Two Arrests In Denmark For Spreading Information About Popcorn Time

Syntaxvgm

It's just a regular installer. You double click it and press next a few times. No VPN or other configurations needed.

Isn't that something they should do before arresting someone?

I see your point, but I think this is bullshit.

If it's just a regular installer, then the police and the rights holder don't have a case.

The case will probably be dismissed in a months time.

Just to make things clear. They haven't been arrested, they have only been charged. The two guys are still free to move around as much as they please.

As things are now, they have only been informed that they have been charged and what they have been charged with. This was done at the Copenhagen Court on the 30th if July 2015. 

And I can agree that it's bullshit. Unfortunatly the police has to take the case when the penal code has been broken.

But as said, that is absolutly down to the outdated copyright laws, that hopefully will change in the near future.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Isn't Popcorn a legal program? Only using it to watch a copyrighted movie is illegal.

Should I be in prison for telling people how to make install Windows because it might be used to watch copyrighted material?

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Strange haven't heard anything... considering I am Danish.

Hold øje med tweak.dk my friend :)

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Isn't Popcorn a legal program? Only using it to watch a copyrighted movie is illegal.

Should I be in prison for telling people how to make install Windows because it might be used to watch copyrighted material?

It was illegal in sweden, then it got illegal in Denmark.

It had quite a bit of attention from the police here, somewhat scares me that they got arrested. Currently they can get up to 6 years in prison for it

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Also wtf about these rumors that we cant watch it because they took down those sites. Ive been using .io version of popcorn time, but stopped since i dont have a vpn.

I dont use it but its the medias fault for not properly distributing media, basically i have nothing to watch on romanian television no matter what cable package i buy so i uninstalled it save monthly 10$-15$.

It was illegal in sweden, then it got illegal in Denmark.

It had quite a bit of attention from the police here, somewhat scares me that they got arrested. Currently they can get up to 6 years in prison for it

It's weird because Popcorn Time is just a fancy interface for torrents. In most cases, the torrents are illegal but the program itself isn't.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Then I am misunderstanding why they were arrested or what they are charged with.

They are being Charged with Attempt to use freedom of speach

It's weird because Popcorn Time is just a fancy interface for torrents. In most cases, the torrents are illegal but the program itself isn't.

The difference here is that traditional Bit Torrent programs can and are used for entirely legal purposes, to download entirely legal digital content (Linux Distros, big example).

However, Popcorn Time can ONLY be used to access, download, and watch Copyrighted Material. I've personally never seen a copyright free Movie or TV Show on Popcorn Time. That's the difference. All content you access via Popcorn Time is copyrighted - the content is curated.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

GOOD! We cant allow a situation where the bilionare movie industry owners dont see constant growth along side the population growth.

God help us all if a billionare loses a few millions... what is the world coming to if the few cant step on the heads of everyone else? We must imprison, torture and put to death anyone who even remotely is pondering a NON-oligarchic society.

This is the world our parents fought for after all! A world where only a few are allowed to make money, which is determined by birth.