slight lag on new pc.

niwas981

Its  been only 4 months after I upgraded my pc. I have had no problems until now. 
I usually use epu settings of asus in order to save energy at night as my pc is turned on for 3 simultaneous days sometimes. Vcore voltage downgrade had been set to high.   
For  a past week I have been noticing some lag. :( so I put epu to high performance mode again. but this problem continues. Although there is one clue. Whenever I put epu on power saving mode the frequency of lag increases. When I watch movies it lags a bit in the middle. This happens very rarely.It last for 1 to 2 seconds mostly. It hardly annoy me in the game but I can notice lag if it happens by some disoriented noise. This noise is somewhat similar  to the dying headphone with lose connection. I used to have suspicion about dying headies but lag in mouse movement tell me otherwise. 

The frequency of lag is increasing each and everyday gradually. I am really freaked outta my mind right now as this really brand new rig. I guess there is some problem with proccy. Temperatures are normal though. They go till 65 degrees at high gaming load on stock intel cooler.  No oc is dont untill now as I will try it after I get descent cpu cooler.

Just help me figure out this problem. And  sorry for poor  explanation of the problem. 

Proccy: i5 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v, GFX card: Asus DCUII gtx 760, Ram: corsair vengence 8GB, PSU: corsair vx550w, Case: Coolermaster cm 690 II advanced, HDD: Segate 1TB+ 500GB , Mouse: logitech g400s, Keyboard: Motospeed ck104

sometimes when I load website the movement of mouse get stuck in the middle.

Proccy: i5 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v, GFX card: Asus DCUII gtx 760, Ram: corsair vengence 8GB, PSU: corsair vx550w, Case: Coolermaster cm 690 II advanced, HDD: Segate 1TB+ 500GB , Mouse: logitech g400s, Keyboard: Motospeed ck104

specs are in my signature

Yea I just disabled the epu in asus aisuite settings.I'll notify about problems if they occur again.

Umm yea dont use the epu your processor and windows do a fine job on their own power saving.

there is still some lag left on my pc even though i turned  off epu.  :(

You say you've turned it off. Have you tried uninstalling it and making sure that not 3rd party software is running that doesn't need to be? Windows + R > msconfig > startup tab and uncheck auto-updaters and things you don't know what they are. (if you're unsure, ask!)

there is still some lag left on my pc even though i turned  off epu.  :(

Also please define the lag and have you ever stress tested any of your parts?

no i haven't. The lag is very much noticeable during the playback of movie. the playback of movie and sound get disturbed several times during the time frame of lag. lag last for just a second or two. 

no i haven't. The lag is very much noticeable during the playback of movie. the playback of movie and sound get disturbed several times during the time frame of lag. lag last for just a second or two. 

When else does it happen?

during game, during the loading of a website

Idk check everything id probably start with cpu temps then HDD test with sea tool DOS TEXT or Hitachi Drive Fitness Test DOS

you might be true. My primary hdd does make more noise than same hdd my friend has..

you might be true. My primary hdd does make more noise than same hdd my friend has..

Then check it I just recommended 2 tools to do so. download their ISO's and burn a CD or get their floppy images and make a flash drive

I am having the exact same problem :O. It occurs randomly, but can be very annoying when listening to music or watching movies. Might be because of my overclocked CPU :/

I am having the exact same problem :o. It occurs randomly, but can be very annoying when listening to music or watching movies. Might be because of my overclocked CPU :/

could be if it not a stable OC. I also thought it could be overheating.

• 2 weeks later...

my hdd seems fine. Tested with tools you suggested. Even uninstalled the Asus ai suite . Still the problem is there. One of my friend at fb asked me to conduct DPC latancy check on pc. when my pc is started freshly,this issue doesn't arrive. so I left my pc on for a day when I went out .came home to check this. Seached a bit on net. seems like DPC latancy causes live audio and video streams to lag or skip certain part.287ol5e.png

my hdd seems fine. Tested with tools you suggested. Even uninstalled the Asus ai suite . Still the problem is there. One of my friend at fb asked me to conduct DPC latancy check on pc. when my pc is started freshly,this issue doesn't arrive. so I left my pc on for a day when I went out .came home to check this. Seached a bit on net. seems like DPC latancy causes live audio and video streams to lag or skip certain part.287ol5e.png

Hmm idk what to say I have a even 1000 straying about a 100 either way and thats with chrome, IRC, and vuze open. I still dont really understand what its checking, best I could find is something with drivers. I did find out that it should be run when your system is idle not doing anything. I do notice you have uTorrent open try closing that and running again as torrenting actually places quite a string on the system storage and network wise. 

I also notice a ton of stuff on your desktop showing that its not a clean install in the least, have you thought of just reinstalling widows? Another thing you could check is resource monitor to see if things are using more resources (cpu, ram, HDD) than they should. If you see something that looks questionable look into it.