"Project Fallen" ~ Design and Development Log

MzCatieB

I'm definitely interested on how it turns out. ( I'm fallowing you on Twitter and now on Youtube as well ) Good Luck with!

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

if the Xbox one is Indie Dev Friendly i might release it on there, but it completely depends on there terms and conditions as UDK will be taking 25% of the profits after we pass $50,000 but thats are stretch target

Character artist in the Games industry.

if the Xbox one is Indie Dev Friendly i might release it on there, but it completely depends on there terms and conditions as UDK will be taking 25% of the profits after we pass $50,000 but thats are stretch target

So, no PC support?

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

So, no PC support?

Full development on and support on PC, but i wont mind putting it on Consoles at some point.

Full development on and support on PC, but i wont mind putting it on Consoles at some point.

Are you going to do a kickstarter? If you decide to, I suggest waiting until you have a bit of content. Enough to show how the game will be in it's final phases.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Are you going to do a kickstarter? If you decide to, I suggest waiting until you have a bit of content. Enough to show how the game will be in it's final phases.

She said maybe. THoguh it would give the project a boost

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

She said maybe. THoguh it would give the project a boost

My bad. Missed that post of hers on the 1st page.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

My bad. Missed that post of hers on the 1st page.

No worries. It would make a great boost. I just hope i get special ranks and passes like Official Dev Tester! :P

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

that's the plan, i want to get the game up to at least Beta faze, which will more or less be the entire game mechanics, a few maps and a few weapons with some other things, the kickstarter will be to help me get a team together possibly for support and to get the first DLC out with story and stuff.

During the development of the DLC i will be actively be releasing maps as well as Bug/glitch fixing. a few months before the DLC Map's and weapon updates will stop and the DLC will have 1 Free map and Weapon released to the None DLC version of the game, with the DLC having a handful of maps and a larger selection of weapons as well as the first part of the story and Co-op mode up and running.

i don't want to make players feel like im catering to the "Premium" users only that's why i want to release a weapon set and a map with each DLC, that way i can keep the "none premium" players happy and the community active, also i feel that releasing the story as DLC will be better for me cause i don't want to release a new game every time i want to release more story, this way i keep players growing rather than jumping from story to story. i will also release all new game types for free to all users.

Also i will try and set up a Custom skin for all guns for the testers.

Note for the alpha testing all Guns will be fully unlocked, the Beta will see the levelling system introduced aswell as a few additional features i am planning to work on. 

that's the plan, i want to get the game up to at least Beta faze, which will more or less be the entire game mechanics, a few maps and a few weapons with some other things, the kickstarter will be to help me get a team together possibly for support and to get the first DLC out with story and stuff.

During the development of the DLC i will be actively be releasing maps as well as Bug/glitch fixing. a few months before the DLC Map's and weapon updates will stop and the DLC will have 1 Free map and Weapon released to the None DLC version of the game, with the DLC having a handful of maps and a larger selection of weapons as well as the first part of the story and Co-op mode up and running.

i don't want to make players feel like im catering to the "Premium" users only that's why i want to release a weapon set and a map with each DLC, that way i can keep the "none premium" players happy and the community active, also i feel that releasing the story as DLC will be better for me cause i don't want to release a new game every time i want to release more story, this way i keep players growing rather than jumping from story to story. i will also release all new game types for free to all users.

Also i will try and set up a Custom skin for all guns for the testers.

Note for the alpha testing all Guns will be fully unlocked, the Beta will see the levelling system introduced aswell as a few additional features i am planning to work on. 

Sounds like a plan. 

TESTERS! 

ASSEMBLE!!!!

Sounds like a plan. 

TESTERS! 

ASSEMBLE!!!!

i would like to say that during the Alpha/ Beta faze you are going to have to join up to my website so you can bug report the game (Make my life easier).

and Online Servers are going to be client sided (This is so i dont have to waste funding on server space and can put more money in to the game making it better for players)

i would like to say that during the Alpha/ Beta faze you are going to have to join up to my website so you can bug report the game (Make my life easier).

and Online Servers are going to be client sided (This is so i dont have to waste funding on server space and can put more money in to the game making it better for players)

I'd love to work by the Alpha phase with you. As long as you PM me then all will be according to the plan.

