MSI Godlike X99 15 fans not enough headers

Metro

Hello

I will be getting the MSI Godlike X99 but there are only two 4 pin PWM fan headers and only three fan headers for three pin, I do not really want a fan controller on the front of my case. I also want all of the 15 fans to spin at 1200 RPM, is there any way to do this without a fan controller

Thanks

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

Hello

I will be getting the MSI Godlike X99 but there are only two 4 pin PWM fan headers and only three fan headers for three pin, I do not really want a fan controller on the front of my case. I also want all of the 15 fans to spin at 1200 RPM, is there any way to do this without a fan controller

Thanks

sort of....15 fans on 4 headers is going to start pushing the power limits if you just use splitters. It probably is possible but you'd want to make sure they're low power fans.

The other option is to run them straight from the PSU with in line resisters to step down the power delivery to the required fan speed.

sort of....15 fans on 4 headers is going to start pushing the power limits if you just use splitters. It probably is possible but you'd want to make sure they're low power fans.

The other option is to run them straight from the PSU with in line resisters to step down the power delivery to the required fan speed.

They are the Noctua 140mm NF A14 2000 RPM IndustrialPPC IP67 fans, I will be running them at 1200 RPM

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Just out of curiosity, what monster of a computer case are all of these fans going into? All I can imagine is some crazy dual radiator liquid cooling loop with full push/pull using those fans.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Just out of curiosity, what monster of a computer case are all of these fans going into? All I can imagine is some crazy dual radiator liquid cooling loop with full push/pull using those fans.

Corsair 900D with 11 fans and a H110GTX in push pull

Corsair 900D with 11 fans and a H110GTX in push pull

two of those fans you can run straight off the pump, I'd probably stick splitters on those headers and give the h110i control over everything attached to it.

You're then left with 4 zones you really want to control, front, top, basement, and rear exhaust. If it's constant rpm, just attach them to the psu with the inline resister, if you want some control over them, you're going to be using splitters. pretty sure you're going to be running into space limitations though, unless you're mounting a couple of those on the back of the hard drive cages maybe? (push pull air through them?)

two of those fans you can run straight off the pump, I'd probably stick splitters on those headers and give the h110i control over everything attached to it.

You're then left with 4 zones you really want to control, front, top, basement, and rear exhaust. If it's constant rpm, just attach them to the psu with the inline resister, if you want some control over them, you're going to be using splitters. pretty sure you're going to be running into space limitations though, unless you're mounting a couple of those on the back of the hard drive cages maybe? (push pull air through them?)

No, I will be removing all the Hard drive cages, just need one at the bottom, going with a complete SSD systems, I just recounted and I need 14 fans, I want 4 at the front, 4 at the bottom panel, 5 at the top and 1 at the back

• 8 months later...

Hi,

Just wanted to know if you found a resolution to this?, I just purchased the MSI Godlike carbon motherboard, it replaced a Asus X99-S motherboard, I had Phantek PWM hubs on the Asus and it worked fine. Now I have this board the PWMS no longer work. I have the same predicament in that I have removed the 5.25" drive bays out the front of my 900D to allow a rad to be placed on the front.

Any help gratefully appreciated

3 minutes ago, l0nestarnger said:

Hi,

Just wanted to know if you found a resolution to this?, I just purchased the MSI Godlike carbon motherboard, it replaced a Asus X99-S motherboard, I had Phantek PWM hubs on the Asus and it worked fine. Now I have this board the PWMS no longer work. I have the same predicament in that I have removed the 5.25" drive bays out the front of my 900D to allow a rad to be placed on the front.

Any help gratefully appreciated

It's better to make another topic instead of reviving a really old thread.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

yes just did that thought it might have got a good repsonse being on the same topic. I've made a new thread thanks

Just now, mikat said:

well sometimes people get angry and say repost repost, and this works better :)

admins and mods, what are your opinions?

Considering the fact that this thread was created last year in august....

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats