Anyone here work at best buy?

JoshK

I'm 15 right now, going to be 16 soon and I work at McDonald's and I want to work at best buy. Well I applied at the beginning of the month and everything went fine until I got to the pre employment questions. I answered them truthfully and inevitably failed. Well I applied tonight again and did my research prior so I bs'd my way through the questions only using stronglys and I freaking failed. Again. I am so frustrated and need someone to help me out so do any of you guys have any advice? I need to get this job ASAP so I can put my two weeks in.

@beebskadoo

But yeah, it sounds like an age thing.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

My local Best Buys require you to be 18, not sure about yours, but mine do.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I'm 15 right now, going to be 16 soon and I work at McDonald's and I want to work at best buy. Well I applied at the beginning of the month and everything went fine until I got to the pre employment questions. I answered them truthfully and inevitably failed. Well I applied tonight again and did my research prior so I bs'd my way through the questions only using stronglys and I freaking failed. Again. I am so frustrated and need someone to help me out so do any of you guys have any advice? I need to get this job ASAP so I can put my two weeks in.

they won't wanna hire someone as young as you

thats mainly why you aren't getting the job

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

1. Don't BS through job applications.

2. They're not likely going to hire you if you're under 18.

Imo just keep at the job you're doing now until you're old enough for a real job.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Best buy is foll of idiots that know nothing about technology

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

My local Best Buys require you to be 18, not sure about yours, but mine do.

pretty much this

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I've never seen anybody that young working at best buy. They probably understand that you will be going back to school in a few weeks or they don't need your help. I doubt it is that you're answering the questions wrong. They see that you're young and that you can't work full time. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

I got referred by a manager. I told him I was 15 and was into building computers and he said go ahead and apply. Also, the test is automatically graded by a computer and if you don't answer it exactly right then it'll fail you.

@spwath he has sent in an application to them and has been called back but not sure if he has the job or not yet

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I got referred by a manager. I told him I was 15 and was into building computers and he said go ahead and apply.

Doesn't mean anything. I know that if I went to best buy, I sure as hell wouldn't want some 15 year old helping me. Best buy doesn't really specialize in computers anyway. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

I didn't want to start a holy war or anything so if someone could actually help me and give me other tips for the questions it would be appreciated. If I get called I don't, but if I do great. I just want to pass this test.

I didn't want to start a holy war or anything so if someone could actually help me and give me other tips for the questions it would be appreciated. If I get called I don't, but if I do great. I just want to pass this test.

BestBuy will almost never hire younger than 18. Also don't bother applying for a technical job unless you have Certs or prior experience, they won't hire you. You almost always have to work the floor for at least a year to get any other position.

If you want to work at BestBuy then you better get a good pair of knee pads, if you know what I'm saying...... ;)

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

From my cousin and his friends that work at best buy I have heard the only way to pass that test is to know someone who took it or get lucky. My cousins spent something like 3 hours just remembering the answers. Even if you did pass I'm sure they wouldn't hire you most companies would not wanna deal with someone under 18 it's just a hassle