Just a warning: Having your game servers client-side open's the game up to the world of hacking. :| Just a thought.

Basically, if you wanted to prevent this, you'd want to keep most of the game on a server where hackers can't have unrestricted access to the game's data. However, this introduces other problems like lag/desync and other things (like paying for a server).

People will be able to hack in other ways, more than likely, but putting all the data client-side means that they'll be able to edit things like their health. Or xp level. Or pretty much anything they want. 

There could be systems set in place to prevent this (such as checking for dubious activity like taking damage but not dying in an unrealistic frame of time), but you get the idea.

Just something to consider going forward.

I'd love to work by the Alpha phase with you. As long as you PM me then all will be according to the plan.

This.

† Christian Member †

All Closed Alpha testers will be PMed (When Closed alpha is released i will pm the list of users that are "Confirmed Testers") after that the Tests will be Open to test Capacity aswell as find bugs/ glitches more easy.

Just a warning: Having your game servers client-side open's the game up to the world of hacking. :| Just a thought.

Basically, if you wanted to prevent this, you'd want to keep most of the game on a server where hackers can't have unrestricted access to the game's data. However, this introduces other problems like lag/desync and other things (like paying for a server).

People will be able to hack in other ways, more than likely, but putting all the data client-side means that they'll be able to edit things like their health. Or xp level. Or pretty much anything they want. 

There could be systems set in place to prevent this (such as checking for dubious activity like taking damage but not dying in an unrealistic frame of time), but you get the idea.

Just something to consider going forward.

This.

CoD mw2 wasn't client sided and they still get hacked to the same level, all i will say is that players can do hacked games but i will have a team actively resetting the progress of people caught hacking, in fact i plan to get a team of people doing it when i get the funding.

Also i plan to add in perks which will sort of balance the hackers out making it pointless, like "Cluster Grenade launchers" and "Sonar Scopes" and possibly "Smart bullets".

CoD mw2 wasn't client sided and they still get hacked to the same level, all i will say is that players can do hacked games but i will have a team actively resetting the progress of people caught hacking, in fact i plan to get a team of people doing it when i get the funding.

Also i plan to add in perks which will sort of balance the hackers out making it pointless, like "Cluster Grenade launchers" and "Sonar Scopes" and possibly "Smart bullets".

Partially incorrect. 

The ranking system for MW2 was client sided among a few other things. This is why plugging your PS3 into your computer then your computer to the internet (thus letting your computer handle the PS3/PSN traffic) would allow you to rank up to max level/stats/etc etc as it would basically lie to the server saying you had all those things in place of the PS3. However, PSN couldn't recognize this as any different from the PS3. 

I learned all that from a friend of mine (an actual friend, not just me pretending to have a friend) who did this. I like earning my level/stats/etc personally.

It's partially correct because the actual games were hosted on dedicated servers rather than being replicated between clients and servers or having clients be the servers.

That's interesting about the perks. Not sure how that will work out, but we'll see.

Sticking to client-sided stuff, then I suggest creating systems to set up flags on players' accounts when strange activity occurs. If they level multiple times in a single game, for example, or survive things they shouldn't, that'd work. Then have someone look back over the relevant information (a log, or video of the match, preferably) to determine if he actually cheated/hacked. The goal however would be to prevent innocent players from falling prey to said systems when they are simply good at the game as well as to have a review system to prevent the system potentially failing from hurting innocent players as well.

Just my thoughts on it.

† Christian Member †

All Closed Alpha testers will be PMed (When Closed alpha is released i will pm the list of users that are "Confirmed Testers") after that the Tests will be Open to test Capacity aswell as find bugs/ glitches more easy.

Ehh Perks. They need more balancing in-game so we need to survey how they preform with specific weapons and how they would be over powered in some way. Hackers we can take care of by kicks and bans. 

Make sure to PM all the Alpha testers! I don't wanna be left out :P

First look at the map "Training Centre". Work in progress, Working on the building the map layout over the next few days, then Static meshes and then texturing everything later on, will upload as i go.

Character models are not mine, they are just for scaling purposes.

