Home-made wooden case.

Jambls

-SNIP-

Try with a sacrificial backerboard that you use to drill into through your workpiece it will help prevent having that tearout.

Try with a sacrificial backerboard that you use to drill into through your workpiece it will help prevent having that tearout.

He is using a sacrificial piece of wood.

I am doing that, however, I am not clamping it down which I am going to do when I do the actual top and sides.

I get wood when I like

That's What She Said ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I finally finished sanding the crap off my frame. the weather here has been awful most of the time so I haven't had much time to work on it, but it is done, so now so I can get on to the fun stuff.

JvopGpd.jpg

It was sunny today so all of today's pictures will be overexposed. The wood is whiter than I expected after sanding.

TDvmB6E.jpg

Another angle

S70I6uw.jpg

And the obligatory pic with the dog.

That's all for today, folks. I hope to varnish this weekend but there is other plans that might happen. Ugh. Life.

-snip-

Looking good, keep up the good work :D

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Looks good, but I didn't know that Scots could build things.  :P

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Sub'd entertaining so far keep it up

CPU: i7 - 5930k  GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti  MOBO: MSI XPower AC X99 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB  Boot Drive: M.2 SM951 512GB Storage: 850 Pro 1TB SSD PSU: EVGA 1000W Case: TT Core X9 CPU Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate Case Fans: 2x Cooler Master 200mm Fan, 5x Cougar Vortex 120mm, 4x Be quiet! Pure Wings 140mm Peripherals: Corsair K70 and G5 Mouse

• 2 weeks later...

So I spent this weekend playing GTA V on my PC with 2 netburst cores. It ran about 30 fps in the countryside when I was not moving. In the city, driving fast was about 10fps with cars that kept jumping sort of. I wouldn't really consider this "playable" but I love open world driving games so much, I ignored it. IT was too much fun to get any work on the case done. I did get some clear satin varnish, and it will be used next time the weather is nice enough (and I can tear myself away from GTA).

So I spent this weekend playing GTA V on my PC with 2 netburst cores. It ran about 30 fps in the countryside when I was not moving. In the city, driving fast was about 10fps with cars that kept jumping sort of. I wouldn't really consider this "playable" but I love open world driving games so much, I ignored it. IT was too much fun to get any work on the case done. I did get some clear satin varnish, and it will be used next time the weather is nice enough (and I can tear myself away from GTA).

Wow I can barealy stand 30fps, how can u play at 10...

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Wow I can barealy stand 30fps, how can u play at 10...

u can:D we had some netbooks in school, played everything on it for the sake of playing although some ran at these numbers

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Finished making the panels fit. Some of them were a little too big and required trimming. The next step is to glue the frame then varnish it. After that, the hardest thing is doing the holes for airflow then is is plain sailing from then on. Hopefully. I am having trouble keeping myself motivated because it feels like nothings happening. Soon things will start to appear to happen. Soon.

B42CfgZ.jpg

What it is going to look like on the outside for all the panels.

pKgdzNl.jpg

The inside.

D5C990x.jpg

The nuisance helpful hound.

you have very beautiful grass m9.15

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Looks pretty good so far! Good luck on the rest!  :D  :D  :D

~~ Intel Xeon E5-2696 v4, Asus X99-A II, Adata 2x8 GB, EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW, InWin 303, Dell U3415W~~

Y u no tag me/tell me about this :(

jk :P

It looks very very nice :D I wanna see the final result :P

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

-snip-

not sure if i'm late or not but you can get a wood like putty that you can use to fill in the holes that you want to fill in and fix other stuff that happens in the process of making the holes

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Update:

Yesterday I put the first coat of varnish onto the frame. I was planning on doing the second one today but the weather has been horrible and since I have no space in my house for messy things, and nowhere else to do it, I will have to do it later.

Update:

Yesterday I put the first coat of varnish onto the frame. I was planning on doing the second one today but the weather has been horrible and since I have no space in my house for messy things, and nowhere else to do it, I will have to do it later.

oh non-southern California weather always raining on people's parades... putting a damper on things... clouding your thoughts/goals.... I got nothing

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

oh non-southern California weather always raining on people's parades... putting a damper on things... clouding your thoughts/goals.... I got nothing

Where I live, it is not just a case of "It's not a desert", oh no, I live in Scotland, right next to the sea. It spends more time raining here than all the other weather combined. The only good thing about where I live is that you can buy fish that was caught 8-12 hours before you are eating it.

Where I live, it is not just a case of "It's not a desert", oh no, I live in Scotland, right next to the sea. It spends more time raining here than all the other weather combined. The only good thing about where I live is that you can buy fish that was caught 8-12 hours before you are eating it.

can i live in like the basement? or closet?

fish are the only things with brains i like to eat, and i love seafood. :3

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen