TD Bank

TheCroaker

My customer service from TD has always been (and continues to be) stellar (customer for 20 years) so I don't really know what to say about the OP's experience :(

I can only really go based on my own exp when evaluating a sponsor.

wow linus..................

My customer service from TD has always been (and continues to be) stellar (customer for 20 years) so I don't really know what to say about the OP's experience :(

Have to say the same, I was with scotiabank for 10 years when I decided to apply for a visa to buy things online and they turned me down,I left them cause they wouldnt give me one and didnt have visa debt, went to TD and approved me for a visa the day I opened my account. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

So, wait.. let me get this straight. Linus Media Group, which is on the best path possible...they have a HUGE studio, they employ 10+ people and are making more progress than ever before and you're worried so they don't go down a bad path? Are you watching the same Linus Tech Tips that I'm seeing? What are you worried about? That they're making more money?

Don't see what you're complaining about. They've dropped sponsors before because of bad customer experiences. It's worth mentioning even if OP's experience is something of a rarity and not worth taking action over.

Don't see what you're complaining about. They've dropped sponsors before because of bad customer experiences. It's worth mentioning even if OP's experience is something of a rarity and not worth taking action over.

I am not complaining, I was responding to the OP. 

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ PROJECT: GreenLANTERN (click to view)

I appreciate you taking note, and happy you haven't had any issues with it, maybe it is just the PA or US branch is poorly managed, and the canadian one runs smooth. I am definitely not asking you take it off over me and my families experience with them, just in case you hear anyone else's as well

to other comments:

I don't like using my PC to check my bank balances and stuff so that is the only reason I mention the 3 dollar atm charge to just check the balance

also the issue with the fee was that I would have been able to fix the issue if they had not made a banking error the month beforehand and then blamed it on me

not to mention I talked to some foul people

Also, my current bank has no fees for any ATM, or any fees really besides Bouncing a check or having a negative balance, no maintenance fee or any of that nonsense. Sorry that I am stuck living in an expensive area with a poor paying job and had an issue with my car which left me strapped and then TD added to it

good customer service would be if they are going to have those fees, which i can understand the reasoning, to call and ask when to take it out, or take it out next time money is deposited, not take it out leaving me with a negative balance

http://www.tdbank.com/tdhelps/default.aspx/why-am-i-being-charged-a-3-dollars-atm-fee-when-i-have-a-checking-account-with-td-bank/v/38936413/

My PC:

Case: Corsair C70, Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45, CPU: I5-4670k, RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance, GPU: Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming , PSU: Corsair RM650W Gold, Storage: 250 GB Samsung EVO SSD, 240 GB Kingston SSDNOW

I appreciate you taking note, and happy you haven't and then TD added to it

good customer service would be if they are going to have those fees, which i can understand the reasoning, to call and ask when to take it out, or take it out next time money is deposited, not take it out leaving me with a negative balance

LOL. Still blaming others. Grow up.

it is more the fact that their customer support is poor, and to add to it that they charge you 3 dollars to check your balance at an ATM

and I mean if I was Linus I wouldn't want to associate my brand with a brand who makes money off fucking people who are low on cash over

and the royally screwed over part is they made me use my "get out of jail free card" they give everyone once a year on their own fuck up, which then fucked me over hard later

and I was lucky I have family who helped me out

I have a TD Account. They do not charge you any fee to check the balance on a TD bank machine. You get charged only when using a non-TD ATM - this is industry standard across all the major banks in Canada. Some of the Credit Unions might not charge you this fee, assuming you're checking your balance using a credit union in partnership with them (Most Credit Unions form partnerships to expand their otherwise small service zones).

Not sure where you live, but here in Ontario, TD ATM's are everywhere. TD is the largest bank in Canada - both by number of branches (They literally have TWICE AS MANY branches as the next largest bank) and by total assets they hold.

It's kind of standard practice to avoid using an ATM not from your bank.

I get that you had some bad experiences, but I've been using TD bank for like 10+ years, and I've always had good experience with their service. Even if there was a charge that was my fault, such as an NSF fee (Not Sufficient Funds - eg, a bounced cheque), if I explain the situation to them, they generally reverse the fee.

Banks can really suck sometimes - but it's pretty straight forward to avoid fees. If you are a student, you can get an account with no monthly fee. Otherwise you choose the account that works best for you - eg: I have the top account that gives me unlimited transactions per month on my Debit Card, because I never carry cash on me. I use my Debit Card everywhere.

Sure, you can get cheaper accounts, with less (or no) fees elsewhere. But you're trading cheaper account for less service. Less branches, less ATM's nationally, less (or no, in some cases) employees to talk to.

Obviously you should choose the bank that you feel fits you the best - for me, that's TD, because I know I can go to pretty much any town in Canada, and there will be a TD Bank. I also know that I can walk into my branch, and speak to a real person that can help me out, without having to call some toll free 1-800 number and speak to a call centre.

If no fee banking with less service, less branches, and less ATM's is more valuable to you, then that's the right bank for you.

Well if he bases his sponsors of those who only have good customer service than there would be a lot of PC companies that couldn't be sponsors, otherwise great companies.

I get that people hate banks for those reasons, but to be fair, those are very well known and agreed upon when creating an account.  There are reasons for minimum balances and fees associated with low funds.  I have to say a $3 fee to check your balance is odd, unless it's not one of their ATMs then that makes more sense.

Hard to say they royally screwed you over by sticking to the rules they had put in place.

as a TD customer I can tell you it is bullshit unless he has some  god awful backwards account setup. TD will charge you after X number of times you go to a teller in a month with certain accounts they wont charge you for ATM interaction.

TD doesn't even charge you for transactions at the Teller. You can have as many as you want. They only charge you for x-number of debit transactions or online transfers per month. I personally always went over the basic account's limits, so I have the "unlimited" account.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

why was TD bank sponsoring a tech channel? 

No matter what your hobby or job is, you're gonna need a bank for your basic financial needs. :P

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if LTT gets sponsored by something like Ikea, haha.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

No matter what your hobby or job is, you're gonna need a bank for your basic financial needs. :P

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if LTT gets sponsored by something like Ikea, haha.

I would not be surprised if they actually used TD Bank for their business account.

On a side note, I fucking love Ikea... Even their instructions are fun! Especially when you're missing one of the 7,000 screws in the package :P

But seriously, Ikea is great. Especially the cheap hot dogs.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The one to watch out for is friggin Wachovia, well, suppose not anymore.

A few years ago I set up an account after my BB&T account went well into the negative and I think was being closed at the time. I needed a bank so I could get paid during Basic Combat Training with the US Army. While setting up my account, I stated that I DO NOT want that "overdraft" protection and the fees associated with it. They did so anyway, and after being discharged and not having money, it goes to like -$500 just so I could live. I don't feel like paying since I stated I didn't want their rip-off "protection" BB&T listened, but did try to push it. I just said no thanks, and only once has that been an issue.