My terrible experience with Dell.

NickB

Been using Dell Optiplex 7020s and Precision T5500s last semester, operating 24/7 for the entire semester while construction work was being done in the same room. Absolutely love their professional grade equipment.  

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Lenovo is the only company that I trust rn

Lenovo have been known to pre-install spyware on their computers in order to secretly gather information about users. That's not a company I would trust, Asus, MSI and Acer are all more trustworthy brands.

Anything with proprietary technology is bad news because then the manufacturer can integrate redundancy technology.

I had an old Toshiba Satellite L500D that completely died in the middle of a game.

Tried everything to fix it and reset it, but couldn't even get it to post to the BIOS screen.

That thing cost AU$1000 brand new, and when such a thing barely lasts two years, it highlights just how wrong the 'laptops are great value' claims are.

Personally my experience with Dell is fantastic. We have ~150 Dell PC's here at work. Granted, they are business class workstations with business class warranties - so the warranty we get is better than the regular one (Next day on-site tech or parts, as necessary). But I've never had any issues with them.

@NickB

If something is out of warranty, you shouldn't even bother getting it repaired by the manufacturer. Take it to Best Buy or Staples if you don't have the skill to fix it yourself. Or a trusted Mom & Pop local independent PC Repair Shop if you have one near by.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

i have just one question why would u waste 430 $ to send it back when it is out of warranty ur on llt man just open it up and diy :3

Well, I didn't care cause I wasn't paying for it. American express provides an extra year warranty so they paid for it. lol

I couldn't fix it myself because Alienware is extremely customized. Plus the broken part is a part that they make.

$450?

You can probably buy a new PC with that... 

(Edit: Not an alienware though.)

I have a friend who bought a dell laptop, the motherboard fried after a while, so dell sent someone to repair it. The guy replaced the motherboard but forgot to reconnect the speakers. So yea... They did offer to send someone else to fix it though, so I guess that's something.

Their support is not always same all over the place in the world.

It depends on support people's mind.

I've had no bad experience with DELL.

One of my friend got a Dell External HDD, Disk failure. Created a RMA. Got a brand new HDD within 4 days.

May be the support people were lazy.

It is not a good habit to blame DELL. It's the people who work for DELL.

Blaming the company isn't ideal, but Dell IS responsible for the service their employees provide to the customer. 

If it is just the support being lazy, Dell should still do something about it. They won't know until you tell them though, file a complaint and let them know you're not satisfied.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

I wouldn't pay crazy amount for an alienware especially new. I did however owned one for a good while cause it was a steal. I just keep an m11x for mobility and some gaming. I'd get a Toshiba before a dell/hp laptop though.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Dell are very reliable in my eyes, HP are shit, like they are actual crap. Before i knew anything about computers, we bought prebuilt PC's (i was 7 at the time) it went back to the shop no joke 8 times in 6 months, then dad said stuff it and we got one custom built. 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

always build yourself or go to someone who can build for you, like someone in your area who loves computers, if that doesn't work, buy a pc at a retailer and let them assemble it :)

Yeah I didn't think of that back then. I used to think Alienware was amazing and something I should really get.

My father works for dell, so if I have any issues he gets me taken care of

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

It's a shame you had a poor experience with them OP, for me it was very good actually. My old ass laptop back when it had warranty, one of the key caps broke off. Contacted them, they sent over a courier who came with a suitcase looking thing and whisked my laptop away for repair, got it back four days later with a fresh keyboard.

It's a shame you had a poor experience with them OP, for me it was very good actually. My old ass laptop back when it had warranty, one of the key caps broke off. Contacted them, they sent over a courier who came with a suitcase looking thing and whisked my laptop away for repair, got it back four days later with a fresh keyboard.

Well, you had a warranty. When it runs out, they don't take good carr of you anymore. I liked Dell while I had a warranty :/

Repairs still on hold, they called me saying that they should return it this week. I'll let you guys know.

(To anyone who just entered this thread: My PC is being repaired by Dell and it's been a whole month that they kept moving up the return date.)

Well, you had a warranty. When it runs out, they don't take good carr of you anymore. I liked Dell while I had a warranty :/

I was very lucky because I was like literally a week away from expired warranty. 

Repairs still on hold, they called me saying that they should return it this week. I'll let you guys know.

(To anyone who just entered this thread: My PC is being repaired by Dell and it's been a whole month that they kept moving up the return date.)

I would demand to speak to their manager, and ask for a discount because of the extreme time delays you've been through, and the fact that they keep pushing back the completion date. Never hurts to ask. Just be polite but firm.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Dell Desktops I haven't had much problems with them apart from people coming to me stating that "it won't turn on" to then result in a dead power supply (how? idk..). The laptops are alot worse in the experiences while working with them.

We learn when we tinker.

I would demand to speak to their manager, and ask for a discount because of the extreme time delays you've been through, and the fact that they keep pushing back the completion date. Never hurts to ask. Just be polite but firm.

I'll consider it, thanks :)

The price has gone up since I bought it. Next time this piece of shit breaks, I'm building my own PC. Also, it was no problem paying the $430 because American Express gives you an extra year of warranty. So they gave me $430 and I used it to fix it.

why don't you just build your own PC now?

My brother bought a "gaming" hp laptop too. He asked for the best gaming laptop they have. Idk how much he paid for it but it had a dual core AMD with HD 5450 and 4GB ram. This was 1-2 years ago.

he can't 1080, much laggggg.

why don't you just build your own PC now?

I'm currently saving up $$$$$$$$

-------------------------------------------------------

Repairs aren't on hold anymore. Estimated return date: Tomorrow.

If you think dealing with manufacturers are hard, try dealing with an in-store warranty at Best Buy. Worked there for 3 years, still don't know how those laptops ever end up getting fixed, if they ever do. 

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

Expected return date was today, but it doesn't say "unit shipped". Get your shit straight Dell.

I had to send my laptop in 4 times with them while it was in warranty (and for fifth time out of warranty) because the refurbished motherboards they were using are terrible. After the last repair I got it back just as my warranty ended and it the mPCI-e was non functional so I had no wifi on my laptop. I had to fight tooth and nail for them to fix it. I had to slam them on twitter and facebook before anything happened. 

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

If you ever buy a PC again, I recommend Vision Computers. 3 warranty on their PCs.

I'm building my own next time, but thanks