Why all the love for Sapphire?

IMPERIUS

title

I understand that they have great performing cards, probably good support service and warranty etc etc...

but why ALWAYS sapphire (also often msi) but why not other companies like xfx, gigabyte, asus and so on? personally I would just go with the one that doesn't have any major flaws, is a reputable brand and is competitively priced and also looks good

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Sapphire have always been bad for me, much like AMD ASUS mobo's.

but.. Powercolor/Inno 3D/ Gainward/ Point of View/ PNY... the off brands that people usually shun have faired far better for me.

My SuperSex PC! (buyng stage)  i5 6600K/ CM Hyper 212 EVO/ 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 generic/ ASUS Z170 PRO Gaming/ Samsung EVO 500GB M.2-2280 SSD/ Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7.2k RPM/ Gainward GTX 980 Ti Phoenix Golden Sample 6GB/ Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX/ Silverstone Strider 1KW ST-1000P/ DELL U2715h 1440p/ LOG G110/ LOG G302

Well, you said it yourself..

I understand that they have great performing cards, probably good support service and warranty etc etc...

And sometimes XFX cards are not as good.. Gigabyte's service is not amazing, etc..

Sapphire always seems to be good :)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Never owned one so have no clue. I personally am a EVGA guy now. I also like MSI and frack ASUS now but I am stuck with ASUS cards for now.  :(

Because Sapphire to AMD is like what EVGA is to NVIDIA.

Well really yeah, because I think Sapphire distributes or handles RMA's with AMD reference cards and I think EVGA does that with Nvidia cards too

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

They make good cards with good support.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

And I thought Sapphire was considered to be the Kia of GPUs.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Because of all the reasons you said and when they're on sale they are pretty competitively priced as well so why not just get the reputable one for the same price ? 

Because MSI usually has the best (or second best) dual fan coolers on both teams, and Sapphire has great cooling along with Gigabyte with triple fan coolers.
I don't know where you're paying attention but Gigabyte, Asus, and EVGA get as much praise from other people, guess it depends on the community you visit.
XFX is terrible when it comes to higher TDP GPUs, from what my friends and I have experience their cooling gets worse over time. 

Sapphire has made some awesome cards lately, especially the 290/290X/390/390X. And for now, those cards seem to be usually priced like "average" cards, despite having more or less the best available coolers. So they're just darn good buys, most of the time. Eventually "everyone" on forums like this will just recommend Sapphire out of habit, and then Sapphire can start to jack up their prices and slack off on their R&D, relying on word of mouth from older cards to drive sales. That's what has happened with Corsair power supplies, and perhaps to a lesser extent Asus graphics cards.

sapphire has some of the best coolers on the market, cool, quiet, and they include a backplate on pretty much every card. What's not to like about em?

XFX tends to under-do-it on the coolers, aiming for thinner, lighter cards. And gigabyte's Windforce looks, well, kinda lame. 

If the card looks good, and performs even better, what's not to like about it? :D

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Bad overclockers? Lol jk. Only a few come to mind that are lime that. The EVGA 970 SSC and Sapphire 390 Nitro (doesn't include backplate either unlike what someone said earlier.)

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro

Heyyo,

I used to own Sapphire ATi cards and they were all completely fine.... but they don't have the best warranty. For ease of mind? I'd probably buy MSI if I could for an AMD brand unless they had a ridiculous price markup that wouldn't justify the cost difference to me... can you buy GPUs at costco? hahaha, they tend to have their own ridiculously good warranties anyways. :P

Found this table which is correct:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kfLWcuVdauptOIAgHc2THuDj2-gvQQLipNmCCx1FaNI/edit#gid=0

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/52345-graphics-card-manufacturer-warranty-info-thread/

Yes as in vendor-exclusive and no due to warranty... EVGA has a VASTLY superior warranty. Covers one year higher than Sapphire, offers overclocking warranty, limited lifetime warranty with registration on certain GPUs and others offer longer than three years with registration and they cover shipping costs... so if you're thinking about a product a company has faith in? EVGA definitely has faith in their GPUs if they're willing to offer so much to them. ;)

[edit1]

NOOOOOO!!! Costco does not sell GPUs. Sadface. :(

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

title

but why ALWAYS sapphire (also often msi) but why not other companies like xfx, gigabyte, asus and so on? personally I would just go with the one that doesn't have any major flaws, is a reputable brand and is competitively priced and also looks good

They have a more exclusive deal with AMD so they get to play more with the cards, they also make very good looking cards while varying the aesthetics, unlike MSI, Asus, Zotac and gigabyte who stick to a particular design for most of their cards. EVGA makes very good cards, but since they have 12 different card designs the flagship is not very obvious, i tend to see EVGA as the reference PCB option, while i know that's not totally true, their branding is a bit weak, and while if i'm buying a GPU i will get the best for my money, and EVGA would for sure be on the table, they lack that trade mark thing...and they never do colors which for me has gottan boring. Basically Sapphire is very reputable, makes great cards that look amazing and people trust them more with AMD since some brands like Asus have had their fuck ups, like omiting cooling for VRMs on the 290/x. In the end, whatever you buy chances are is gonna be great, MSI, Asus, Gigabyte, saphire, XFX, etc. But Sapphire has earned a solid costumer base on the AMD only GPU market, and marketing is pretty important.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Heyyo,

I used to own Sapphire ATi cards and they were all completely fine.... but they don't have the best warranty. For ease of mind? I'd probably buy MSI if I could for an AMD brand unless they had a ridiculous price markup that wouldn't justify the cost difference to me... can you buy GPUs at costco? hahaha, they tend to have their own ridiculously good warranties anyways. :P

Found this table which is correct:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kfLWcuVdauptOIAgHc2THuDj2-gvQQLipNmCCx1FaNI/edit#gid=0

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/52345-graphics-card-manufacturer-warranty-info-thread/

Worth noting that warranty stuff varies dramatically by country. In the EU, manufacturer warranty is less of a thing, since you always get warranty coverage from the retailer.

Sapphire, Galax, XFX, and EVGA for life!

I'll settle for an Asus and Gigabyte too (:

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

Never owned one so have no clue. I personally am a EVGA guy now. I also like MSI and frack ASUS now but I am stuck with ASUS cards for now.  :(

Agreed, screw Asus.

I don't see how anyone could hate Sapphire for making this beauty  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: :

post-2597-0-55157300-1439870451_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-55157300-1439870451_thumb.jp