My terrible experience with Dell.

NickB

I haven't had any problems from my Dell PCs, although my Dell Dimension 2100 did fail a month ago. (quite the old timer!)

I have never had any problems with their customer service either, when I contacted them I got swift, courteous service. (they even gave my a free tablet with my laptop despite that sale being over)

Lord of Helium.

The PC was an Alienware x51 for $950

Why would anyone pay 450$ for a 950$. I mean after 2 years that computer wasn't even worth 450$ anymore :P

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

funny how I'd probably get a better experience using warranty on actual components then an actual pre-built PC, that should work better in terms of reliability. 

it is funny I have had good experiences in the past dealing with actual component manufacturers, usually far better then dealing with the PC builders

My PC:

Case: Corsair C70, Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45, CPU: I5-4670k, RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance, GPU: Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming , PSU: Corsair RM650W Gold, Storage: 250 GB Samsung EVO SSD, 240 GB Kingston SSDNOW

consumer repairs are always this poor. get one of there servers, and normally they are on site in 4 hours (but I believe this is an additional cost, i don't deal with procurement).

Dell has its problems like HP....Even if they are on top of one of the number 3 lists of laptop brands that Tomshardware chosed LOL (probably a biased article)

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

it is funny I have had good experiences in the past dealing with actual component manufacturers, usually far better then dealing with the PC builders

I thought this comment was going to go somewhere until that last part 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

Why would anyone pay 450$ for a 950$. I mean after 2 years that computer wasn't even worth 450$ anymore :P

The price has gone up since I bought it. Next time this piece of shit breaks, I'm building my own PC. Also, it was no problem paying the $430 because American Express gives you an extra year of warranty. So they gave me $430 and I used it to fix it.

Well. I'm fucked then. I have HP laptop for gaming and entertainment and Dell laptop for school. Should I be worried? :D

King of Off Topic.

I've got a Dell laptop from 2004 that's still going strong, now running windows 7. It's lasted longer than two other laptops and a hard drive. All that broke was the power cable. Just saying

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

My dell warranty was amazing. I had a tech guy come out and fix it. The out of warranty is fine too. I needed a windows disc and I didn't have warranty and they said they couldn't do it. All you need to do is ask for their supervisor. They then said I needed to pay for it and I then went on about how my dad has had so many sell computers and will never buy one again and I got it for free xD

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

Well. I'm fucked then. I have HP laptop for gaming and entertainment and Dell laptop for school. Should I be worried? :D

If it's not Alienware, you're good

If it's not Alienware, you're good

No. It's not alienware. :D

King of Off Topic.

Lenovo is the only company that I trust rn

Lenovo is the only company that I trust rn

So u don't trust Asus, u don't trust MSI, u don't trust Acer?

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

HP are just as bad IMO

yep bought hp a month ago having same issues ... 

So u don't trust Asus, u don't trust MSI, u don't trust Acer?

Acer laptops are OK and MSI's are really overpriced and thick, Asus just doesn't always cut it for me. 

-

i have just one question why would u waste 430 $ to send it back when it is out of warranty ur on llt man just open it up and diy :3 

Reminds me of the rant Jeff Green did on GFW Radio back in the day with his troubles with a Dell computer.

Basically they ordered a computer from Dell and after they made the last payment Dell started calling their home harassing them for months about missing payments.

They talked to people at dell several times and it took forever before someone at Dell realized they had fucked up and that the last payment in their system was, for some reason, scheduled a year later.

Acer laptops are OK and MSI's are really overpriced and thick, Asus just doesn't always cut it for me.

Aren't only the GT series laptops from MSI thick? The GE, GS and others are pretty thin in my opinion.

The only company i've received horrible support from was Microsoft for their Surface line.

Hands down my best service has been from Apple and Corsair though.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Aren't only the GT series laptops from MSI thick? The GE, GS and others are pretty thin in my opinion.

Lenovo's are thinner and cheaper

Well not entirely thinner but still half of the price

This is my experience with all pre-built pc's in a nutshell. I started out with an HP "gaming" desktop, and as I didn't know anything about it, I trusted the guy in the store. It said "core i7" and "Nvidia Geforce graphics" so I obviously thought it had to be good. Back home after some light games I tried The Witcher 2 I think it was, and turns out a € 1000 pc can't play it even at medium. I went back to the store and explained it, and they said they coudn't do anything about it, that a good gaming pc costs a lot more than € 1000 euro. After reading a lot of forums and news articles, I obviously got wiser and seeing back now, buying an i7 2600 and a GT 530 in that pc, is ridiculous to advertise as "gaming". More like "high end media pc"

To be fair, having worked at a big box retailer, most of the training given by the employer and Intel is inadequate at best. I know that PC you bought with the i7 has a decent processor for gaming, but the graphics card is exactly as you said: suited for media consumption.

Even the higher end $1200 CAD i7 desktops we sold had fully populated 8GB or 12GB RAM, 2TB or 3TB hard drives, sometimes even an SSD for boot drive, yet the graphics card they threw in wasn't worth anything when it comes to gaming.

This coupled with Intel's RetailEdge training site repeatedly stating the "Intel HD Graphics" are excellent for even casual gamers do not give pre-built PC's a good reputation, unless the guy selling it to you asks the right questions and actually knows his stuff. (Sorry Intel; I love your RetailEdge training, and all the free swag that comes with it, but really you need to stop telling people your graphics are great for playing AAA titles. They're not. Not even for a casual pleb gamer like myself.)

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

This is my experience with all pre-built pc's in a nutshell. I started out with an HP "gaming" desktop, and as I didn't know anything about it, I trusted the guy in the store. It said "core i7" and "Nvidia Geforce graphics" so I obviously thought it had to be good. Back home after some light games I tried The Witcher 2 I think it was, and turns out a € 1000 pc can't play it even at medium. I went back to the store and explained it, and they said they coudn't do anything about it, that a good gaming pc costs a lot more than € 1000 euro. After reading a lot of forums and news articles, I obviously got wiser and seeing back now, buying an i7 2600 and a GT 530 in that pc, is ridiculous to advertise as "gaming". More like "high end media pc"

My brother bought a "gaming" hp laptop too. He asked for the best gaming laptop they have. Idk how much he paid for it but it had a dual core AMD with HD 5450 and 4GB ram. This was 1-2 years ago.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.