Will get a video up of the map and the features as soon as possible

Note: i am trying to do a form of Levelution (as seen in BF4) This will be shown in the video of the final version when complete.

training_center__first_look__by_fringato

Hope you guys like what i have so far, spent all days doing tests to get what i have here and the final version should be enjoyable aswell as interactive 

If anyone has any suggestions for a map please don't hesitate to say, so far i have 3 maps i am working on Training Centre being the only 1 i am going to be releasing pictures of through out the process

If anyone has any suggestions for a map please don't hesitate to say, so far i have 3 maps i am working on Training Centre being the only 1 i am going to be releasing pictures of through out the process

What I would suggest would maybe to try and make some very vertical levels, like some of the ones in the Crysis 2 multiplayer. I don't know if it would work, but that an idea atleast.

What I would suggest would maybe to try and make some very vertical levels, like the some of the ones in the Crysis 2 multiplayer. I don't know if it would work, but that an idea atleast.

my plan is to make the maps change from combat, so they are going to be extremely destructive and i want to try do a levelution system as well so larger outdoor maps will see collapsing building which changes the dynamic of the gameplay slightly.

The map that will see the most is going to be "Glass Walk" i think that it will be the most enjoyable to play out of the 3 maps im working on, and i know you will like what you see.

but by suggestions i mean common locations like, train station, shopping centre, village ext.

my plan is to make the maps change from combat, so they are going to be extremely destructive and i want to try do a levelution system as well so larger outdoor maps will see collapsing building which changes the dynamic of the gameplay slightly.

The map that will see the most is going to be "Glass Walk" i think that it will be the most enjoyable to play out of the 3 maps im working on, and i know you will like what you see.

but by suggestions i mean common locations like, train station, shopping centre, village ext.

A shopping mall would be pretty exciting, but I can only imagin it to be a tedious job to make it with a destructible enviroment. What I would really like see to would be an apartment complex, sorta like a project. This would be amazing with a destructible enviroment. 

One question: What type of game will this be? I don't think I understand that yet. When I look at it, will it look cartoony or realistic?

manga-fighter-obstacle-course.jpg?ec9f9b

VS

ss_7ddeef2427ec7379975158344e287bd463cb2

If that was posted somewhere, sorry that I missed it.

These say "should" and imply how I think it should be a lot, but they are suggestions. Keep that in mind.

Like, the 50th floor in an office building.

As you fight, at a random interval during the game (though it can just "not happen" and isn't a guaranteed thing) a jet hits the level along with another adjacent building with some missiles causing the two buildings to collapse towards one another (players would be in control the whole time and dying during this interval is totally possible).

Then, after the two building collide, they are propped up by one another and stop falling but combine into a somewhat larger level via various paths across the gap between the two buildings. Varying from a window washing platform you see in all the movies/games, to a simple utility ladder, to large furniture that fell through the windows from floors above. This would cause a transition in the stage from a small level to a larger one enabling more dynamic awesomeness.

The two buildings could further fall down later to transition to a ground level game where the two buildings have collapsed thus enlarging the area further. Players still stay in control and must find a way to survive during the collapse (obviously make it possible but not guaranteed) and this isn't guaranteed either.

The last collapsing sequence could be based on the level of destruction done to the build and whoever ultimately causes it gets all the kills (both ally and enemy) for the people who die in the collapse.

The first collapsing sequence could be triggered by someone getting a "kill streak" (for the love of God call it something else though) and calling in said air strike and the same rules apply.

As for how they would survive, I would just have it so that if nothing lands on them or they do not fall too far, they make it. Unless they are shot of course, but that's unrelated to the collapse.

Do not make these cinematic events where players are just sitting there watching it happen please, if possible.

This one is simple. Just make it a carnival with all the usual things.

A roller coaster would be nice, but a ferris wheel is a must. Ticket booths, cotton candy stands, over expensive prize games, etc. Maybe a small carnival themed restaurant.

The environment could be changed by C4 being placed at the base of the Ferris Wheel causing it to roll off (it's in operation throughout the battle) causing untold, random, destruction throughout the park. Random is important there. It shouldn't just follow a designated path. It should react to how the environment has changed accordingly. If I knock over a tower (like the Superman Tower of Power in Six Flags, or one of those hammer things where you hit it to test your strength) it should change direction/fall over as it rolls over it.

The roller coaster could be in operation as well and depending on where you blow up the structure, the coaster would fly off futher altering the landscape.

