Share Your new Office meetup / Linus /LMG crew meet Experience in detail here

Post Your meetup experience with the crew , How was the event & time you arrived, basically don't care if it's a really long post or short post , post your narrative as close to your heart as you experienced the event , Post pictures if possible

Narrative should include : but feel free to write your own narrative

1: Traveling to the destination (How many others were with you)

2: Time you reached

3: About People in general that were there for the meetup , one's you became friends with (both forum & other members)

4: Overall feel / Vibe / Weather

5: What you were expecting & what you found surprising that you didn't expect

6: experience meeting Linus in flesh / didn't get to meet him

7: Meeting other crew members / Office tour

8: How's the new office actually :P

Details separate people.

Post Your meetup experience with the crew , How was the event & time you arrived, basically don't care if it's a really long post or short post , post your narrative as close to your heart as you experienced the event , Post pictures if possible

Narrative should include : but feel free to write your own narrative

Holy fuck... A bus route... Its so dumb. Its a 45 minute bus.

Eh? I got there at 11:58

3: About People in general that were there for the meetup , one's you became friends with (both forum & other members)

None, I did talk to someone who bought a 960 at frys

It's great, okay ish? Busy. Hot, standing in the sun for 1.5 hours is not fun.

Not sure what I was expecting....

I've got to talk to Linus and got him to sign my SSD

Met Luke, Berkel, Ed, Brandon, Taran, Jon (Huge shout out to jon, best guy ever.) and dennis, fist bump in the kitchen; bro.

Its nice. And cluttered... And un finished.

One other was with me, and we met up at Waterfront in downtown, took the expo line to Surrey city centre before getting pizza and some drinks, then took the 320 till 188 ave, and walked the rest of the way.

We left Waterfront at 9:45 and got there at 12:10

People were nice, I met quite a few people, some from even east US, could talk to them while waiting in line and was easy to keep a spot if you've been waiting like 30 minutes

The vibe was great, people were easy to talk to and friendly, overall feel was great and welcoming, now the weather, it was hot and sunny. thankfully there was water. stood in the sun for about 7 hours.

I didn't expect that many people to show up, I thought there would be quite a few like 100-200 but there a lot more then that

I met him, took a picture got him to sign the back of my oneplus one :D They were awesome to hang around, most like linus' wife were busy doing the garage sale but linus was out and about with the crowd a few times.

Office tour was great, got the tour right after WAN show (Just missed the last tour before wan show) and the wan show was great, Their whole team just shouted "WE'RE CANADIAN" by how friendly they were. Luke dispite the crowd didn't rush the tours which he felt was no really right and I completely agreed with him.

It's great, a lot bigger then I expected actually there is a lot of room for them to move around and even grow which is great, the new scenes are going to be exciting.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Got off work after a 10 hour shift at 9am,

Drove 4 hours to Surrey during the time I'd normally be very very asleep,

Got pictures of Linus and a picture with Luke plus the tour, asked a question on WAN show

Just arrived back home after the 4 hour drive back, awake for 30 hours or so now.

Time for sleep... so much sleep. Worth it though, they're an incredible group of people who work their butts off to get stuff done and I'm glad to have met them. Hope I can do it again in the future.

1) Just me.  

2) Arrived at 11:50am

3) Met several people that were great and spent fair bit of the day talking to.

4) Was hot just standing outside but got a nice tan out of it.  Would have loved for more spots to sit in the shade but no complaints really.

5) Was expecting way less people and for the whole thing to be a bit more casual.  It was actually surprisingly well organized given the shear number of people.  The lines were on the slow side but can't fault them much for that.  There were hundreds of people in a parking lot.

6) I've met Linus several times before, caught me kind off guard though at the end of the day after the WAN show going on tour of the office and Linus came in, recognized me, and then remembered my name.  Very impressive since it's been quite a while.  I'm terrible with names.

