AMD GPUs and their Nvidia counterpart.

Since some people might not exactly know where an AMD card lines up with an Nvidia card or that the Nvidia card is inherently superior for one reason or another... I should also clarify that I'm basing all of this off of the current 300 series, however if your budget is tight and you can find a 7000 series or 200 series GPU and you can't afford the current offerings from AMD your best bet would probably to go for one of those. 

The R7 370 slots in between the GTX 950 and GTX 960.

I would add in the 950 but right now there aren't very many videos on it yet since it was just relased today, I will update this when more benchmarks are available.

The R9 380 slots in between the GTX 960 and 970.

the R9 390 and R9 390X slots in between the GTX 970 and 980, the 390 closer in price and performance to the 970 and the 390X closer to the 980 in price and performance.

The R9 Fury sits between the GTX 980 and 980 Ti.

That is the only place AMD doesn't do as well in, the Titan X does smash the R9 Fury X but both are great cards for most cases. If you want to game at 4K both cards should be fine.

@
has an even more detailed guide to AMD GPUs and their Nvidia counter part. Found here

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

This list confuses me. @Bob Jim already has one of these

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

"the R9 390 and R9 390"

Other than that, looks good.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Noice, bookmarked, will put this on my How To Build a PC guide if you don't mind

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

The fury X isn't a competitor to the Titan X mate. It's the competitor to the 980ti, and in regards to 4k it does very well, its almost a dead tie between the 980ti and Fury X, beating each other about 50:50

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

This list confuses me. @Bob Jim already has one of these

I didn't see it at least in the first couple of pages.

Other than that, looks good.

Fixed

@soaringchicken No problem

@Atmos I know but in terms of price the Fury X cost about as much (and sometimes more than) as the 980 Ti.

@ONOTech Lower end cards? Like the R7 360?

Nope.

950 vs. 370 - 950 wins.

960 vs. 380 - 380 wins.

970 vs. 390 - 390 wins.

980 vs. 390X/Fury - 980 wins.

980 Ti vs. Fury X - 980 Ti wins.

Titan X is by itself, although it's almost the same tier as the 980 Ti.

snip

I was mostly going by price but the 950 in sometimes does have the edge but I should've mentioned by no more than 10FPS.

No love for the R9 270X or 270? Thats mid-grade homie

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I was mostly going by price but the 950 in sometimes does have the edge but I should've mentioned by no more than 10FPS.

When you get 30-40 FPS with those two cards, 10 FPS is gigantic difference. You shouldn't go on price becasue then AMD wins until you get ot high end stuff like the Fury and Fury X.

I didn't see it at least in the first couple of pages.

Fixed

@soaringchicken No problem

@Atmos I know but in terms of price the Fury X cost about as much (and sometimes more than) as the 980 Ti.

@ONOTech Lower end cards? Like the R7 360?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406509-nvidia-vs-amds-current-lineup-evaluation/

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

Mine has the R7 370, but it's almost the same as a 270X, more like a 270.

300 series since finding new 200 series seems scarce now... then yeah the 390X is slightly better than the 290X and so on and so fourth.

@ONOTech ^^^^

300 series since finding new 200 series seems scarce now... then yeah the 390X is slightly better than the 290X and so on and so fourth.

@ONOTech ^^^^

No it's not, Newegg still has a ton of 290Xs and 280Xs and stuff in stock.

Okay.

Bob Jims is better. Compares better price points towards the cards not a Fury vs 980Ti when the Fury X is the 980Tis competition and the Fury and 390x are at odd price points to it all depends on your budget whether its competition for the gtx 980 or not. 380 vs 970? Lol

No it's not, Newegg still has a ton of 290Xs and 280Xs and stuff in stock.

Okay, not according to PCPartPicker though. 

Bob Jims is better. Compares better price points towards the cards not a Fury vs 980Ti when the Fury X is the 980Tis competition and the Fury and 390x are at odd price points to it all depends on your budget whether its competition for the gtx 980 or not. 380 vs 970? Lol

Bob Jim's comparison

He does go in depth with where the card is and gives the price range for the GPU, he also states whether you're better off with one or another.

His doesn't include benchmarks, and he is only comparing two cards.

My comparison

Mine has Benchmarks, goes through the basics and is more of a pick a tier there are your options, and where it sits in comparison to its Nvidia counterpart. Overall mine was simplistic and sort of objective.

I wasn't as through, I didn't say who won (which I think is sort of subjective to say who wins. One might be okay with slightly less FPS if that means they save money)

@byalexandr They must have updated it since I last checked (like Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon) either way if one can snatch up a 280X that's going to be better than an R7 370. Also some compromises can be made instead of ultra or very high maybe lower a setting or two that should really affect the look and feel of the game but gain back those lost FPS.

I was trying to also allow for some overlap because say someone can't quite afford a 970 but doesn't mind the slower 380. Of course the 390/290 is a fairer comparison.

Bob Jim's comparison

He does go in depth with where the card is and gives the price range for the GPU, he also states whether you're better off with one or another.

His doesn't include benchmarks, and he is only comparing two cards.

My comparison

Mine has Benchmarks, goes through the basics and is more of a pick a tier there are your options, and where it sits in comparison to its Nvidia counterpart. Overall mine was simplistic and sort of objective.

I wasn't as through, I didn't say who won (which I think is sort of subjective to say who wins. One might be okay with slightly less FPS if that means they save money)

@byalexandr They must have updated it since I last checked (like Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon) either way if one can snatch up a 280X that's going to be better than an R7 370. Also some compromises can be made instead of ultra or very high maybe lower a setting or two that should really affect the look and feel of the game but gain back those lost FPS.

I was trying to also allow for some overlap say someone can't quite afford a 970 but doesn't mind the slower 380. Of course the 390/290 is a fairer comparison.

Yes but it's more expensive. I think you mean a 270X instead of a 370. You said 280X.

Where's Tahiti, your missing the point of the best value performance card at the 200 and below price range.......

Where's Tahiti, your missing the point of the best value performance card at the 200 and below price range.......

7970 and 7970GHz and that's it? Granted some Hawaii GPUs are a re branded Tahiti and in turn (all?) Grenada GPUs are re branded Hawaii.

Great excuses?

http://wccftech.com/amd-preparing-tahiti-xtl-revision-radeon-r9-280x-graphic-card/

The 290x was a new architecture and that's why it was called hawaii.

Lol I know the 290X was new but not really familiar with stuff past 200 series from AMD and 600 series from Nvidia.