Aesthetic upgrades to my rig (updated with watercooling)

Mooru

Updates: check page 2 for watercooling pics

Hello everyone,

I'm doing a few esthetic upgrades to my rig and wanted to share. This is the first rig I ever built about a year ago.

Raw specs:

MB: Asus Sabertooth Z77

CPU: 3770k @ 4.3 GHz

GPU: ASUS Direct CUII GTX 660 ti SLI

Cooler: H60

RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance (1600 MHz 9-9-9-24 if I recall correctly)

PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 750 Watt

The first thing I wanted to do was sleeve my PSU properly instead of the crappy standard sleeving. I didn't do everything but I did do the main visible cables: 24 pin, CPU 8 pin and all 6 pin connectors.

I'll watercool later on and probably update the thread.

This is how my rig started out:

wlyq3EO.jpg

jLsFfGC.jpg

And this is the package I received from MDPC

B3U8nD8.jpg

qLJjtZf.jpg

The 24 pin connector had a few double cables so I fixed those by cutting them and soldering a few pieces together

VG9FcSP.jpg

And applying lots of heatshrink

DgOmmGK.jpg

gGaCJNf.jpg

And this is the finished result

3kxFtdC.jpg

nPNl4OC.jpg

Thanks for watching, I have more pictures if people would like to see a few more

Hope you enjoyed

Nice work, I would probably paint or do something to that SLI bridge, It looks absolutely terrible ! But the rest of the build is great, :)

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Thats nice! ;) more pics wanted! :D

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Sleeve your SLI bridge!

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Lookin' great!

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

I love sleeved cables so much. And what case is that?

Looks like a Corsair 650D

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

Nice work, I would probably paint or do something to that SLI bridge, It looks absolutely terrible ! But the rest of the build is great, :)

Sleeve your SLI bridge!

Thanks! And yeah The SLI-bridge is annoying the crap out of me, but I'm trading it for a black PCB from a friend of mine, who doesn't care. That will solve the problem :p

Aesthetics my friend, aesthetics. Awesome looking build though.

Awch painful, thanks for pointing that out. (In my defense English isn't my mothertongue) And thank you.

Lookin' great!

Thanks!

I love sleeved cables so much. And what case is that?

Looks like a Corsair 650D

And it is indeed a Corsair 650d.

I'll have a look at other pictures I made during the process and upload a few more later on.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Thanks! And yeah The SLI-bridge is annoying the crap out of me, but I'm trading it for a black PCB from a friend of mine, who doesn't care. That will solve the problem :P

Sleeve that too! just for the hell of it

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Nice improvement. My only criticism is why didn't you also change the 6pin ends to black instead of keeping the blue?

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater

Damn nice build and the custom cables look nice

Thank you!

I have arranged for a black SLI bridge. It's one of the high priorities on my to do list.

Nice improvement. My only criticism is why didn't you also change the 6pin ends to black instead of keeping the blue?

I have noticed that aswell. Honestly when I started the sleeving job I did not think of it or notice that they were actually blue. But now that it looks a lot cleaner, the little mistakes pop out much more such as the SLI bridge and the blue connectors. So yeah I'll change them when I have to place another large order for components. But until then, it's not worth the shipping cost.

blue connectors. So yeah I'll change them when I have to place another large order for components. But until then, it's not worth the shipping cost.

For the blue connectors, have you considered dying them? I've used RIT dye on hard plastics before (lacrosse heads) and it works great. Costs about 3-5 bucks for a packet. 

My Build

Corsair Obsidian 350d // I7-4770k  // Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H  // MSI Gaming N760 TF 2GD5 GeForce GTX 760 // Corsair Vengance (2x8GB) 16GB // Cooler Master Seidon 240m (push-pull) // Corsair SP120 (x2) //1TB WD Blue // 120GB Samsung 840 SSD // Corsair CX600M // Win 8 - Ubuntu - OSX (on the way)

Nice build man! I've got the same case. Cable management is so easy to do in the 650D because of all the grommets 

For the blue connectors, have you considered dying them? I've used RIT dye on hard plastics before (lacrosse heads) and it works great. Costs about 3-5 bucks for a packet. 

