Aesthetic upgrades to my rig (updated with watercooling)

Mooru

Thanks man! It's my first case and while it isn't perfect, no case is and I do love it to bits. Waiting for my packet to arrive today. Can't wait to start working in it again :)

Oh what do u have arriving today? What else are you doing? The things I wish were different with the 650D is more placement for fans, wish there was support for a triple radiator in the roof, which there would have been if they didn't place that silly external hdd placement holder in the top, and another intake fan in the floor to help support positive air pressure, i feel the single 200mm in the front isn't enough of an intake, though as you said no case is perfect. The 900D kind of is though the thing wrong with it is the price lol

Oh what do u have arriving today? What else are you doing? The things I wish were different with the 650D is more placement for fans, wish there was support for a triple radiator in the roof, which there would have been if they didn't place that silly external hdd placement holder in the top, and another intake fan in the floor to help support positive air pressure, i feel the single 200mm in the front isn't enough of an intake, though as you said no case is perfect. The 900D kind of is though the thing wrong with it is the price lol

Yeah I agree, a triple radiator in the top would be awesome. Although I have used that HDD holder thing in the top, it is rather unnecessary. And true, a single 200mm intake isn't enough for positive air pressure. I bought demcifilters for the top and front of the case. So the top is an intake aswell now. It might not be perfect because heat goes up, but it sure keeps dust out and temps are still good so i'm happy with it.

And what I'm up to? My packet just arrived. I'll put a teasepicture up when I opened it. So excited!

Aww now its gettin good!  Props for sleaving you own cables, such a pain in the ass.

Thanks man. It is indeed getting good :)

Ok so things I learned while installing the watercooling equipement:

1 Short runs are a pain in the ***

2 Sleeving your tubing is annoying as ****

3 é"'(u&"'(pué"('uopé'"(

There were some pretty frustrating moments but it turned out ok. Not the loop I had planned but all is good in the world now. 

So here are the pictures

This is the pump top on which a reservoir will go

u60bSLL.jpg

My 240 XT rad

KBOFBl4.jpg

There's a clean waterblock now without the circles but I think that looks a bit too sterile if you understand what I mean

Iuykwm5.jpg

This was my original plan to do with the 45° angled fittings but had to change this because I received one that didn't rotate around the little part at the bottom.

DPaI75G.jpg

Waterblock installed

lilo4ZF.jpg

Reservoir installed

NGWk7hz.jpg

This run took me an hour and a half to get right. I just couldn't get the compression fittings to close. I was pretty stressed out because I had to apply a lot of force and was scared of leaks.

Z8kH66N.jpg

All runs done

xb0QNB7.jpg

And ready for leak testing

nci3wT7.jpg

I tried to jumpstart my powersupply but that didn't work. Anyone knows why?

I was impatient and just took the risk and filled it and turned it on with a lot of paper towels and no leaks so that is good. More pictures will follow later when it's up and running in its final form.

Thanks for viewing

Love the sleeved tubing! It looks very clean, can't wait for its final form

Welcome to my profile!
There's nothing much to see, but I have provided my birthday.
Hope you'll remember my Birthday xD

I really like the sleeved tubing,  I can already tell how clean this rig will be from the nice cable management and short straight-ish tubing runs.

I love your builds because your attention to detail is amazing from the sleeving to the angled fittings on your loop if I where to change one thing thougt the powersupply draws my eye because it dosent match the rest of the build so you could paint that or remove the sticker but I like your taste it is hard to beat a system full of ASUS and Corsair hardware

Love the sleeved tubing! It looks very clean, can't wait for its final form

I really like the sleeved tubing,  I can already tell how clean this rig will be from the nice cable management and short straight-ish tubing runs.

I love your builds because your attention to detail is amazing from the sleeving to the angled fittings on your loop if I where to change one thing thougt the powersupply draws my eye because it dosent match the rest of the build so you could paint that or remove the sticker but I like your taste it is hard to beat a system full of ASUS and Corsair hardware

Sleeved tubing. OMG OMG!

its looking beautiful cant wait to see it done! :D

Thanks all! I actually don't mind the look of the sticker on the PSU. It looks white on the pictures but it's actually chrome looking and I personally think it matches the heatpipes on the graphics card. But it's hard to argue about tastes :)

Ok so the loop is done and up and running. There's a little bit of white stuff floating in the reservoir though so I have to drain the loop again and clean the reservoir but fortunately that's not a very big deal.

The biggest problem I currently have is that I can't actually find a proper way to capture the way it looks in real life on picture. There's a red led on top of the reservoir and the camera just doesn't want to capture the glow of the led into the reservoir. If people want I can borrow my girlfriends proper nikon camera and try with that.

Anyways here's the final pictures of how it looks. I really enjoyed working on this. Can't wait to do my next loop which off course will take things a step further :)

I know! Still need to go get my black SLI bridge from a friend but it will be sorted :P

7iDrJYJ.jpg

This is a poor picture but it was the best one I could get. The lighting in my room just sucks balls.

2tqjgyC.jpg

Thanks for viewing and hope you enjoyed my work :)

My previous build was in a Corsair 650D. I was looking at the back and all the wiring. I remember that mess. I tried multiple times to clean up the back but I couldn't get mine to look any better than yours. It is a nice case though. I liked it. Plenty of ways to mod it if you felt like cutting it up. Here's what mine looked like

attachicon.gifDSCN0361.JPG

I built a pedestal to house a radiator under the case for more cooling. Anyway, that's all gone now and the case is going to be sold. I just wanted to say I like your build and share a bit with you.

Thats actually pretty darn clean

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Awesome build man. Check out my build log from two weeks ago. We have almost identical watercooling parts, and same case. Lol our loops are very similar :) I like it!! :D

i5 3570k - MSI Z77 GD65 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - Galaxy GTX 780 - Corsair AX650 - Custom CPU Loop - Corsair 650D - OCZ Agility 4 128GB - WD Black 640GB

Very elegant

Thanks man, took a bit of effort. I straightend up the reservoir aswell because it was bending a little too much as you can see on the picture.

Awesome build man. Check out my build log from two weeks ago. We have almost identical watercooling parts, and same case. Lol our loops are very similar :) I like it!! :D

I'll have a look. My original idea was to watercool my 2 660 ti's aswell. But as they're only 660 ti's I changed my mind and in a year or 2 I'll get some higher end cards that are actually worth the extra cost of an expensiv waterblock.

And for the people who care, I'm actually gonna try to sleeve the sli bridge and see what it looks like :P

Looks awesome man nice job!

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

I hate be quiet for making blue connecters. Everything they make is so sexy except that

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Looks awesome man nice job!

Thanks!

I hate be quiet for making blue connecters. Everything they make is so sexy except that

I share the hate with deep passion! It's a shame, the shop I ordered my watercooling parts at didn't have any lose 6 pin connectors. Bit of shame. Dying them is still on the table

Good job on the build! Looks very nice  :)!

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558