• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Confusizzled

CPU to match Sapphire R9 390

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey guys,

I'll be building my first desktop soon and so far I have the Sapphire R9 390 nitro already bought. I still need a cpu and have been thinking on buying the i5 4690k but I'm running low on funds. Anyone know any other good cpus that will be cheaper or any benchmarks that I can look at ? Looking to spend around 300-350 canadian for mother board and CPU. 

i5 4460 and a some H97 or something motherboard. Wont bottleneck, DDR3. Good stuff.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

Hey guys,

I'll be building my first desktop soon and so far I have the Sapphire R9 390 nitro already bought. I still need a cpu and have been thinking on buying the i5 4690k but I'm running low on funds. Anyone know any other good cpus that will be cheaper or any benchmarks that I can look at ? Looking to spend around 300-350 canadian for mother board and CPU. 

Here. I included the RAM as well.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($224.50 @ shopRBC) 
Motherboard: Asus H81M-A Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($48.07 @ Amazon Canada) 
Memory: G.Skill Value 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($51.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Total: $324.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-17 16:43 EDT-0400

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Yeah I was thinking i5 4460 anyone know how much worse it performs if at all ? 

As you said, the difference is usually pretty minimal.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

@Confusizzled, you could just buy an AMD FX-8350 + a Hyper 212 Evo cooler, and an ASRock 970 Performance motherboard, it doesn't bottleneck my GTX 970 at all when overclocked to 4,5gHz, so I guess you'll be fine as well. The cooler should be enough for that kind of overclock.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO 11GB GDDR5X Motherboard: ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME
CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro RGB RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White
Displays: AORUS AD27QD, DELL UltraSharp U2711 Storage: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB, 850EVO 120GB, SP550 240GB, UV400 240GB, WD Red 2TB & 1TB
Laptop: Acer Nitro 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U GPU: AMD Radeon RX 560X 4GB RAM: 16GB Storage: 240GB M.2 SSD, 1TB HDD Display: 15.6" IPS