Go to solution Solved by iamdarkyoshi,

i just flipped the connector and it worked well because the plastic is soft and pliable on the fan side molex connector so there was no hard plastic that had to crack or break it just kinda bent to suit its new purpose

I know I said not to plug anything into the backwards fan's molex, but if you plug in any other fans into it, they will also be slowed down.

you can just turn the speed down on the fan by jamming the fan's molex onto the power supply backwards. Its a little hard to do, but it can be done. If the molex is one of the type with a plug on both ends, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF TURNIP, DO NOT PLUG ANYTHING ELSE INTO THE FAN'S MOLEX OUTPUT. By plugging it in backwards, you are swapping the 5v and 12v rails. The 12 becomes 5 (and the fan is connected here) but the 5 becomes 12. Or, if the fan has a standard header, do whats in my signature.

you can just turn the speed down on the fan by jamming the fan's molex onto the power supply backwards. Its a little hard to do, but it can be done. If the molex is one of the type with a plug on both ends, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF TURNIP, DO NOT PLUG ANYTHING ELSE INTO THE FAN'S MOLEX OUTPUT. By plugging it in backwards, you are swapping the 5v and 12v rails. The 12 becomes 5 (and the fan is connected here) but the 5 becomes 12. Or, if the fan has a standard header, do whats in my signature.

holy shit. instead of destroying your stuff, you know you can easily swap around the cables. 

holy shit. instead of destroying your stuff, you know you can easily swap around the cables.

which is why I said to not use anything on the end of the fans miles. I know that you can use a paperclip to pop the molex pins out of the socket, but it isn't easy.

i just flipped the connector and it worked well because the plastic is soft and pliable on the fan side molex connector so there was no hard plastic that had to crack or break it just kinda bent to suit its new purpose

I know I said not to plug anything into the backwards fan's molex, but if you plug in any other fans into it, they will also be slowed down.