not lol.

i know a few people with a full tower, and they're amazing, until the time comes they need to be moved even an inch.

they're not ideal for smaller desks either.

Thanks for the help guys...I think I will go with a the 750D most likely.