7) Met the older portion of the crew in the past but it was nice seeing them a bit more casual.  Just a great bunch of guys that love what they do.

8) New office is just awesome.  Bigger than I was expecting but not too insane, it gives them a bit of room to grow and experiment. Looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

Linus Con August 21st 2016 heheheheh

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

Came from Victoria! If I'm being honest we came for Playland but the garage sale was a close second! I was with my gf and two others.

Got in line about 12:05 and left from North van about 11:15 so I think we made good time.

Everyone was friendly! A lot of young people there with parents money and I'm guessing the other tenants weren't given a heads up as a lot of traffic was getting blocked by the mass of people out front.

Glad I got there when I did, standing in the heat any longer would have been tortue and the gf was getting a bit cranky by the end of it. Done by 130 I think. Laidback atmosphere and I had a good time.

I was expecting a normal garage sale format -- walk around and be able to look at things, inspect them, haggle prices etc. I get why it was setup the way it was but cordoning off an area and only letting in 5 people in at a time with a time limit would have been another option IMO.

We were pressed for time so unfortunately we did not stay for a tour, only saw him from afar.

Again, didn't stay for a tour but a lot of the crew was up and down the line passing out drinks, filming, and giving away stupidly large Intel buttons for some reason...

8: How's the new office actually

Looks good from the outside! 

I'm getting 503 server errors on my picture uploads so here are some Imgur links instead =) 

kNjU7Hd.jpgF6KWP4r.jpggLllRJH.jpg

1) Came from Downtow, took 2 hours using buses and the sky train.

2) Got there at like 12:15

3) Most people were very friendly, some annoying kids but in general very cool people.

4) the queues were fucking huge as soon as I arrived but the vibe was awesome. The lmg members were very friendly and most of them popped out of the office and talked with everyone (big shoutout to Jon, very friendly guy and interacted with people throughout the whole day!)

5) The amount of people matched what I expected and I was surprised that it was decently organised, the food waa great and staff came out for pictures and autographs but I think they could have organised the garage sale differently with a quicker system.

6) Felt very surreal to see all of LMG in real life but it was very cool meeting them all there wasn't too much time to talk to any of the them much since they were swamped with people queuing for photos and signatures especially Linus as you'd expect. I managed to get a mouse mat signed by all of LMG bar Linus' wife.

7) They were all very friendly. I think Jon and Luke where the friendliest and Dennis was funny =).

I left before the wan show started and never got to do a tour but oh well.

post-35094-0-58701900-1440234950_thumb.j

Every 60 seconds in Africa...

A minute passes.

1. Drove from Vancouver, wasn't bad.

2. ~2:30. The lines were huge by then

3. Generally awesome people. A friend showed up (unintentionally) so we hung out since we both came alone

4. It was really hot and sunny (in fact my face is burned lol #vancouver), but luckily there were usually enough people to create some nice shade.

5. I was not expecting that many people. At all. Seems like Linus thought the same thing

6. He is absolutely amazing, somehow even more fantastic than in my dreams. I got a pic with him and he signed my phone

7. Got autographs from Nick Light, Brandon, Luke, and Linus (ofc). They're all pretty great and I got the tour with Luke and he told some niiice stories ;)

8. The office is pretty impressive. Lots of cool areas and great sets

Edit: Linus why are you stalking us ;-; #LinusStalkerTips

Assuming the top most one is Linus's sign , can you please tell who's signatures are those as you come down?

Details separate people.

Assuming the top most one is Linus's sign , can you please tell who's signatures are those as you come down?

You're wrong I had a big space left so I got luke to do a massive one ad he was the last person to sign it. I'll label them all now I'll reply in 20mins or so!

A minute passes.

OK drew this up quickly on my phone. The only two in not sure of is Dennis or Nick L they me be flipped but I think I'm correct.

A minute passes.