A tank should roll into the park at some point and roll around semi-randomly causing more destruction and eventually (but not necessarily) be destroyed by rockets from off map, or from player rockets. This tank is obviously not operational to players, but it more so an obstacle in the game.

Directly ripped from a level of multiplayer off of BF3, obviously be creative and I doubt there would be much of a problem. The strategy would change a bit depending on where the fight is. Dark cramped subway or bright open street.

Adding in destruction, the subway could collapse (give it pillars to be destroyed to trigger this) making the ceiling cave in which would enlarge the street section further. Accordingly, the buildings outside the map, either due to a random event or player rockets hitting the base (if they want to shoot them and projectiles can leave the immediate area of the battlegrounds), can fall turning the street area into Ground Zero (I do not mean to reference 9/11, but am only giving a name that makes sense, though this could very well be controversial for that reason) where there's a lot more cover, obstacles, among other things.

Players should totally be able to be killed by events if they are in the wrong place at the wrong time. However, I suggest making the events that can be player-triggered hard to do so, so that they cannot be triggered immediately after the beginning of the game but have to be something accidentally caused by active gameplay or by intentional but constant attempts by the players to cause them. In other words, the buildings/subway ceiling shouldn't fall within the first minute of the battle. 

(Marvel Avengers style) though I suggest making it cartoony and open rather than like a normal Destroyer that the Marvel guys use. Depends on the answer to my previous question.

The battleship could deteriorate as the battle wages on depending on damage to it. It could even be damaged so much that it falls out of the sky, ending the battle, even if the timer/score objective isn't completed yet. Obviously this should be difficult to cause. 

Parts of the ship could explode, thus altering the landscape of the battleground. Planes/helicopters could fly by and if a player shoots one down and it lands on the battleship, well, yeah. Lots of destruction.

Players should be able to fall off. Simply because the ship should be large enough that it is hard to do unintentionally. 

The levels under the ship could have catwalks to allow less open combat.

A very large forest with a mixture of open areas (fields with tall grass) and patches of trees (for climbing to snipe among other things) Add in a "in development" construction site on the edge of a larger city (that's directly adjacent to the forest). So the map would be 80% forest and 20% construction side on the edge of a city that is growing into the jungle.

As the game goes on, entire trees (there should be very large ones) can be blown up and fall over accordingly. Events, such as a napalm strike, can alter the terrain accordingly and should not always be in the same place. 

Weather effects in this case would be awesome. A large tropical storm (assuming you place it in such a biome) could hit mid-game and cause flooding of sorts for more events to alter the landscape. Again, not a 100% guaranteed event but relatively random.

Note that all the events I listed in the above level suggestions do not have to be mutually exclusive to the maps I listed them in. A tank could drive through the forest, or a napalm strike could hit the deck of the battleship. It is whatever you want it to be.

Those are all I have got for now. I hope you guys like them.

† Christian Member †

One question: What type of game will this be? I don't think I understand that yet. When I look at it, will it look cartoony or realistic?

VS

These say "should" and imply how I think it should be a lot, but they are suggestions. Keep that in mind.

As you fight, at a random interval during the game (though it can just "not happen" and isn't a guaranteed thing) a jet hits the level along with another adjacent building with some missiles causing the two buildings to collapse towards one another (players would be in control the whole time and dying during this interval is totally possible).

Then, after the two building collide, they are propped up by one another and stop falling but combine into a somewhat larger level via various paths across the gap between the two buildings. Varying from a window washing platform you see in all the movies/games, to a simple utility ladder, to large furniture that fell through the windows from floors above. This would cause a transition in the stage from a small level to a larger one enabling more dynamic awesomeness.

The two buildings could further fall down later to transition to a ground level game where the two buildings have collapsed thus enlarging the area further. Players still stay in control and must find a way to survive during the collapse (obviously make it possible but not guaranteed) and this isn't guaranteed either.

The last collapsing sequence could be based on the level of destruction done to the build and whoever ultimately causes it gets all the kills (both ally and enemy) for the people who die in the collapse.

The first collapsing sequence could be triggered by someone getting a "kill streak" (for the love of God call it something else though) and calling in said air strike and the same rules apply.

