The best graphics card for my machine?

Evyatar
Go to solution Solved by Briggsy,

gtx 950 just launched according to Nvidia's twitter account, but 960 is probably a good choice too if you have enough money.

So I'm going to buy a sepret computer to myself, and I have this machine:

Motherboard:

x58a ud3r.

CPU:

Core i7 930i.

I don't want to have a bottle neck and I don't want to spand too much money on the graphics card.

I thought about this card:

MSI GT640 2GB DDR3 DX11 VGA DVI HDMI PCI-E

What do you think?

Thanks.

Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Evyalectric/

OR add me to your friends list on GTA V - Wiser94

something newer like the 750ti should give you better price/ perf. also look at the 7770/ 260x from amd.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Get the strongest card you can afford. CPU bottleneck won't be an issue with that cpu.

i3-4170, H81 board, 8GB DDR3, Crucial M4, GTX 770, Xigmatek Vangaurd Case, Creative Titanium X-fi, Razer Carcharias, 500w PSU, 24" VA panel and a 42" IPS. Thinking about getting a plant.

Motherboard:

x58a ud3r.

CPU:

Core i7 930i.

I don't want to have a bottle neck and I don't want to spand too much money on the graphics card.

What do you think?

Thanks.

You might want to grab an R9 270 or R9 370 if the 270 is out of budget. That card the MSI GT640 will not be able to play games very well or at all.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

something newer like the 750ti should give you better price/ perf. also look at the 7770/ 260x from amd.

Get the strongest card you can afford. CPU bottleneck won't be an issue with that cpu.

You might want to grab an R9 270 or R9 370 if the 270 is out of budget. That card the MSI GT640 will not be able to play games very well or at all.

You guys are right, I should go as the best gpu as I can get, but I need somthing affordable, and these Rs are not.

I'm greet team, so no AMD for me. :P

You guys are right, I should go as the best gpu as I can get, but I need somthing affordable, and these Rs are not.

I understand that you like one side over another but PLEASE don't buy a certain card over another because of amd or nVIDIA. What is your budget? How much money do you plan on spending for a video card?

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B550M Plus
  • Ryzen 5 5600X undervolted
  • Gigabyte VISION OC RTX 3070 undervolted
  • 32GB Teamgroup Dark Alpha 3600 MHz CL18
  • Corsair TX750M
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro & Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

For team green look for a gtx 660ti, if that is too expensive then the 750ti is a great little card. If you can go higher a gtx 960 is probably the best you can do without a major bottleneck in most games

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

I understand that you like one side over another but PLEASE don't buy a certain card over another because of amd or nVIDIA. What is your budget? How much money do you plan on spending for a video card?

For team green look for a gtx 660ti, if that is too expensive then the 750ti is a great little card. If you can go higher a gtx 960 is probably the best you can do without a major bottleneck in most games

I'm going with the green team because of my expirince with them. You won't bet on another horse, if the horse you like is a winner. ;)

And Ok, I will look up for the 750&660&960. any other recommendtions?

I'm going with the green team because of my expirince with them. You won't bet on another horse, if the horse you like is a winner. ;)

And Ok, I will look up for the 750&660&960. any other recommendtions?

Okay, once again, how much are you willing to spend?

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • Corsair TX750M

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • TrackIR 4

Avoid any GT cards as their shit. Get a 760/770/960 and you won't regret it.

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M

Motherboard:

x58a ud3r.

CPU:

Core i7 930i.

What do you think?

Thanks.

what's your budget ?

Okay, once again, how much are you willing to spend?

Avoid any GT cards as their shit. Get a 760/770/960 and you won't regret it.

Will look up to it, thanks!

what's your budget ?

I'm willing to put up to 200$ on a gpu. not much... again, not a gaming rig, but if I would like to play, I would want to have somthing nice.

I'm willing to put up to 200$ on a gpu. not much... again, not a gaming rig, but if I would like to play, I would want to have somthing nice.

if you are willing to put a budget upto 200 dollars then buy a MSI gtx 960 : http://amzn.to/1hs4cpC . Even if you don't want to do heavy gaming , it will be a great upgrade for you in the future .

If you want to spend 200$ USD then go for a gtx 960. You are going to have a great time with it!

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • Corsair TX750M

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • TrackIR 4

gtx 950 just launched according to Nvidia's twitter account, but 960 is probably a good choice too if you have enough money.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR