PC app idea?

Kermit

Hey,

Recently I've been spending hours on PCPartPicker, fiddling about with different configurations. After a while, I started getting bored because all I could see was the components, but not what each individual build would look like.

The resulting idea, very simple, was to create a program to pick motherboard, GPU, cooler, etc,... and pull the .jpg image of each component from a database. After each component is picked (and the corresponding image appears), each .jpg would appear at a specific place on the visual display, according to the case picked. This service would provide a good, maybe rough, idea of how each build would look before spending anything. 

Possibly PCPartPicker could use their database of components to make this possible on a larger scale? Is something like this possible? And on a smaller scale-- with maybe 200 motherboards to choose from, 200 GPUs, and say 100 PSUs-- I would think it would be quite straightforward to code with the right background and experience... Select a mobo from a dropdown list, a picture appears: not really rocket science. Although this is a cool concept, I don't know if it would really be worth the effort of not only coding it, but also compiling a database with specific photos of hundreds of parts.

Would anyone else like to see something like this, or is it only me? lol

Thanks,

Kermit

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

lol I was thinking of doing the same thing with JS and greasemonkey.

Wouldn't be a very difficult task I assume?

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified