AMD Hawaii, Launched in Hawaii on Sept 25

xAcid9

lets hope amd don't disappoint us because iam planing to buy the 9970
if they released a ghz edition or something like that after a a couple months i will never go back to amd again -___- leaving Nvidia is a tough choice guys D:
lets hope its priced below $600

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

if they released a ghz edition or something like that after a a couple months i will never go back to amd again -___- leaving Nvidia is a tough choice guys D:

Why? You can OC the non GHz to Ghz easily...

Its the same chip.

Many will agree with that the early batch of 7900 series is the best overclockers out there.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Why? You can OC the non GHz to Ghz easily...

Its the same chip.

how the hell do u know

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.

Good god i'm glad i have to wait until october anyways to build my pc...

will be the first time switching to anything AMD

ive been with intel/Nvidia since 2007

i hope i wont be disappointed  :)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

will be the first time switching to anything AMD

ive been with intel/Nvidia since 2007

i hope i wont be disappointed  :)

im in the same boat as u mate :D

Oh well, guess I'll it from a non-Never Settle place if it's only BF4

#BoycottEA

Still, this is so awesome.

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

Battlefield 4 lan on an Air Carrier by AMD?

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

GPU: ASUS R9 290 Direct CUII  PSU: Corsair AX 860

how the hell do u know

you do realize the Ghz edition is just higher clocked out of the factory, nothing more. They are the same core, the same architecture and the same power delivery,put them side by side outside a computer with both of them reference design and I dare you to pick the Ghz edition as there are no Physically manifested changes in the PCB layout or the power delivery circuitry. say GHZ is 1000Mhz and the non GHZ is 925Mhz, if I bumped the clock speed to the same point then you get the same performance since there is no difference in the chips.  

7990 will most likely be better. Volcanic Islands is still 28nm.

damn I was really hoping for a push on 20nm, I guess ill hang on to my 7970s till the next generation, that was my one stipulation with Volcanic Islands, I wanted to see 20nm for a massive boost, if its still 28nm then they can ink more performance out of it, just probably not as much as I would like to see.

damn I was really hoping for a push on 20nm, I guess ill hang on to my 7970s till the next generation, that was my one stipulation with Volcanic Islands, I wanted to see 20nm for a massive boost, if its still 28nm then they can ink more performance out of it, just probably not as much as I would like to see.

Indeed, I would really have loved to see 20nm in the coming cards but, oh well...

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

So should I get a 2007 R6 or 2 new 9970s?

R6 :D

i7 4790k | Asus Z97 M-Plus | 16GB Mushkin 1600mhz | Sapphire R9 390X | Samsung 830 128GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Corsair HX750i | Corsair Carbide 330r Blackout Edition 

Might have to hold off on getting a 7990 even though they have dropped the price

i7 4790k | Asus Z97 M-Plus | 16GB Mushkin 1600mhz | Sapphire R9 390X | Samsung 830 128GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Corsair HX750i | Corsair Carbide 330r Blackout Edition 

i think two 9950s will beat the 7990....the 9970 will probably be just under the 7990 specs but e close to its current £700 price tag........
my guess

9970 = £600

9950 = £450-500

either way i wont have enough to get either one anytime soon... :(

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

i think two 9950s will beat the 7990....the 9970 will probably be just under the 7990 specs but e close to its current £700 price tag........

my guess

9970 = 600

9950 = 450-500

either way i wont have enough to get either one anytime soon... :(

-Anubikai

Considering AMD's reputation for high Price/Performance GPU's, I expect it to be $450-$550 or £400-£500 personally.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Considering AMD's reputation for high Price/Performance GPU's, I expect it to be $450-$550 or £400-£500 personally.

if the 9950 or 9970 is 400-500 then im gonna sell my 7950 asap....i was gonna buy another anyway....why not put both together to get a awesoem gpu(if its all cut out what its rumoured to be).......

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

For the people complaining about it not being 20nm, the 9970 (supposedly) outperforms a Titan. Take that with grain of salt, but it's something to hope for. I personally will buy a 9970 in a heartbeat if it's only $500-$650 but outperforms a Titan with, or close to, just as much VRAM (4GB or more). 

Never Settle makes that deal much sweeter.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Even if the performance isn't absolutely mind blowing, the games that it's supposed to be bundled with will make it

Even if the performance isn't absolutely mind blowing, the games that it's supposed to be bundled with will make it

yeah i was planning on buying bf4 anyway.....why nto add that ontpop of the moneyf rom seeling my gpu (£240) another £200 i was gonna spend on buying another 7950 and then £60 for bf4.......with £500 im expecting to be able to atleast get the 9950 possibly the 9970.....

-Anubikai

Indeed. This pleases me. Hopefully these rumours are true.

gpuboss_9970.jpg

UNLEASH THE BEAST!

nope,

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

AMD will have a HUGE advantage over others because they are in the consoles so every game will be much more optimezed for AMD even if the card is 1% faster or slower than 780 it will run games better ;)

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight