• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BathSaltZombie

Windows 10 SLOOWWW boot

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey fellas,

just upgraded from win7 to win10 and its significantly slower than when i had windows 7.  I'm sure there are lots of people dealing with this, i want to hear what people have done to help or fix it.  From the time i hit my power button to my desktop loading is about 1 minute, before it was probably 15 seconds.  I have a SSD. 

-gigabyte z97mx gaming 5

-i5 4690k

-8gb vengeance  

-600w psu

-250gb ssd 

-windows 10

Short answer: clean install

Long answer: clean instaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallll

Just back up your crap, find time to do it and get it over with, it's totally worth it, upgrading always breaks at least something.

Couldn't say it better myself.

Feel free to use the guide in my signature.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

i have actually done a clean install but i have noticed my boot time is a bit slower that is was in 8.1. i removed the log in requirement but it still goes to that windows 10 boot screen that i didn't have to deal with before.

Do a Clean install of Windows 10 dude.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Do a Clean install of Windows 10 dude.

How do you do a clean install of Windows 10, when you upgraded from Windows 7???

I tried using the Key I got for Windows 10, it didn't accept it :/

Intel i5-7600K  | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  |  MSI H110 PC MATE  |  2x8GB Crucial Ballistix LT Sport 2400MHz  | MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X 11GB Radeon HD 7770 1GBDark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | Toshiba 250GB 2.5" Drive -Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive |  

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | VEGA 11 | ASUS P106-100 6GB V1 | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Samsung 120GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 450W PSU |

How do you do a clean install of Windows 10, when you upgraded from Windows 7???

I tried using the Key I got for Windows 10, it didn't accept it :/

You should upgrade from Windows 7 and should get activation confirmation. To check Go to Settings-->Update & Security-->Activation. Check if it is activated or not.

Then do clean install. It won't accept the key at the time of fresh installation. So you might have to skip the key entry at first. Also at second place at the time of setup.

At final, you won't be asked any key. Because it will fetch the key from the motherboard. This will only work if you activate at first.

This is what happened to my system.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.