TD Bank

TheCroaker

This is mostly just a small rant, I love LTT, and pretty much everything they do, and so far the sponsors have been great. All of their sponsors seemed like great companies with good customer service, and then I watched their most recent Video Card Driver video, where TD Bank was their sponsor, TD Bank has royally fucked me over, and had some pretty crap customer service, and they did this for a good year or two as I tried to get my work to change where they sent my direct deposit, then my car broke down I had to get it fixed, which put me at very very slim pickings, as in less then 10 dollars, and I needed to go get gas. So I was like alright I will go get like 5 dollars in gas, which would get me through a week of just too and from work. TD had charged me 16 dollars for a maintenance fee because my account had a balance of less then a grand (because that obviously means I can afford it) and put me in a negative balance (I am half shocked with how many fees they have they didn't charge me the extra $35 fee that normally comes with a negative balance). And because not a month before that when I paid my credit card using my account, even though I had 500 dollars in my account they declined the transaction for no reason, and when I called them about the issue, because I got a fee for having been declined, they said that this was going to be my one "consolation" fee refund for the year, so i was boned there and out of gas, and when I called they essentially said I was SoL. Luckily I have a good family which helped me out in my time of need, but the point more so is that I understand LTT has to take sponsors, I understand that maybe the bank before was amazing and nothing has really changed with TD, or maybe you got your loan through them for the new place and this really helped with that. I am just trying to say that seeing TD really worries me about the whole sponsorship thing, they have fucked over me and people in my family my roommate as well, I truly hope this is a one shot bad choice or something, and it could be far worse, I just do not want it to go down hill and hurt a series I love so much

sorry for the rant

My PC:

Case: Corsair C70, Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45, CPU: I5-4670k, RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance, GPU: Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming , PSU: Corsair RM650W Gold, Storage: 250 GB Samsung EVO SSD, 240 GB Kingston SSDNOW

why was TD bank sponsoring a tech channel? 

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

why was TD bank sponsoring a tech channel? 

yeh that was my thought to. i was like uhm. linus wtf?

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

Yeah I was not expecting that at the end of the Video. I would expect to see a few more random sponsors here and there until they get on their feet after the move.  

i7 5820k, Asus Deluxe x99 3.1 board, 2 Strix980tis Sli, Intel 480gb SSD, 4T WD Black, Asus PG278Q, Acer xb271hu, UpDesk! 

With prosperity comes jealousy and with jealousy comes hatred. Or viceversa to motivate you guys, with hatred comes jealousy and with jealousy comes prosperity. If you guys are so "mad", then why don't you make a YouTube channel and see how it goes.. get sponsors. I bet it ain't easy as you think it is. LMG is a hard working, dedicated group of REAL people. They don't come from a family that enriched them with jewels and gold when they were toddlers, nor was Linus destined to become a CEO.. what Linus is proving however, by being a REAL person, who cares about REAL things, he is able to achieve ANYTHING he wants which made him become CEO. I think it's actually an amazing feat that LMG got a BANK SPONSOR. I mean, wow.. that's huge. If anyone thinks this is a troll post, I don't get it. I really don't. The brand LMG is growing so big so quickly, I love seeing this stuff. The company is heading to BIG things, I mean huge things... it's astonishing how even 2 years ago or even 1 year ago, their production level was so low, and now it's up to the professional level. Before you judge a book by its cover, actually read the book. It'll tell a story of how LMG is an ethical, successful and a bad ass business.

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ PROJECT: GreenLANTERN (click to view)

Being as friendly as possible....

In case you guys have not seen it... LMG is a business. In order to make content they need to spend money so they can make money. Basic elementary business know-how. If you're so butt hurt about a stupid Bank Ad then I don't know... you have other issues to take care of.

Being as friendly as possible....

In case you guys have not seen it... LMG is a business. In order to make content they need to spend money so they can make money. Basic elementary business know-how. If you're so butt hurt about a stupid Bank Ad then I don't know... you have other issues to take care of.

In case you also didn't take the whole time and read my actual post, I did not say I was mad, only that it was a worrying step into murky territory essentially and that I am happy that he can support this business I love so much with sponsors, I just do not want to see them going down a bad path

but you know, you could just not read it and spurt out some gobblety gook that works too

My PC:

Case: Corsair C70, Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45, CPU: I5-4670k, RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance, GPU: Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming , PSU: Corsair RM650W Gold, Storage: 250 GB Samsung EVO SSD, 240 GB Kingston SSDNOW

In case you also didn't take the whole time and read my actual post, I did not say I was mad, only that it was a worrying step into murky territory essentially and that I am happy that he can support this business I love so much with sponsors, I just do not want to see them going down a bad path

but you know, you could just not read it and spurt out some gobblety gook that works too

So, wait.. let me get this straight. Linus Media Group, which is on the best path possible...they have a HUGE studio, they employ 10+ people and are making more progress than ever before and you're worried so they don't go down a bad path? Are you watching the same Linus Tech Tips that I'm seeing? What are you worried about? That they're making more money?

So, wait.. let me get this straight. Linus Media Group, which is on the best path possible...they have a HUGE studio, they employ 10+ people and are making more progress than ever before and you're worried so they don't go down a bad path? Are you watching the same Linus Tech Tips that I'm seeing? What are you worried about? That they're making more money?