As for how they would survive, I would just have it so that if nothing lands on them or they do not fall too far, they make it. Unless they are shot of course, but that's unrelated to the collapse.

Do not make these cinematic events where players are just sitting there watching it happen please, if possible.

A roller coaster would be nice, but a ferris wheel is a must. Ticket booths, cotton candy stands, over expensive prize games, etc. Maybe a small carnival themed restaurant.

The environment could be changed by C4 being placed at the base of the Ferris Wheel causing it to roll off (it's in operation throughout the battle) causing untold, random, destruction throughout the park. Random is important there. It shouldn't just follow a designated path. It should react to how the environment has changed accordingly. If I knock over a tower (like the Superman Tower of Power in Six Flags, or one of those hammer things where you hit it to test your strength) it should change direction/fall over as it rolls over it.

The roller coaster could be in operation as well and depending on where you blow up the structure, the coaster would fly off futher altering the landscape.

A tank should roll into the park at some point and roll around semi-randomly causing more destruction and eventually (but not necessarily) be destroyed by rockets from off map, or from player rockets. This tank is obviously not operational to players, but it more so an obstacle in the game.

Directly ripped from a level of multiplayer off of BF3, obviously be creative and I doubt there would be much of a problem. The strategy would change a bit depending on where the fight is. Dark cramped subway or bright open street.

Adding in destruction, the subway could collapse (give it pillars to be destroyed to trigger this) making the ceiling cave in which would enlarge the street section further. Accordingly, the buildings outside the map, either due to a random event or player rockets hitting the base (if they want to shoot them and projectiles can leave the immediate area of the battlegrounds), can fall turning the street area into Ground Zero (I do not mean to reference 9/11, but am only giving a name that makes sense, though this could very well be controversial for that reason) where there's a lot more cover, obstacles, among other things.

Players should totally be able to be killed by events if they are in the wrong place at the wrong time. However, I suggest making the events that can be player-triggered hard to do so, so that they cannot be triggered immediately after the beginning of the game but have to be something accidentally caused by active gameplay or by intentional but constant attempts by the players to cause them. In other words, the buildings/subway ceiling shouldn't fall within the first minute of the battle. 

(Marvel Avengers style) though I suggest making it cartoony and open rather than like a normal Destroyer that the Marvel guys use. Depends on the answer to my previous question.

The battleship could deteriorate as the battle wages on depending on damage to it. It could even be damaged so much that it falls out of the sky, ending the battle, even if the timer/score objective isn't completed yet. Obviously this should be difficult to cause. 

Parts of the ship could explode, thus altering the landscape of the battleground. Planes/helicopters could fly by and if a player shoots one down and it lands on the battleship, well, yeah. Lots of destruction.

Players should be able to fall off. Simply because the ship should be large enough that it is hard to do unintentionally. 

A very large forest with a mixture of open areas (fields with tall grass) and patches of trees (for climbing to snipe among other things) Add in a "in development" construction site on the edge of a larger city (that's directly adjacent to the forest). So the map would be 80% forest and 20% construction side on the edge of a city that is growing into the jungle.

As the game goes on, entire trees (there should be very large ones) can be blown up and fall over accordingly. Events, such as a napalm strike, can alter the terrain accordingly and should not always be in the same place. 

Weather effects in this case would be awesome. A large tropical storm (assuming you place it in such a biome) could hit mid-game and cause flooding of sorts for more events to alter the landscape. Again, not a 100% guaranteed event but relatively random.

Note that all the events I listed in the above level suggestions do not have to be mutually exclusive to the maps I listed them in. A tank could drive through the forest, or a napalm strike could hit the deck of the battleship. It is whatever you want it to be.

This would be so awesome. It would be a whole new take on the arena shooter genre, if that is the route this is going

VS

The graphics will be semi realistic, (Hopefully Cod/counterstrike level or above).

you will see the general feel of the game 1s i get some screen shots together.

A shopping mall would be pretty exciting, but I can only imagin it to be a tedious job to make it with a destructible enviroment. What I would really like see to would be an apartment complex, sorta like a project. This would be amazing with a destructible enviroment. 

Destruction is easy to do, A awesome thing with UDK i can set-up a Havok and a PhysX variation for destruction, infact i can make a map 100% destructible but it will be leggy as hell to play on