I actually haven't considered that, I'll look into it. Sounds interesting and cheap atleast!

Nice build man! I've got the same case. Cable management is so easy to do in the 650D because of all the grommets 

It is a breeze to work in that case. Although It was a bit tight in the bottom for me, but that's because of all the hard drives.

And here are a few more pictures:

Glory shot of the fan in the back

92H1fMl.jpg

And glory shots of the graphics card. I do like the looks of that ASUS cooler and PCB

S5sly6J.jpg

yOEivve.jpg

24-pin right after finishing it. I did redo that left heatshrink. It was way too short for my OCD :P

kNZDJLo.jpg

Cables mess in the back before cleaning it up

gEHgryX.jpg

Cable mess cleaned up to the best of my abilites, didn't use too many zip ties just yet because I still plan on messing around with it. I know there's room for improvement here :P

8E4ozhi.jpg

The theme of my build was black and red and the white power and hdd led in the case bothered me a little so I decided to change this aswell (sorry low quality pics, had to use my phone for these)

The result

zbdv4Qd.jpg

And the work in progress

0yGKYWR.jpg

0ZKb8Ad.jpg

xvkcvG8.jpg

Add a bit of heatshrink around the solder and that's how it looks.

FwJ4FzM.jpg

And this is the whole setup all together with the Corsair K70. Damn that keyboard is gorgeous

kZCkK5T.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

How do you like your shark fans? I have heard theyre pretty loud...

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

That looks really beautiful, I love the sleeving.

My previous build was in a Corsair 650D. I was looking at the back and all the wiring. I remember that mess. I tried multiple times to clean up the back but I couldn't get mine to look any better than yours. It is a nice case though. I liked it. Plenty of ways to mod it if you felt like cutting it up. Here's what mine looked like

post-35474-0-10084900-1375921166.jpg

I built a pedestal to house a radiator under the case for more cooling. Anyway, that's all gone now and the case is going to be sold. I just wanted to say I like your build and share a bit with you.

How do you like your shark fans? I have heard theyre pretty loud...

It's not very good tbh. As a radiator fan it's even worse. But at idle it's pretty quiet. When I'm gaming it does get pretty loud, but I don't hear it 'cause I wear headphone. But I do regret it a little. I should've bought Noiseblockers or bitfeniks spectre pros or something. Atleast they look beast.

That looks really beautiful, I love the sleeving.

Thank you!

My previous build was in a Corsair 650D. I was looking at the back and all the wiring. I remember that mess. I tried multiple times to clean up the back but I couldn't get mine to look any better than yours. It is a nice case though. I liked it. Plenty of ways to mod it if you felt like cutting it up. Here's what mine looked like

I built a pedestal to house a radiator under the case for more cooling. Anyway, that's all gone now and the case is going to be sold. I just wanted to say I like your build and share a bit with you.

I really like that! Fair enough, the colour scheme is not my thing but the rest is gorgeous, actually the first time I've seen a build make clever use of those holes at the back for tubing. I always thought they were pretty pointless. But in that build it looks really clean and balanced. I'm gonna watercool the cpu properly soon. So I'll share more pictures when that is done. I won't do the GPU's though. They're just 660 ti's. And I don't personally think they're worth the 120 dollar cost for a gpu block and backplate + the extra fittings. When I get something more high end in the future, I'll watercool those too. Thanks for sharing, that, was a nice inspiration for me :)

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic work friend, your cables look great! The 650D sure is a great case to work with.

Fantastic work friend, your cables look great! The 650D sure is a great case to work with.

Thanks man! It's my first case and while it isn't perfect, no case is and I do love it to bits. Waiting for my packet to arrive today. Can't wait to start working in it again :)