AETOS by Maki Role - Finished!- Update 29/07/16

Maki Role

donate to your lord and savior soaringchicken plz b0ss

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Man, this thing is absolutely gorgeous. I have no idea how people get sponsored to do builds like these, but i am glad the creative ones get to do them. As a serious ITX fanboy, i cannot wait to see where you take this thing. It's a shame the stinger didn't go with a normal M.2 slot on the back of the board like the other Z170 ITX boards, would have loved to see that on there.

Thank you for the kind words! The basic premise for gaining sponsorship is getting your name out there and getting to know as many relevant people as possible really. Sadly there's always an element of "Who you know, not what you know", but thankfully it's fairly simple to get on the ladder. Competitions are a great example as you often get to know the organisers, successful entries will also do a lot for your portfolio. Over time people will automatically take an interest if your work's good. Some people get massive legs up along the way, for others it takes a while, but if you just keep at it good things can happen.

Yeah the crappy m.2 port on the Stinger is really annoying, it would have been so much better with one on the back like you mentioned.

The card looks huge next to the case parts. Then you remember just how small the card is.

That third piece of the case without holes confuses me. I dont know if its just the angle but my mind cant put it in place. I know it goes on the front for the foot.

I must admit when I place the card next to the case I start to get worried, it's going to be a seriously tight job getting everything in neatly. Really not looking forward to the PSU cabling that's for sure.

donate to your lord and savior soaringchicken plz b0ss

Sure... I'll add it to the list

Those renders...

That case looks amazing.. They need to be mass produced

Only issue with a mass produced one is that it would likely have to be bigger so as to be more accommodating. As it stands you'd have to use all custom cabling along with a very rigid set of components to fit it all in, heck I'm still worried I'm going to manage it even with those things. Thanks though!

aXljaL.jpg

UPDATE!

Aye and a big one at that.

So yesterday I spent the best part of a day over at Parvum Systems helping out (well, I think I helped?) with the cutting of the midplates for Aetos. The plan was to have them machined from 10mm acetal, which all worked out rather well in the end. There were loads of pains trying to get the files to load up properly, but we managed to work through everything eventually. Massive shout out to Justin and Shaun for making this possible, seems once again Parvum Systems rescues a project! I also managed to get back just in time (with a whole 6 minutes to spare...) for a short interview on AMD's livestream in the evening.

If you're interested in hearing a little about how I got into modding as well as bit more about the build, check the recording below:

www.twitch.tv/amd/v/14245742?t=31m55s

TwkUiM.jpg

aV5Wk4.jpg

ZaBGza.jpg

6m3fvP.jpg

1TiMEb.jpg

Fits like a glove

Eq6iRx.jpg

Placed the printed shell on top, seems to fit right too!

40ScyW.jpg

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

Noice

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Caught in a landslide.

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

aXljaL.jpg

Small update today. I ordered some special, orange anodized screws for this build last week, which arrived on Saturday. I figured they'd be a nice way of injecting a little bit of colour to the frame without going overboard, plus they fit nicely with the theme.

The two halves are now tapped and fitted together, I also installed the mounting magnets into their cutouts.

iPE8z1.jpg

gqxWbF.jpg

9QzV7x.jpg

qaH7Zw.jpg

ekFFAZ.jpg

Nice, subbing

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

• 3 weeks later...

So the mobo goes on the opposite side behind the gpu right?

Check out my YouTube channel here and don't forget to subscribe :D

Current build: Project Athena

Wow.. Looking good so far!

Cheers!

Nice, subbing

Welcome aboard :)

I need updates!! The anticipation is killing me!!

Aye, waiting on parts unfortunately, sepcifically the damn motherboard. The order was placed a months ne a half ago, yet for some reason Scan didn't honour it when the mobo came back in stock. It's since gone out of stock again... At this point I wish I could just switch to a different board, however the UK ITX scene is shite for Z170 atm. There's also the issue that I've built this case around the mobo now. Whilst I've made it possible to upgrade it, the layout would mean it won't look quite as good, which is a deal breaker for this project.

Another super impressive build from this community.  Y'all are incredible!

Thanks!

So the mobo goes on the opposite side behind the gpu right?

