EA raises $18,000 for AIDS research.

Lightning

omg lol

thats like

hahhaha

thats  an insult

reminds me of when Charlie Wilson game 5 million tax dollars to Pakistan to fight off the USSR xD

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

there are other calamities in the world stup putting money into people being stupid and getting std's

there are other calamities in the world stup putting money into people being stupid and getting std's

the thing is that

youve got people who get raped or born with AIDS from their mother

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Not to be rude, but what a bunch of inconsiderate kids you all are. $18.000 may not sound like a lot coming from a company like EA, but this was raised by EA employees, not by EA. It's a great, genuine gesture towards fellow humans and you just throw it away because of two capital letters that you've learned to hate.

the thing is that

youve got people who get raped or born with AIDS from their mother

true but still there are worse things going on in the world

http://www.gamespot.com//news/ea-raises-18000-for-aids-research-6412538

18k isn't going to do much.

Still, thats also money.

thats a misleading title

change it to

EA employees take part in recent 2013 AIDS Walk San Francisco.

Not to be rude, but what a bunch of inconsiderate kids you all are. $18.000 may not sound like a lot coming from a company like EA, but this was raised by EA employees, not by EA. It's a great, genuine gesture towards fellow humans and you just throw it away because of two capital letters that you've learned to hate.

I'd call them inconsiderate assholes

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Okay EA

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

My thoughts exactly. I'm sure at this point EA could do any good deed and they'd still get mass hate.

More than Valve raised that day ;)

My thoughts exactly. I'm sure at this point EA could do any good deed and they'd still get mass hate.

News: EA employees cure every disease known to man.

EA Haters: Going to have to try a bit harder than that...

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 (2x SP120 Quiet Edition)  Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz  PSU: Corsair AX850  GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

If they got rid of the DRM in their games, made origin usuable, put time and effort into their games instead of trying to rush them; then I would stop hating them. Also this isn't EA that did this. It's EA employes and I don't hate the people that are working for EA just because their management is aweful.

YAY GOOD JOB EA EMPLOYEES... THANKS FOR PUTTING TIME INTO MAKING A DIFFERENCE

^^ see what i did there, I didn't hold EA's negative characteristics against them... i thinks its good that they donated to aids research, an to those who think they didn't donate enough; how much have you donated to aids research? My point is EA doesn't deserve to be hated for trying to help...

Hm, it's worth pointing out that there are cures for AIDS, or HIV at least, out there. I mean, there are treatments capable of holding HIV that is detected early enough at bay that are well-used in the West, so really it's a distribution problem rather than a scientific one. The treatment exists, but there is no practical way to provide it to the hundreds of millions (billions even?) of people who are infected in places like Africa. Aside from those treatments, there are also actual cures - it is possible to perform a bone marrow transplant and cure a patient of the disease entirely. There are only a few documented cases where this procedure was successful however, and it is time consuming, expensive and invasive, but nevertheless there are cures and treatments that exist.

Not to take away from the efforts of people who raise money for AIDS research through events like this, I just can't help feeling that the money is being directed at the wrong problem. If we want to rid the world of the disease you need to halt its spread more than anything else. Even if we find a drug that cures the disease outright, the volume required to eliminate it would be staggering. The sad truth is that in places like Africa where AIDS is extremely prevalent, the culture is against the use of contraceptives and even the help of foreign aid workers, so the problem goes far beyond the need to find a "cure" for a disease we can already treat.

Very nice of the employees.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

Well, if you consider that they gave most of the people they're helping aids from screwing them over....

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

If they got rid of the DRM in their games, made origin usuable, put time and effort into their games instead of trying to rush them; then I would stop hating them. Also this isn't EA that did this. It's EA employes and I don't hate the people that are working for EA just because their management is aweful.

I know it was the employees, I'm just saying that anything associated with EA tends to get hated. Although I'd like to point out that EA did announce that they were no longer using online passes and nobody changed their attitude towards EA then.

Also please explain to me what's wrong with Origin, because I don't see any problems with it. So far the only reasons that people have given me are untrue or "it's not steam"

All that being said, I do hate EA for what's they do the industry.

18,000 dollars worth of condoms seems like a good solution to me.

it is because they are worried about there developers getting aids.

It makes them 0.001% better in my book.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

hey if you think they didn't donate enough ask your self... how much have you donated to aids?