How Do You Deal With Stress/Anxiety?

Kayn

So summer is almost over and it's almost time for school again and that comes with homework and other responsibility. When I get stressed I kind of just suck it up and keep it bottled up. That's probably not the best way to deal with stress but that's how I deal with it and I haven't really found a better way to deal with my stress and anxiety. My biggest source of stress and anxiety right now is writing my EE (Extended Essay) for my IB(International Baccalaureate) program which is due on the 19th which is the first day of school for me and getting ready for college after this year, I will be going to my last year in high school and I have to start my college applications very soon. I've actually had all summer to work on it but now that schools starting up soon and this essay is important for me getting the IB diploma I've been getting stressed out and being anxious that my work will be good enough, because apparently you can never be good enough. I probably should be talking to a close friend instead of people of the internet but I don't like to talk about myself, but oddly enough I like to listen to other people's problem. Of course I'm saying this on LTT because I know that none of my friends know/go on this site and probably (hopefully no of you) know me in real life so I can get this off of my chest. I am an introvert so that would make sense that I don't like to talk about myself and I really keep to myself with almost all my problem. I've haven't really had problems with stress/anxiety until my Junior year in high school where the work load starting getting to me, the work load that I am doing now is about equivalent to being in college but still reasonable, and for every big project that came up I would stress out about it but I would usually deal with it after that project was gone but then another project would come up and I wouldn't have any time to relax for a bit. Even during summer I don't think that I've had more than a few weeks of relaxation because then I would feel stressed out again that school is starting up and with the anxiety that I won't be good enough to get to the college that I really want to go to and leaving home and being on my own for the very first time. This is all overwhelming and I just really needed a way to vent all of this and kinda went off topic.

/End Rant

TL;DR

I'm stressed about school work and need a way to relieve that stress other than keeping it bottled in.

How do you deal with stress with your life?

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I crush it. I conquer it. I do NOT let it take over.

Nah, I just play some games.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

Drink Vodka straight out the bottle.. :)

HA I would but I'm only 17 and I don't do hard liquor

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

I just take time to myself where I can find it. Occasionally you need to find a day or evening or whatever to just say "fuck it". Some days I just stay in, get rid of pants, blast some music, and play some video games. Other days I'll go out, get a good, satisfying dinner, go see a movie, maybe buy myself a new toy or treat... it's up to you. What's critical is that you find some time alone (or with a friend or significant other, your pick) and have some fun. Forget homework, forget your job, forget that you're inhumanly stressed, and just have a good day. Believe me, nothing recharges your batteries better. 

Blackout - Intel Core i5-4670K | Xigmatek Dark Knight II Nighthawk Ed. | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 (2GB) | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Mem. | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H Mobo | 250GB Samsung 840 Series SSD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Seasonic Platinum SS-660XP2 660w PSU

I just take time to myself where I can find it. Occasionally you need to find a day or evening or whatever to just say "fuck it". Some days I just stay in, get rid of pants, blast some music, and play some video games. Other days I'll go out, get a good, satisfying dinner, go see a movie, maybe buy myself a new toy or treat... it's up to you. What's critical is that you find some time alone (or with a friend or significant other, your pick) and have some fun. Forget homework, forget your job, forget that you're inhumanly stressed, and just have a good day. Believe me, nothing recharges your batteries better. 

^^ This.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Two Words, Bubble Wrap.

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.  

I find that something that really calms me down is taking one day with my dad and going to the go kart track. Racing is one of my passions and doing 3 races is usually enough for me.

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro

I find that something that really calms me down is taking one day with my dad and going to the go kart track. Racing is one of my passions and doing 3 races is usually enough for me.

Yeah I like to drive long distances and they seem to calm me down but I cant' really just take the car and drive and plus gas in expensive.

Two things NOT to do:

1.  Shop

2.  Eat

Other than that...exercise, meditate, browse the LTT forum.

Laws only govern the honest.

Women and exercise. I find they're the best for relaxation. Of course it has to be the right exercise and the right woman lol

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Binge eat... and coffee...

Then wallow in self pity because of said act, then lather, rinse, repeat.

Lol. jk.

I exercise, nothing helps get rid of anxiety like hard physical work.  Running will give your brain time to digest and contemplate what you need todo and how to do it. The exercise releases endorphins which relaxe you. and the muscles burn the adrenaline that causes cortisol to build up which is what causes long term damage. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I approach life with a combination of:

a. not giving a fuck

b. being organised

When you get the balance right it works really well  :) The only way to get on top of your school work is to be organised, especially in the IB.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Gym, smash weights or the punching bags, relieves so much stress and it feels amazing. If I'm feeling lazy I go for a walk down to my local lake/park and chill out, read some books.

#!

Talk to people and have a drink.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I don't really think that I can offer much useful advice, since my problems aren't to do with responsibility, but just who I am. Honestly, I don't really cope with it all of the time. If I feel low I just lie in bed fantasizing about killing myself. They aren't serious thoughts, I haven't made a plan to kill myself, they are just fantasies. I also take SSRIs for my depression, but it helps tremendously with anxiety too. I also see a therapist.

The best thing is to have some place to vent. I use suicidewatch boards, keep a private blog of how I felt that day (only if I felt low or really good, I don't bother to update it on the days that I don't really feel anything), talk to my friends and family. I know opening up to people you know is difficult, it was definitely one of the most difficult things I ever had to do, but at least now I can express my true feelings in front of them some of the time. 

little steps , dont think about next week think about today

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I GO ON KILLING SPREE'S!! on planetside 2

PC Specs: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz 1.165v, Corsair H100i + 2x SP120 PE in Pull, Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero, 8GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 1600mhz, X-fire Sapphire HD7950 3GB OC Dual X Edition, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium - Fatal1ty, 60GB OCZ Agility 3, 120GB OCZ Agility 3, 480GB Seagate 600 Series, 1TB WD Caviar Black, Corsair TX850, CM Storm Trooper, Win 7 Pro. Peripherals: Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Keyboard, Logitech G700S Mouse, Sennheiser G4ME ONE Headset, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speakers. Phone: HTC One M8.

Video games and grand marnier. People just tend to inexplicably make things worse, so I don't bother talking about my inner troubles lol.