They said that at the end of the day they owe their loyalty to us and will not take sponsorship of people they do not trust or who could bring harm to the community, because they do not want to do anything to drive us away, and so them taking a sponsorship from a group like TD, who have fucked me over in the past is taking a step in that direction, this is my voicing my concern about this issue, as HE FUCKING SAID TO DO, if there was ever a sponsorship we felt weird about, for us to voice it

And I did, in a clear concise not asshole way. I want them to succeed, and I even said I understand in the god damned post

but again you pay no attention to anything that we are saying

My PC:

So, because of your bad experience.. you think TD Bank is going to do bad to LMG? Seems a little one-sided. Maybe your issue was related specifically to you and to others they may love TD Bank. Have you ever thought of to think of everything else and not yourself?

So, because of your bad experience.. you think TD Bank is going to do bad to LMG? Seems a little one-sided. Maybe your issue was related specifically to you and to others they may love TD Bank. Have you ever thought of to think of everything else and not yourself?

and have you ever taken the time to think maybe 5 seconds before you speak. I am trying my best to offer constructive criticism to Linus and his group because that is what he asked, if ever we as a community feel weird about a sponsor or something along those lines to say something, and that is what I am doing, as I have and know people who have had horrible experiences with this company in the past

so therefore I am voicing my opinion, and offering constructive criticism with an explanation, not condemning Linus or any of his employees, they are great people

maybe if you could open your mind a bit and actually listen to what people have to say instead of just hearing any little criticism and standing as stalwart of someone who asked for this kind of info you would be able to see what I am trying to say

My PC:

Just because you can't keep your finances in order does not make it anybody else's fault.

Just because you can't keep your finances in order does not make it anybody else's fault.

bad customer support, and unnecessary fees are the issue here not my finances, thanks though for your input

My PC:

Here's 5 steps to help you get over your TD Bank escapade...

1- Acknowledge envy.

2- Recognize that pride is just the flip side of the envy coin.

3- Replace envy with compassion.

4- Let envy fuel self-improvement--when appropriate.

5- Don't forget to count your own blessings.

Here's 5 steps to help you get over your TD Bank escapade...

1- Acknowledge envy.

2- Recognize that pride is just the flip side of the envy coin.

3- Replace envy with compassion.

4- Let envy fuel self-improvement--when appropriate.

5- Don't forget to count your own blessings.

what I do not understand about you is where this envy thing is coming from, I am not envious of Linus at all, I am happy he is doing what he is doing, but I do not want his life, I do not want to be a youtube celebrity, or a celebrity of any nature

I am happy with my life. I am just a member of the community trying to voice a concern how are you this thick headed

My PC:

Out of that entire post, I don't really see how they royally screwed you.  Most of those complaints are pretty common practice.  Sucks though, but that stuff happens.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

Out of that entire post, I don't really see how they royally screwed you.  Most of those complaints are pretty common practice.  Sucks though, but that stuff happens.

it is more the fact that their customer support is poor, and to add to it that they charge you 3 dollars to check your balance at an ATM

and I mean if I was Linus I wouldn't want to associate my brand with a brand who makes money off fucking people who are low on cash over

and the royally screwed over part is they made me use my "get out of jail free card" they give everyone once a year on their own fuck up, which then fucked me over hard later

and I was lucky I have family who helped me out

Edited by TheCroaker

My PC:

it is more the fact that their customer support is poor, and to add to it that they charge you 3 dollars to check your balance at an ATM

and I mean if I was Linus I wouldn't want to associate my brand with a brand who makes money off fucking people who are low on cash over

and the royally screwed over part is they made me use my "get out of jail free card" they give everyone once a year on their own fuck up, which then fucked me over hard later

Well if he bases his sponsors of those who only have good customer service than there would be a lot of PC companies that couldn't be sponsors, otherwise great companies.

I get that people hate banks for those reasons, but to be fair, those are very well known and agreed upon when creating an account.  There are reasons for minimum balances and fees associated with low funds.  I have to say a $3 fee to check your balance is odd, unless it's not one of their ATMs then that makes more sense.

Hard to say they royally screwed you over by sticking to the rules they had put in place.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

bad customer support, and unnecessary fees are the issue here not my finances, thanks though for your input

There is an agreement with a bank when you open an account. Charging you fees that they told you about and then not eating it is not bad customer service.

Yep going to call BS on the $3 and there is more to the story of the "bank fuck ed up and charged me".

and have you ever taken the time to think maybe 5 seconds before you speak. I am trying my best to offer constructive criticism to Linus and his group because that is what he asked, if ever we as a community feel weird about a sponsor or something along those lines to say something, and that is what I am doing, as I have and know people who have had horrible experiences with this company in the past

so therefore I am voicing my opinion, and offering constructive criticism with an explanation, not condemning Linus or any of his employees, they are great people

maybe if you could open your mind a bit and actually listen to what people have to say instead of just hearing any little criticism and standing as stalwart of someone who asked for this kind of info you would be able to see what I am trying to say

You did no such thing you just went on a paragraph rant about how TD "screwed" you, when the fact of the matter is you were not aware of the (incredibly common) fee banks charge in situations like you described.

my actual constructive criticism to you is keep better track of your finances and the terms you agree to when you sign the legal documents to open your account at an establishment, because any bank is going to "screw" you just like td did in that situation.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Yep going to call BS on the $3 and there is more to the story of the "bank fuck ed up and charged me".

as a TD customer I can tell you it is bullshit unless he has some  god awful backwards account setup. TD will charge you after X number of times you go to a teller in a month with certain accounts they wont charge you for ATM interaction.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Next weeks sponsor... Burrand Acura of Vancouver... Offering 1.9% financing on the all new 2016 Acura TL!

My customer service from TD has always been (and continues to be) stellar (customer for 20 years) so I don't really know what to say about the OP's experience :(

I can only really go based on my own exp when evaluating a sponsor.