Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Star Trek Case Mod, ASUS, 3 way SLI

Mnpctech

Looks at my Luxe *Sigh

I did the exact same thing lol

I like the look! I think Spock's image above the reactor is nice, and if you did a memorial plaque below the reactor it would look really clean as well. I think the graphic of the Enterprise with the view of the decks is really a nice touch as well. 

I'd love to do that schematic drawing, really like how it fills the space on the panel, but fear weeding out all of the intricate details for making the stencil being a really time consuming task.. still debating, Great feedback to consider, Thank you everyone!

17 years of helping you void your warranty

What about putting some of Spock's more famous quotes on the SSD's, or a graphic of his hand doing "Live long and prosper"? 

For the LCARS screen, could you attach a Surface Pro to the side of the case? 

I love watching build logs. Something about this build, is so... so beautiful.

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

@Zefues, Thank you, for watching and commenting!

@vXhanz, I plan to ask David Gerrold, writer for original Trek series to author something for the Nimoy plaque, since they were friends. I had created another Star Trek PC for David a few years, HERE... which was much more detailed with bigger budget.

Will's budget is much smaller, and hes using 9x SSDs, which I thought is pretty unique. I usually see 1 or 2 in everyone's builds. So I thought it would be fun to implement LCARS as SSD covers for some of them. Maybe as light box. Maybe as light box. Star Trek LCARS displays were created by using a large pieces of film, backlit by gel lights.  Turning individual lights on and off could give the appearance of animation, behind a static piece of film. I’ve read online that some people have had success is making them with Transparencies for Inkjet Printers. I’ve ordered some to experiment.  

lcars_phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spoc

Mike Okuda was responsible for designing the LCARS diagrams, as they’ve become known as Okudagrams.

Thanks for the history lesson! I had no clue about that, so that's pretty cool to learn that bit of Trek history. I think the lit gels on the SSD's will be pretty sweet! I can't wait to see what you come up with. 

This is awesome, subbed !

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

No prob! and Thanks again for watching!  I'm leaning toward swapping the artwork to Enterprise-D, to make the overall theme more cohesive.

Will loves his RAID array. 9x SSDs will require refining our mounting locations in the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, which shares same chassis Phanteks Enthoo Pro. Yesterday I modified the Phanteks factory 3.5" cage mounting base to a 2.5" cage with removable trays from a Supermicro S5 chassis. Using this cage will buy me 5 mounting locations (one on side) while clearing our Warp Core. After making all of the appropriate cuts, I scuffed the cage and base with Scotchbrite, applied SEM Self Etching White primer before applying Rustoleum Gloss White Enamel paint. Tentative plan for the remaining Five SSDs is to two mount two on backside of the Phanteks Luxe chassis and fabricate an illuminated shell for remaining three SSDs. This shell would have the LCARS display covers and be mounted behind the 5.25 bay with a window made in right access panel.

Steps in painting parts to match the White Phanteks Enthoo Luxe/Pro/Primo chassis. 

1. Scotchbrite surface to promote adhesion for the paint. (Not necessary to remove factory paint)

2. Clear off surfaces with Tack Cloth

3. Apply SEM Self Etching White primer, allow cure for 30 minutes 

4. Apply 5 coats in 5 min intervals of Rustoleum brand Gloss White Enamel paint from Home Depot

5. Allow Rustoelum paint to air dry cure for 24 hours before handling

6. (Optional) Apply Matte Clear coat finish to paint. 

phanteks_star_trek_enterprise_spock_nimo

3m_red_scotchbrite_pad_37447_07447_mnpct

For anyone who already owns a White Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Pro, or Primo who is doing their own case mods, the White aerosol paint that I used is Rust-Oleum's "Stops Rust" line of paints, Model # 7792830, 12 oz. Protective Enamel Gloss White Spray Paint. It's very good match to the factory color. I do recommend applying 4 - 5 coats and topping it off with Enamel Clear to help protect the finish.

