GeForce Experience Update - Play co-op over the web and share game

GoodBytes

Nvidia is working in adding new set of features to GeForce Experience.

The software will allow gamers to stream their game to another user's PC over the Internet, and allow them to play cooperatively with a just a single copy with a friend. The feature will be called: Nvidia Shield! GameStream co-op.

trine-640x360.png

It is launching in the coming weeks as beta form.

The company says that GameStream co-op will only support 720p streaming at 60 FPS using h.264 encoding at first, with a minimum 6Mbps upload speed recommended. The co-op player or viewer can view it/play via a Google Chrome plug-in, so technically speaking, from what we know, if teh player has intel integrated graphics solution only or AMD, they will be able to join with the host.

In addition to this, Nvidia says that their will release a new GUI for its ShadowPlay DVR capture suite.

Finally, GeForce Experience will no longer boost the best graphics with it's auto=tune feature for MOBA games, but rather try and achieve 120fps. So many, expect a visual degradation in both settings and resolution, if you don't have a powerful graphics card (or you can turn it off).

Source: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/08/nvidia-geforce-experience-update-lets-you-share-games-play-co-op/

What if you dont have any friends?

*sobs in corner*

/s (or is it)

Specs: i7-4790k with Thermaltake Water 3.0, EVGA GTX 970, MSI Z97 Gaming 3, Kingston HyperX 2x8 DDR3 1600Mhz, SSD Boot Drive/1TB HD, CM Storm Stryker, EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Peripherals: SS Rival, HyperX Cloud, G710+

That's reeeally nice! If AMD users will be able to participate(co-op friend) that will be a big plus.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Nice... too bad hardly any of my friends own PCs

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

I have effective 2mb upload (and that's a lot here!), but they ask me 6? WTF!!

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Do they have any idea how few people have above 2MBps upload? Here in Australia for example without the NBN your stuck on ADSL2, and its less than 1Mbps upload.

@Imakuni

Time to get a business internet connection-though the prices....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

That is pretty amazing.  Too bad all my friends are just acquaintances :c

How many games actually support local co-op (and not lan) now days... I always check out the steam page for them but most are very meh.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

so its like the Nintendo ds game sharing thing

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

I have 10mbps upload speed but made the (final) switch to AMD just a bit more than a month ago :)

Is your name a reference to the Pokemon TCG by any chance? :P

tumblr_ms408qDznr1splc3zo1_400.jpg

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I have 10mbps upload speed but made the (final) switch to AMD just a bit more than a month ago :)

Is your name a reference to the Pokemon TCG by any chance? :P

tumblr_ms408qDznr1splc3zo1_400.jpg

Yes, more specifically, from this. Freaked the hell out of me when I was a kid

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

It's running in plebstation level resolution but fuck me if I'm not impressed.

Yes, more specifically, from this. Freaked the hell out of me when I was a kid

That game still has the best soundtrack of any Gameboy game I can remember :D

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I wonder how this compares to steam in home streaming. I know everyone is thinking about streaming over the internet but I think I could use this for streaming to my TV with an HTPC and not buy a Nvidia Shield.

I'm kind of more interested in the new GUI for its ShadowPlay...perhaps new features?

Intel I7 4770k 4.2ghz, Asus Maximus VI Hero,16 gb Corsair Ram(1600 mhz), GTX 780 Classified, 1000w EVGA Supernova Powersupply,Corsair h100i
250 GB Samsung 840 Evo Solid State Drive(OS Drive), 120 GB Corsair Solid State Drive, 1 Terabyte Western Digital Drive
(Blue)

I don't know about this, this seems more like a gimmick and nothing more. Legally I don't think game publishers will go for this. Sharing without paying goes against the fabric of triple A developers. Just my 2 cents.

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer  

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

but can it run over wire so could play with someone in the same room/house

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com