OK drew this up quickly on my phone. The only two in not sure of is Dennis or Nick L they me be flipped but I think I'm correct.

post-35094-0-41149300-1440300288_thumb.j

post-35094-0-06952700-1440300629_thumb.j

post-35094-0-41149300-1440300288_thumb.j

post-35094-0-06952700-1440300629_thumb.j

A minute passes.

I went with 2 of my friends and we arrived at 12

I was surprised by the age group, like damn some of those kids are young

It was really busy and the weather was hot, the live unboxing was cool but it wasn't the LG box :(

TBH i was expecting stuff that were cheaper, brought 300 dollars but didn't get anything, the line was super long too, i was surprised at the amount of people that went 

Brandon was SUPER NICE, he asked for my name and we talk for a bit and i was speaking chinese to dennis, the rest of the crew i didn't get to talk to as much because they were doing other stuff

The office is super nice, the amount of hardware that was there was crazy and i saw the widescreen LG curved monitor i always wanted and damn it was nice 

Luke and ed didn't sign my keyboard cover :( but it was great meeting the youtuber that got me into tech and it was a lot of fun as well :)

post-53218-0-13614900-1440302574_thumb.j

Ahhh, I'm so jealous of all of you :D Very happy for you all as well, haha. Linus and/or Luke or any LMG employee- if you go to PAX East next year, it is my determination to meet you all and get some signatures! :P

Looks like I will have to go to CES to meet the crew vagas is closer than Canada. I dont need passports for vegas.

1. Took about 30 min via car. So compared to everyone else it was good. Traffic was a pain, and I seemed to get stuck behind every truck possible

2. 11:45, just before the massive line formed

3. This I felt was the best part. The first 5 seconds I was there, I ran into someone and we just chatted. Then later on when I went to go buy something I was 10$ short, so the person behind gave me 10$ Awesome guy :). (Only downside, I ended getting a H110, which had everything except for the Intel back plate which I found out today ._.)

4. The vibe was good, Everyone was pretty much awesome, (except for those two kids who kept jumping up the line)

5. I thought there would be less people, so I spent alot more time waiting in a line then I thought I would, pretty burnt right now.

6. Never actually got to meet Linus in person, but I met pretty much everyone else

7. Well, Linus was going to give my group a tour, but then he went to go do the unboxing for the LG stuff. Five minutes later Luke comes back, and is like "I should be able to give you guys a tour let me check". Another five minutes later he comes back "Well two of the server's ups's just failed, so I cant really do the tour now". Then Taran comes out, and gave us a tour, and pretty much winged the entire thing. Still was a good tour.

Myself and my girlfriend.

11:35am

linus & friends

very hot outside, happy people and friendly all round.

Didn't expect that many people. Did expect Taran to be Taran.

didn't expect to get this awesome keyboard. (WASD Cherry clear. from keycap replacement guide)

He was very nice.

all of the crew members were really nice.

8: How's the new office actually  :P

very nice

four people (family, not fans just came to bring me)

a few minutes before 12

I didn't meet anyone I recognized from the forum, but everyone was extremely friendly, and I had actually a lot of people compliment my blue and white 980. 

It was pretty hectic, but I would attribute that to the sheer amount of people.

Really the huge quantity of people was the most surprising thing, and office seems larger on camera. 

Meeting Linus was interesting. Taran was taping the tour I went on, so I should be in a few of the videos. :D Linus didn't make as many innuendos as I was expecting. (I had to nudge him into a few.) I would think that's because he has some small amount of tact in front of a group of people he doesn't know. Overall, a pretty cool guy and not as short as he may lead you to believe, although I'm not the tallest person either.

