Microsoft Snip - New screenshot tool for Windows

GoodBytes

Microsoft Office team releases a new screen shot tool for Windows called simply: Snip

It is currently in beta stages.

microsoftsnip1_1020.0.0.jpg

This new screen shot taking tool is an evolution of the currently built-in Snipping Tool built-in Windows.

The tool is designed for those taking a lot of screen shots. Screen shots can be annotated via mouse, touch or digitize pen, can include a voice recording as well (output will be a mp4 file, no proprietary format) as you draw, and can be uploaded to Microsoft servers with a link being provided for easy sharing. You can also have a white board for note taking.

Here is an example of what you can do, and uploaded on Office servers (done by The Verge):

https://mix.office.com/embed/1fopco5ya794x

If you are interested, you can download it here: https://mix.office.com/en-us/snip?previewvrg

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/27/9214079/microsoft-snip-windows-screenshot-tool

haha, I use ShareX that has the same functionality but  uploads to imgur instantly and can also take video

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Just downloaded it.

Maxthon had a similar thing built in, but its nice to be in the OS now.

post-53826-0-39465300-1440692145_thumb.p

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Actualy Maxthons is better.

So the one in windows can snap to windows, but, the one in maxthon snaps to items within windows, like just text, or boxes within a window.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The biggest problem with this tool is that there are better alternatives.

Yeah, ATM.

I mean its beta, if they add the missing fetures, it will be great

Just use sharex and yes it's sharex not xshare.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I'll stick to prt-sc + ms paint for my offline needs, and use vvcap when im done in paint if I need to link it.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

I'll stick to prt-sc + ms paint for my offline needs, and use vvcap when im done in paint if I need to link it.

Or Alt-Gr+PrintScreen for if I want to only take a screenshot of the active window :)

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

*insert conspiracy theory here*

Let me try!

Anything you upload to MS servers using this service becomes their property, and they can use it as they wish?

Watch this turn out to be the next Clippy. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

So it's like the snipping tool but with online sharing, audio recording and you can make it into a movie while you draw.

(in before the option for not uploading to Office doesn't actually do anything)

Seems pretty handy for tablet users.

Does it always save it as MP4 even if you don't want animated annotations or audio? If it does then it could replace the snipping tool. If it doesn't then it's pretty wasteful.

*insert conspiracy theory here*

Meh. Snipping Tool was good enough, but puush master race

The voice recording thing sounds cool though

I think you mean ShareX master race.

So it's like the snipping tool but with online sharing, audio recording and you can make it into a movie while you draw.

(in before the option for not uploading to Office doesn't actually do anything)

Seems pretty handy for tablet users.

Does it always save it as MP4 even if you don't want animated annotations or audio? If it does then it could replace the snipping tool. If it doesn't then it's pretty wasteful.

MP4 only. Also, I forgot to mention, you can take a camera picture (pretty cool if you have a tablet, and you want to take a picture, add notes, and share, or put it in OneNote or something).

Microsoft seems to be doing an Apple and copying the features from other programs....(Spotify vs Apple Music).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Microsoft seems to be doing an Apple and copying the features from other programs....(Spotify vs Apple Music).

Except they are copying their own program that came with Windows since Windows XP Tablet edition, mixed with OneNote clipping tool which had some functionality, and the additional settings from OneNote in addition to the stuff to a just clipped in it, in OneNote.

Except they are copying their own program that came with Windows since Windows XP Tablet edition, mixed with OneNote clipping tool which had some functionality, and the additional settings from OneNote in addition to the stuff to a just clipped in it, in OneNote.

As in other programs not made by Microsoft.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Its not really in the same class of tools, but i really love the Dropbox Screenshot functionality. Ctrl+[Alt+]PrtSrn and i can just paste a link right to someone. Or i can open it in paint in 2 seconds and crop and annotate it if i want to. And because Dropbox is already installed on all my machines and i can access it from anywhere it just makes sense to me.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)