Project Titan - Confirmation Apple are building self-driving car?

Murdoch
  • 1 month later...

Source 1: http://venturebeat.com/2015/09/21/apple-reportedly-approves-electric-car-project-for-2019-release/

Source 2: http://www.wsj.com/articles/apple-speeds-up-electric-car-work-1442857105

According to a Wall Street Journal article (source #2), Apple has just approved a project to build an electric car and have it be road-ready by 2019. The project is known as "Project Titan." On top of this, Apple has also tripled the current 600 employees already on the project, so that means there's around 1,800 or so people working on the Apple car. Supposedly this move into the car business has been in talks for the past year

Apple entering the car business is something that we've all joked about, but it looks like it's coming into fruition. If this were any other company doing this, I'd say they would lose money, big time. But this is Apple we're talking about. Apple is one of the few companies that could really making this take off, for them at least. Will they be able to compete with Tesla? Honestly probably not, but if they want to try to, go right on ahead. I think the price of the Apple car will be a huge turn off for most people. I know it'll be an expensive car because 1) it'll be an electric car and 2) it's Apple. I still find this move by Apple to be a confusing, but if they think they can do it, why not?

(Obviously not an official render)

cd8f6627c5.jpg

COMIC SANS

i really hope they dont fuck the design up. Im expecting bad exterior, badass interior. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

i would trust them to make something that works well

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i bet there just doing this so they can sue google over some stupid patent

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

i really hope they dont fuck the design up. Im expecting bad exterior, badass interior. 

This is Apple we're talking about. They won't deliver a product that doesn't look good, both externally and internally. I have a strong distaste for Apple, but I love their simplistic design. It just looks so nice, but the price tag turns me away every time.

COMIC SANS

This scares me

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

It's ugly AF

It's unlikely I can afford one, giving how they price their products. :lol:

This is Apple we're talking about. They won't deliver a product that doesn't look good, both externally and internally. I have a strong distaste for Apple, but I love their simplistic design. It just looks so nice, but the price tag turns me away every time.

not sure why i just have a gutt feeling that they are going to do something silly

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Like I said in my OP, that's not an official render.

It still is though :P

I joked about it , but knew that i'd would happen eventually .

The only thing that im guessing right now is Mercedes is going to make fun of apple huge time.....

Hell might as well throw Tesla for extra credit.

anyway , im not a big fan of apple no matter how much my father and my mother and my other siblings try to impose the '' Le bock of aluminum '' .

(⌐■_■) 

2019, the year people will think car was invented. I'm joking, I'm quite interested how it's gonna turn out, and you can bet it's gonna be expensive.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

i would trust them to make something that works well

Works well... as long as you use it exactly as Apple intended for it to be used.

Like maybe they will have to approve the roads you are going to drive on beforehand, and if you drive on a non-Apple-approved road the car automatically shuts down.

It would be really interesting to see Apple make a car. Even if their car ends up sucking it will probably stir the car industry in one way or another.

So like if one part breaks you have to buy a whole new car?

Cars have been like that for years. Or rather -- the replacement part is often so expensive to buy and fit that it's cheaper to buy a new car.

Works well... as long as you use it exactly as Apple intended for it to be used.

Like maybe they will have to approve the roads you are going to drive on beforehand, and if you drive on a non-Apple-approved road the car automatically shuts down.

This is why I can't take Apple criticism on this forum seriously. You should say this stuff out loud before you press the send button, or have your PC narrate it to you.

It's ugly AF

(Obviously not an official render)

It still is though :P

This is why I can't take Apple criticism on this forum seriously. You should say this stuff out loud before you press the send button, or have your PC narrate it to you.

I just made Microsoft Sam read it out loud to me and it sounded great!

Didn't think I needed to add sarcasm to my post but apparently Poe's law is still going strong.