Rustoleum Product Page, https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/stops-rust

I'm drooling for updates

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

Fricking followed. Looks so awesome cant wait to see the finished build 

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Thank you for the subs! I'll be back in my workshop this holiday weekend to make more progress. Heres some of my past custom PC builds and case mods.

I'll be trying out Prolimatech's "Ultra Sleek Vortex 12" 120 & 140mm fans. I'll do push/pull fan config on the front with low fin density 240 radiator. I'm still debating what I'll use for the top radiator. I've used their 120mm & 140mm Red Vortex fans in past builds and was pleased with their performance.

Factory page with details specs on the 120/140s, http://www.prolimatech.com/en/products/index.asp?itemid=11

Dimension: 120 x 120 x 15mm
Bearing Double Ball Bearing
Net Weight: 91g
Fan Speed: PWM 400 ~ 1300 RPM
Noise Level: 7~17 dBA
Airflow: 56 CFM
Connector: 4 PIN PWM
Rated Voltage: 12 V
Rated Current: 0.12 Max. Amp
Input Power: 1.44 W
Input Current: 0.12 Max. Amp
MTBF: 100,000 h / 35℃ or 60,000 h / 60℃
Static Pressure: 0.9 mmH2O

120mm Ultra Sleek Vortex 12

140mm Ultra Sleek Vortex 14

Oi Bill, fancy seeing you here! I suppose I can follow your build across both the Zoo

and our Insane Asylum here. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

-snip-

those are some cool looking fans! (pun intended) :D

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

those are some cool looking fans! (pun intended) :D

904.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks everybody for tuning in and watching!   .....annnnd good to see you too, alpenwasser! 

I received test sample sheet of printed vinyl wrap on Friday. The USS Enterprise will be cut out from the sheet, then applied over the Two tone painted Blue stripes, before the panel will be clear coated with Urethane clear. I did a test piece with a scrap Fractal Design side panel, to confirm the Black ink wouldn't react the urethane. The crease in the sheet was easily removed by re-applying the backing paper. The artwork has really tiny details, so this approach saves lots of time versus weeding out a stencil and being hand airbrushed.

Had inverted version made, just to see if I liked it instead of White over Black... still debating

TEST piece passed... (made sure Urethane clear wouldn't react to the Black ink)

The last picture with the white almost looks washed out (the edges with the wireframe), is that just due to the camera and angle?

Washed out.

I've decided to keep the other side simple and just go with the LCARS style blue stripes. I'm going to relocate the Nimoy image to the Black top grill, so I can have planet Vulcan airbrushed in the background. I shared a peek of this case in my latest VLOG. I also share my 2nd version of the clear replacement side panel for Phanteks Enthoo Primo.

I debated in the workshop before cutting the sheet and decided the White ship matched the overall theme best. My friend, Brad Galvin has been a huge mentor in teaching me custom paint techniques. I spent Thursday in his paint shop masking off the templates for right side panel and PSU shroud. The Enterprise NC-1701 font was found online and we used Brad's Roland Vinyl plotter to cut everything. We colored matched the two tone Blue LCARS style color bars to my concept drawing. 

phanteks_luxe_2_pro_star_trek_custom_pai

phanteks_luxe_3_pro_star_trek_custom_pai

phanteks_luxe_9g_pro_star_trek_custom_pa

The light Blue for the top LCARS color bar

phanteks_luxe_5_pro_star_trek_custom_pai

NCC-1701 vinyl will be weeded after Navy Blue paint coat

phanteks_luxe_6_pro_star_trek_custom_pai

phanteks_luxe_8_pro_star_trek_custom_pai

phanteks_luxe_9_pro_star_trek_custom_pai

Next stage is applying the Enterprise decal, then clear coating the panels. The Enterprise decal saved a lot of time versus making a stencil to airbrush by hand. It was printed with UV ink, and requires an enamel clear coat to seal it first with 24 hr cure time, before you apply Automotive Urethane clear.