This was the best part. Every person working for Linus is amazing. Taran is a nice guy, Dennis is pretty cool. Somehow Dennis has the most complicated signature in the entire world. :) Both Nicks and Brandon were nice, although I just saw them passingly when the signed my graphics card. Jon was nice. I didn't talk to Colton really, but he seemed personable. I liked Edzel, even though he wrote #Dickbutt on my graphics card. :D Berkel came in during the office tour and told Taran that the semen thing he ordered came in, so that was pretty funny. But finally, we get to @Slick. I only got a chance to talk to him for a minute when he was signing my blue and white painted 980, but he was my favourite person I met. I'm not a talkative person, but Luke seems like the kind of guy I would like to just sit down and talk to for hours. Honestly, on camera I prefer Linus because he's a bigger personality and he goes for all the dirty jokes, but in real life I choose Luke evri tiem. Basically, Luke is just really freakin' awesome.

The new office is smaller than it seems in videos. That being said, it seems to be big enough for everything you guys are doing right now. I think it's an awesome working environment in no small part due to Linus and all of the amazeballs people he employs.

9. How do you feel overall?

Overall, I think it was a pretty cool experience. And by cool, I mean really hot and sunny. It wasn't really a very intimate thing (other than the office tour) but that is really basically impossible to achieve with so many hundreds of people there. I was impressed by how friendly everyone is. (fans and employees) It was a little strange meeting someone in person who you have looked at for hundreds of hours on video, but never actually met. Really, what I'm trying to say is: Thanks to everyone who made the meetup happen, and who continue to make Linus Media Group and LTT a thing. Also, thanks for the free donuts. :) I had a great time! :D

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

Appreciate you for taking your time with this, now we know who's signatures are on those items they autographed , Thanks again :)

Details separate people.

1: I traveled from Maple Ridge, took two buses and biked the rest.

2: Took me an hour and a half.

3: Met some guy who came from Seattle which was pretty cool. Also one of my high school friends at the event which I didn't expect at all.

4: All I have to say about the vibe and weather was they were pretty damn lucky with our bi-polar weather. Super great vibe, everyone from the technology community are generally generous, mature and intelligent. The internet just makes it possible for the idiots to shine.

5: Due to the fact that I watched all of the moving vlogs, I knew what to expect. I think a lot of people were expecting NCIX warehouse deals, were disappointed that it wasn't that low, but bought shit anyway because they brought butt loads of cash.

6: Linus was awesome, his personality and humor is something I idolize. I was in the third tour group and he was very down to earth about his business and enjoyed sharing details of how his business evolved from nothing to one of the biggest youtube channels in Canada. Apart from Linus I got to sort of meet his wife since I bought a motherboard for my friend whose died and was out of warranty (I was feeling generous) she was nice. I briefly said hello to Berkel and Dennis, got to talk with Jon, and didn't really get to talk to the others since they weren't in sight too much and were really swamped with the warehouse sales and filming. 