Yup, well, the GPU sits behind the motherboard (essentially the same thing though).

why didn't I already know of this?

let me grab a seat and join for the ride.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Aye, waiting on parts unfortunately, sepcifically the damn motherboard. The order was placed a months ne a half ago, yet for some reason Scan didn't honour it when the mobo came back in stock. It's since gone out of stock again... At this point I wish I could just switch to a different board, however the UK ITX scene is shite for Z170 atm. There's also the issue that I've built this case around the mobo now. Whilst I've made it possible to upgrade it, the layout would mean it won't look quite as good, which is a deal breaker for this project.

Yeah... Not really  :lol: 

You could also order from Germany. Shipping cost should be a little higher tho. I guess 15-20€ with DHL.

Edit: Okay, I just saw we don't have them in stock currently in Germany. Well that sucks ._.''

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-049-EA&campaign=pcm/skinflint-couk&campaign=pcm/skinflint-couk

http://www.cclonline.com/product/187739/111-SS-E172-KR/Motherboards/EVGA-Z170-Stinger-Socket-1151-ITX-Motherboard/MBD1716/

why didn't I already know of this?

let me grab a seat and join for the ride.

Got in just in time too! 

Yeah... Not really  :lol: 

You could also order from Germany. Shipping cost should be a little higher tho. I guess 15-20€ with DHL.

Edit: Okay, I just saw we don't have them in stock currently in Germany. Well that sucks ._.''

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-049-EA&campaign=pcm/skinflint-couk&campaign=pcm/skinflint-couk

http://www.cclonline.com/product/187739/111-SS-E172-KR/Motherboards/EVGA-Z170-Stinger-Socket-1151-ITX-Motherboard/MBD1716/

Yeah the other issue was that AMD themselves were ordering the parts, meaning it was much easier for them to use a single retailer, Scan fitted the bill quite nicely as Overclockers was for some reason having issues with their PO.

aXljaL.jpg

What's that? Do I hear an update??

Well that'll teach me for complaining about parts not arriving. Not 30 minutes after I replied above did this care package arrive at my dorrstep

Finally the hardware has arrived!!!! Well, most of it anyway. Scan certainly took their time with this one, I was beginning to worry that the motherboard would go out of stock again before it was sent. This is very big news as it means I can once again progress with the build. I didn't want to go any further until the hardware got here in case I needed to make any alterations.

Quite a colourful bunch really

iNB77w.jpg

The Z170 Stinger is finally here. It's by no means a fancy board when it comes to features (no proper M.2 port seems criminal) but at least it does look very nice.

6qm8h1.jpg

With the IO shield installed

dUU5Tu.jpg

ZNTCx6.jpg

th8Ugj.jpg

Dominator Platinums, we've all seen these before. Best bit is these won't even be used, they're the wrong ones rofl. I need the low profile versions for this build, apparently my parts list edit didn't make it through. So whilst I wait for the proper ones, I'll rough it with these (they won't fit in the case).

A6DzMA.jpg

This drive is really cool, but completely pointless for this build as there's no slot. I originally misread the spec sheet for the mobo, in the same way the plats weren't cancelled, neither was this. I'll use it in a future build.

d1lEsQ.jpg

Does look fancy though

yeXFgE.jpg

2TB of SSD? Sure, why not?

DHvfE0.jpg

Teeny weeny power supply, looking forward to seeing how this performs

EB2cRx.jpg

One of the best bits about Noctua products is clearly the packaging. I mean just look at it, it's beautiful, shame the fan is vomit coloured though. I'll have to do something about that...

MQVz6R.jpg

C1QtbQ.jpg

So pretty

oT7YrW.jpg

Pics sooo nice, want whatever camera setup you have

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Sexy af...

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Looks good! Keep it coming

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

1: Design new fan blades

2: mill out of pom in 5 axis cnc

3: ????

4: WIN

Pics sooo nice, want whatever camera setup you have

It's actually fairly simple. Just a grey backdrop with a couple lights, one aimed at the ceiling, the other at the wall to the left (the surfaces act like giant diffusers). The camera equipment itself is a bit fancier mind, using a Nikon D750 and a Tamron F2.8 24-70mm VC USD lens.

Looks good! Keep it coming

Will do, Boss.

1: Design new fan blades

2: mill out of pom in 5 axis cnc

3: ????

4: WIN

Man I hate modelling fans so much. Inventor's loft system is so unintuitive and clunky, plus it breaks all the time without giving you a good reason why. Still, the things I would do with a 5-Axis CNC... Should start buying Euromillions tickets rofl.