Amazon giving the '' pink slips '' to the enggineers of Firephone becasue of firephone being a flop.

Ridska

Ridska here ,

amazon aint happy with the firephone results.

Opinion : While the firephone wasnt that great , you have got to give credit to those (ex)engineers at Lab126 for making thw worlds 1st 3D smartphone that was ever made.

But in honesty , the idea was great in theory and in paper but in practice , horrible , just like communism. 

any way , ill let you guys be the victor of the judge , what did you think when the firephone came out ?! did you think that amazon had a shot from the start ?

Or did you ever consider buy the firephone ?!

http://www.cnet.com/news/amazon-reportedly-laying-off-engineers-after-fire-phone-flameout/

Thanks and stay groovie :D

p.s

If there is another post of the same subject and i am posting the same thing , plz forgive me .

(⌐■_■) 

It's no one but Amazon's fault that the phone flopped. The engineers probably didn't want to implement a clunky OS. They most certainly didn't have control over a provider, either.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

snip

You need input from the original article, as well as your own opinion on the news topic m8 ;)

Tbh, there is no real need for another smartphone, they need to fulfill the needs of everybody. For an example, I want a phone with: A large battery and long battery time, waterproof, cyanogenmod(no bloatware). If they are just going to "make a phone" that is nothing special, don't expect something special

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

as well as your own opinion on the news topic m8 ;)

Well , i don't have a opinion because i never seen nor owned a firephone .

amazon does not exist in the nordic county's .

(⌐■_■) 

Well , i don't have a opinion because i never seen nor owned a firephone .

amazon does not exist in the nordic county's .

Well you have to put something there.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Well you have to put something there.

OK chill , calm down will you ?!

(⌐■_■) 

My parents own a Kindle HDX tablet. What a locked down piece of crap that is. I went to sideload Google play Services, YouTube and Chromecast, and they've blocked all of those entirely. Which is fair enough, they're competing with Google, so I went and looked into Rooting their device, and recent software updates have made it very difficult to Root. For being built upon AOSP,  it's such a locked down walled garden. They've even pulled apps like "XBMC / Kodi" from their app store.

I'd struggle to find a compelling reason to buy into Amazon hardware.

Edit: Also, on topic. The Firephone was entering a ridiculously competitive space, without support for the Playstore and Google apps, and a phone with incredibly mediocre specifications. Presumably with the same sort of locked down mentality that their tablets have. Did they expect it to be successful?

This issue is amazon's locked down version of android. If the firephone was based on a unrestricted version of stock android then it would have done much better

This issue is amazon's locked down version of android. If the firephone was based on a unrestricted version of stock android then it would have done much better

The price was also ridiculous in the face of it being so locked down.

"It's bad, everyone hates us, what do we do?"~Amazon CEO

"Blame the engineers!"~Random guy

"Brilliant!"~Amazon CEO

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

They should blame the marketing department. The same phone priced 349$ would have been a massive success.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Ridska here ,

amazon aint happy with the firephone results.

Opinion : While the firephone wasnt that great , you have got to give credit to those (ex)engineers at Lab126 for making thw worlds 1st 3D smartphone that was ever made.

But in honesty , the idea was great in theory and in paper but in practice , horrible , just like communism. 

any way , ill let you guys be the victor of the judge , what did you think when the firephone came out ?! did you think that amazon had a shot from the start ?

Or did you ever consider buy the firephone ?!

http://www.cnet.com/news/amazon-reportedly-laying-off-engineers-after-fire-phone-flameout/

Thanks and stay groovie :D

p.s

If there is another post of the same subject and i am posting the same thing , plz forgive me .

That wasn't the first 3d smart phone.

They should blame the marketing department. The same phone priced 349$ would have been a massive success.

It's on sale right now for 130. Go buy one. 

"The pink slips" they're giving them cars? Or did I completely misunderstood that colloquialism? 

They were fired. 

oh yeah.. if you say so!

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

That wasn't the first 3d smart phone.

It's on sale right now for 130. Go buy one.

They were fired.

Can't get one in my country.

Too late for that now anyway. They failed to build any hype around the device when it launched.

Instead of pricing it aggressively at launch and sending one to famous youtoubers (MKBHD was pissed he didn't get one, that's two millions of potential customers lost immediately), they gave it an iPhone price and launched it without any marketing.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Can't get one in my country.

Too late for that now anyway. They failed to build any hype around the device when it launched.

Instead of pricing it aggressively at launch and sending one to famous youtoubers (MKBHD was pissed he didn't get one, that's two millions of potential customers lost immediately), they gave it an iPhone price and launched it without any marketing.

MKBHD would be my first choice followed by Unboxtherapy guy. Amazon really fucked up, I'm not denying it. I just disagree in how they fucked up. First of all, you don't need your own smart phone. Walmart doesn't have their own phone and OS, neither does facebook (they tried and failed, Bezos should have called ole Zuck up and been like hey m8 is it worth it). Secondly, you don't need 5 front facing cameras, that's just dumb. I would expect something like that from HTC. 

And I know this has nothing to do with anything, but Amazon should not have bought twitch. They don't know what they are doing and that site will die now that google has google gaming. They should have let google spend a billion on it instead. I think what happened was Jeff Bezos was like "Google really wants to buy this company but I don't know why. If google wants to buy it for a billion dollars it must be worth it." then he wrote a check and now he's like "durr wat do?".

Just for the record, I love amazon. I buy shit on amazon all the time. I have had prime for 3 years now. I just think they need to stick with what they know and not try to be google.