7: Like I said, I got to be in the third tour group. Linus took us into the entry way where he died in agony because he just realized someone touched the freshly painted grey wall. Down the hall he showed us where he'd keep Harry Potter, and his sanity closet. He then explained how handy his new furniture was for the bench marking room, and how horribly long it takes to find specific products that do what you want them to do. (I feel your pain linus, 3 hours is a long time but no where near the amount of time I spend looking for the perfect BACKPACK. Still haven't found one.) After that he showed us the editing room, which looked a lot bigger than it did on the instagram photo. He ranted about how he finally was able to use the full potential of the Titan X with cineform (apparently a gopro codec) within the video editing program which I was blown away about. After that he led us out into the warehouse and talked about the WAN show set and workshop. Then to the green screen where he rambled about the paint that was going on it, the curve, etc. One thing that bothered me the most about all their videos when they used a green screen was the greenish hue around the individual. Linus asked everyone what makes a good chroma key, someone said a flat green background, and then I said distance. There is another KEY thing about chroma keying, and it doesn't seem like the video editors or camera operators know. Shutter speed, increasing it decreases motion blur. LINUS, YOU DO NOT WANT MOTION BLUR WHEN GREEN SCREENING. When you make rapid hand movements, sometimes it looks like you have 3 fingers as the chroma key doesn't know what to do with the blurred greenish hued hand. So there's my rant about my one gripe about their videos... After that we got to see another huge modular set for random shit, and then he moved onto another set which was just being painted white at the time. It was going to be for B-roll, and Brandon ordered a camera arm that will end up taking some really nice shots of products. We went through the warehouse some more, and Linus ranted about a metal reinforced func keyboard and blamed Brandon for it within the moral of the story. Then he showed us his massive.... 1 million subscribers plaque. He ranted on how big it was and didn't know where youtube expected him to put it. I said on the wall, and he basically called me a "smart guy" but I knew he meant smart ass, but there was a camera rolling... lol. Linus showed us the server room. I just kinda stood there and soaked it all in, because the router alone was $40,000 (they couldn't buy it outright). ISN'T IT AMAZING HOW MUCH YOU HAVE TO PAY IN CANADA FOR ANY UPLOAD SPEED FASTER THAN 3 MBPS?!?! We went upstairs, showed off the janky green screen, and then showed us the sales team desks and talked about how important they were to the team. Then off camera Linus talked about his business and how many people never understood how much time, effort, and money goes into each and every video. It really inspires me as a film maker and technology lover. After that, he showed off his secret compartments if you know what I mean... in the board room of course. No no, I mean the secret storage where the bench was gonna go. After that, we walked down the stairs where we did in fact not see a fire pole, but we saw hand railings which was safer than before. Then we were escorted outside, and took a selfie with Linus.

8.) Here's my selfie with Linus. Socks and sandals as usual.

14ual36.jpg

Appreciate you for taking your time with this, now we know who's signatures are on those items they autographed , Thanks again :)

No problem! I saw another post saying that Dennis signature was very complex so that's definitely his signature lol. Did you go to the meet up?  Id love to hear your experience! 

A minute passes.

Did you go to the meet up?  Id love to hear your experience! 

Yeah, about that..  :'(  :'( :'(

No i didn't , Maybe next time

Details separate people.

Just myself, asked some of my friends but none were able to come.

12:30 

Everyone at the event was very friendly and I found a few people that I hung out with. The crew was amazing :)

Somewhat disorganized but I expected that :P. Especially given how many people came. It was quite hot out and I got sun burnt - oh well. 

The amount of people really surprised me, I wasn't expecting so many people. 

Linus was awesome and he hosted my office tour. 

They were all great, really nice people and I saw Brandon giving someone camera advice which was cool. I didn't get to meet Luke unfortunately because I was tight for time and had to leave just before the LG un-boxing.

Awesome! Seemed bigger than I imagined.

Unfortunately, the one picture I got with Linus didn't turn out well ... bummer. 

Overall it was a great event and I hope they do another because I'll definitely go. 

Damn, how many people visited the new office :D

My Setups:

• CASE: » CoolerMaster C700M » •  MB:     » ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME »»» LGA 2066 •  CPU:    » Intel i9-9980XE Extreme Edition - 18-Core @ 3.00Ghz •  GPU:   » Inno3D GeForce RTX 3090 - 24GB  GDDR6X •  RAM» Corsair Dominator Platinum - 64GB DDR4 3200Mhz

• CASE: » DeepCool Matrexx 4F » •  MB:     » MSi GodLike Gaming X99 »»» LGA 2011-v3 •  CPU:    » Intel i7-6950x Extreme Edition - 10-Core @ 3.00Ghz •  GPU:   » MSi GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GAMING  - 8GB  GDDR5 •  RAM» Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro - 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz

• CASE: » CoolerMaster CMP 320L » •  MB:     » Atermiter X99 »»» LGA 2011-v3 •  CPU:    » Intel i7-6900K - 8-Core @ 3.20Ghz •  GPU:   » Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic Edition - 2GB  GDDR5 •  RAM» G.Skill TridentZ - 16GB DDR4 3600Mhz