6 monitor setup vs 3 monitor setup

bigwjack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2mqqCMu-LM

Still waiting for the link/pictures!

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

to what most people dont believe it when i say i won the titan but the comp at school had 32 of us enter and it cost $20 to enter so they got their money back 

1) check your maths.

2) still don't believe you have 2x 7990's and you swapping them out for 3 titans.

3) my prevous call of bullsh*t still stands.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

I dont think either of those options have enough Vram to handle 3x4k in games.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I dont think either of those options have enough Vram to handle 3x4k in games.

We demand a 16GB 9970! By default, it will have 4GB! :D

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

On the amd side there are also the crossfire issues to consider.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

This sounds like one of those trolls where you claim the highest specs money can buy just to try to make people envious. In a hardware forum its more then just the parts its building the entire system and sharing your results, after all that's what computer enthusiasts do. Go ahead and claim you have those parts, no one will take you seriously without pics of some kind. 

Its like one guy claiming he had 4 Titans and said he got like 1000 FPS in games, sure he got the card right but those numbers would be off the charts and does not fit with any benchmarks at all, because you cant validate the claim then you are basically ignored the same can be said for over the top builds.

For instance I have a rig with 4 7970 cards, I have pics and an entire build log called "Fire and Ice Quadfire 7970 rebuild" , this validates my claims that I actually have the rig in question.

This sounds like one of those trolls where you claim the highest specs money can buy just to try to make people envious. In a hardware forum its more then just the parts its building the entire system and sharing your results, after all that's what computer enthusiasts do. Go ahead and claim you have those parts, no one will take you seriously without pics of some kind. 

Its like one guy claiming he had 4 Titans and said he got like 1000 FPS in games, sure he got the card right but those numbers would be off the charts and does not fit with any benchmarks at all, because you cant validate the claim then you are basically ignored the same can be said for over the top builds.

For instance I have a rig with 4 7970 cards, I have pics and an entire build log called "Fire and Ice Quadfire 7970 rebuild" , this validates my claims that I actually have the rig in question.

Nice! How loud are the 7970 at full load?

On the amd side there are also the crossfire issues to consider.

Well, it's been partially solved with the driver updates.

Nice! How loud are the 7970 at full load?

Enough to blow out eardrums :P, they are all reference cards, most of them are the very early models and they overclock like hell though, to bad crossfire hits a wall with 1100 core clock :/. I wear noise cancel headphones so noise does not matter to me as they are quite when im doing anything but gaming :P

Well, it's been partially solved with the driver updates.

The recent driver only addressed 2-way crossfire with a single monitor. It does not fix crossfire configurations beyond 2-way or multi monitor setups.  

Where are pics! I want to see the build.

The recent driver only addressed 2-way crossfire with a single monitor. It does not fix crossfire configurations beyond 2-way or multi monitor setups.  

Well, most people are only going to be 2 way CFX'ing, and i completely forgot that it doesnt fix MS with multi monitor setups...

Well, most people are only going to be 2 way CFX'ing, and i completely forgot that it doesnt fix MS with multi monitor setups...

I was just mentioning it because the OP mentions 3 scenarios in which the recent drive would not help: more than 2-way crossfire, multiple monitors, current 4k monitors

I was just mentioning it because the OP mentions 3 scenarios in which the recent drive would not help: more than 2-way crossfire, multiple monitors, current 4k monitors

There's always Quad TITANS, or Tri Titans... Not even sure if 6GB of VRAM is enough.

There's always Quad TITANS, or Tri Titans... Not even sure if 6GB of VRAM is enough.

I remember in a video where Linus said that 2GB VRAM is what you should have for modern 1080p gaming. So you would assume that you would need around 8GB VRAM and a powerful enough GPU to work on 8GB worth of textures in order to game in 4K at the same standard we set for gaming at 1080p.

I remember in a video where Linus said that 2GB VRAM is what you should have for modern 1080p gaming. So you would assume that you would need around 8GB VRAM and a powerful enough GPU to work on 8GB worth of textures in order to game in 4K at the same standard we set for gaming at 1080p.

Yeah. That seems about right. You dont find GPUs with less than 2GB of VRAM these days. Most high(er) end GPUs are starting to have 3-4GB. Only if SLI/CFX stacked VRAM...

Someone in this forum did a benchmark on a 4k asus monitor and he got like 60 fps on sli titans, anyways on battlefield 3 at max settings he was hitting somewhere around 4.7gb of vram so even a titan on 2-3 4k monitors would scream for help because they don't have enough vram in them.

no i will take pics of it on and off and with the side pannel on and off just because we in australia can have rog ssds doesent mean the rig iv saved for 3 years for is fake im getting quite frustrated with u little american shxxs also no one answered the question i will takes pics some time tonigh as and upload them here if i can or in build logs  

A person with the rig you mention would not get all frustrated and flustered when someone asks for pictures or asks questions about your setup. We are not being rude by any stretch and have answered your questions and all you are doing is spitting back at us.

A person with the rig you mention would not get all frustrated and flustered when someone asks for pictures or asks questions about your setup. We are not being rude by any stretch and have answered your questions and all you are doing is spitting back at us.

Agreed, no one that has that good of a computer would get mad at people just for asking picture.

NO PIC NO PROOF

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

I think he abandoned this account...

Is this post being (un-)officially labelled as a fake and gay?