The Corsair CX-series

Now we need 1 explaining why VS are bad.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

resized_jesus-says-meme-generator-jesus-

wow xD

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Does that make them okay? I looked and they have rather ambiguous reviews.

CWT is mixed. As stated before the CX is for basic systems :) Doesn't mean the OEM can justify putting it in something greater than it's meant to handle. Even Seasonic has low-end units.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I recently bough PC that had dead CX500. It was runing almost 2 years in my friend PC then he sold it to my colleague and he was runing it for almost a year. Then it failed and he sold entire PC to me for cheap.

I disassembled it and found that the fuse is bad but I havent tried to change it as that PSU would die soon anyway. I am actualy surprised it lasted so long.

lol

VS is just overpriced.

Well.. they are not really good for the price. I have no idea how much they cost where you live but they ask as much for the Corsair VS here as if you were buying higher tier mid range PSU.

Well.. they are not really good for the price. I have no idea how much they cost where you live but they ask as much for the Corsair VS here as if you were buying higher tier mid range PSU.

I actually think ThermalFake Smart SE is slightly better than the CX and they are cheaper over here

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I actually think ThermalFake Smart SE is slightly better than the CX and they are cheaper over here

I could have got a 620W Semi modular SE for £44GBP it was so tempting and I thought the PSU was actually good(dunno why since it was cheap) but I'm so glad I got a seasonic one instead when I actually did research

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

I could have got a 620W Semi modular SE for £44GBP it was so tempting and I thought the PSU was actually good(dunno why since it was cheap) but I'm so glad I got a seasonic one instead when I actually did research

the SE isn't terrible per say - 35*C temp tolerance, meets standard requiremets but build quality is very sub-par

the SE isn't terrible per say - 35*C temp tolerance, meets standard requiremets but build quality is very sub-par

If it has decent ripple suppression and voltage regulation then 35C isn't completely terrible (depending on where you live)

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

If it has decent ripple suppression and voltage regulation then 35C isn't completely terrible (depending on where you live)

Well - the lowest Aida64 (mobo) reported the +12V was 11.7 so I guess it's good -under max load i mean

Well - the lowest Aida64 (mobo) reported the +12V was 11.7 so I guess it's good -under max load i mean

reviews from good sources are always a good source though :P

reviews from good sources are always a good source though :P

well, the first version (not SE) was called a good entry-level PSU by Hardware Secrets. Not sure about the SE model tho

• 2 weeks later...

Hate to bump this, but how good are the PSUs besides the tolerance?  I'm rocking a CX600M right now, and I'm looking to push my CPU overclock on my APU, is that a bad idea?

[witty signature]

very short must watch

This is saved to my favorites on YouTube I love it hilarious :D

Hate to bump this, but how good are the PSUs besides the tolerance? I'm rocking a CX600M right now, and I'm looking to push my CPU overclock on my APU, is that a bad idea?

I don't think you should, maybe upgrade to a 80+ Gold one or replace with an EVGA 600B 80+ Bronze PSU. More reliable, and I would t trust the CX series to keep an OC stable haha

Hate to bump this, but how good are the PSUs besides the tolerance?  I'm rocking a CX600M right now, and I'm looking to push my CPU overclock on my APU, is that a bad idea?

AMD APU? They're kinda warm but as long as you have a decent CPU cooler you should be pretty OK.

I don't think you should, maybe upgrade to a 80+ Gold one or replace with an EVGA 600B 80+ Bronze PSU. More reliable, and I would t trust the CX series to keep an OC stable haha

The 600B is a minute upgrade over the CX-series really.

I wouldn't recommend a 600B much ethier, maybe a XFX 450-550w or S12ii instead of the EVGA And CX units if you are wanting something more budget-y

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

AMD APU? They're kinda warm but as long as you have a decent CPU cooler you should be pretty OK.

Yeah, but their Tj. Max is 72, highest I got was 64 @ 1.525v using a Hyper 212 EVO.  Turns out my VRMs were throttling, so I can't push any further than what I had before, lol.

[witty signature]

I have a CS550M, while it is not a CX, should I be worried if I get an R9 390?

Yes. I would most definitely get something better :)

I wouldn't recommend a 600B much ethier, maybe a XFX 450-550w or S12ii instead of the EVGA And CX units if you are wanting something more budget-y

Maybe an 80+ Gold one then by EVGA or XFX

Maybe an 80+ Gold one then by EVGA or XFX

Well you can get a EVGA B2 that is 80+ bronze which is much better than a 600B :). but usually the EVGA and XFX 80+ Gold units are great :).

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

I have a CX600M and I've never had a problem with it BUT I'm replacing within a week because A) Sketchy sketchy sketchy B) Not enough power.

Space is pretty awesome.