5 fans, 4 headers...

Go to solution Solved by Master Disaster,

Just to clarify, the H100i has 4 PWM fan headers on the block, the fans for the unit plug into the block and not your MoBo. You then have a single 3 pin connector which connects from the block to your CPU fan header so your board knows you've got a CPU fan connected. I believe you also have a USB header connection to allow Corsair Link to read and control the fans.

I just ordered the M5A97 AM3+ motherboard, but also purchased it with the h100i and Obsidian 450d. The obsidian comes with 3 fans, and the h100i comes with 2, totaling to 5 fans. The issue is, my motherboard only supports 4 :/

Will I be able to use something like this on my two 140mm intakes or h100i fans?

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

I just ordered the M5A97 AM3+ motherboard, but also purchased it with the h100i and Obsidian 450d. The obsidian comes with 3 fans, and the h100i comes with 2, totaling to 5 fans. The issue is, my motherboard only supports 4 :/

Will I be able to use something like this on my two 140mm intakes or h100i fans?

Yes a fan splitter would work perfectly.

Yes, you will be able to. AFAIK the H100i itself has 4 extra headers.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

The h100i comes with fan splitters.

• OS: Windows 10/10 Pro  • SSD: Samsung 256GB 850 Evo Series *  • HDD: Seagate 1TB  • GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X (SLI)
• CPU: i7-4790K OC 4.7GHz Quad-Core Processor • Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W
• RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory • Mobo: MSI Gaming 5

Yes a fan splitter would work perfectly.

Do you suggest using it for the h100i, or the two 140mm intakes?

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

The h100i comes with fan splitters.

I already ordered it lol

$5 product that I can use in the future I guess

Do you suggest using it for the h100i, or the two 140mm intakes?

You could use the H100i fan connection points and control them via corsair link to set temperature based fan curves, and ave the rest of the case fans on the motherboard's software or BIOS control.

If you want to split off the Corsair link to have more fan point I guess you could but I'd probably not want to exceed 4 on that unit as a whole.

The i part of the H100i is the smart fan control. You have 6 headers total.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Just to clarify, the H100i has 4 PWM fan headers on the block, the fans for the unit plug into the block and not your MoBo. You then have a single 3 pin connector which connects from the block to your CPU fan header so your board knows you've got a CPU fan connected. I believe you also have a USB header connection to allow Corsair Link to read and control the fans.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I actually did not know that. Thanks, that explains my question.