Legit GPU deals on Alibaba?

So I was hoping I could get some feedback from the knowledgable LTT community on this. If you go to Alibaba.com, which is basically the Eastern Amazon, and search for high end Nvidia GPUs, you can find some amazing deals. Almost every different 980 ti, and several Titan x's among many others. Most of these require you buy them in bulk but a few sellers let you buy 1 at a time. Now I'm talking $300 980 ti's and $400 Titan x's, basically factory price. I messaged one of these sellers(this guy in Germany) and he was ready to box one up an EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti SC ACX 2.0+ for $300 including shipping, ship it directly to my house in California with a supposed 2 year warranty. I didn't do it though cause it just seemed too good to be true. I was hoping someone here could give me some info or feedback on this because if its legit it would be an absolute miracle. Does anyone know about this?

(Sorry if this topic has been covered on a different thread, I couldn't find any like it)

If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I don't know anything about it though unfortunately. 

SNIP

Alibaba is basically the wild west of shopping, there are many genuine sellers but no guarantees what you get is what it should be, could be fake

Though if you pay with paypal or a credit card you could probably get your money back

http://andrewminalto.com/top-10-alibaba-scams/

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

That good of a deal seems shady af. I'd stay away but if you have the money to burn you could roll the dice.

Its in bulk that is why its so cheap.  basically you have to buy 50 or so cards to get each one at that price.

HTID

Legit GPU deals on Alibaba?

hG6GkZE.jpg

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Its in bulk that is why its so cheap.  basically you have to buy 50 or so cards to get each one at that price.

Not all of the sellers operate that way

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Though if you pay with paypal or a credit card you could probably get your money back

PayPal service is a nightmare lmao, but thats a whole new topic

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

PayPal service is a nightmare lmao, but thats a whole new topic

true but it does offer some protection

if you show them its a fake, 95% chances your money is given back

my brothers and friend in my group use it almost monthly

it has bad reputation back before, but the company seeing the potential from online shopping

most scammer back in the day was mainly for bootleg DVD/music which basically pirated version from china

however for parts, just to be sure about the warranty because most of time, it doesn't exist.
if you get working products and defective days later it won't be covered by your local distributor.

Pretty sure they're more of an ebay rather than an Amazon.

Alibaba is actually a lot like Amazon only significantly bigger. They do have their own warehouses with thier own stuff and just like Amazon they also have 3rd party sellers. There were having massive problems just a few months ago with a lot of high end items still being fakes.

Ya like I said you can find plenty of sellers that don't require you to buy in bulk, also the guy that I was talking with didn't offer Paypal. He only deals through Western Union and Moneygram which is obviously not a good sign at all. I know that its risky but like I said it would be a godsend if it were true. The seller had been on Alibaba for over 2 years but no idea if thats worth anything

So it kinda seems like no one really knows if this is legit or not. Oh, also I was talking to him on Skype and I'm pretty familiar with how shadeballs act and he wasn't. He was a middle aged dude with a short beard and normally dressed, but, once again, thats probably not worth much

I've never ordered from them and I've ordered from a lot of shady sites. That should mean something. 

Ya like I said you can find plenty of sellers that don't require you to buy in bulk, also the guy that I was talking with didn't offer Paypal. He only deals through Western Union and Moneygram which is obviously not a good sign at all. I know that its risky but like I said it would be a godsend if it were true. The seller had been on Alibaba for over 2 years but no idea if thats worth anything

Just sounds like there's a major chance you'll be ripped off but that's just my opinion Looking at the facts.   980TI $300 Western Union and you personally skyped with him to try and gain trust in him. how many legit sellers would even skype with a potential customer i just find that weird personally. But lets be honest at that price its either Stolen somehow or Fake  there's not $400.00 of profit going to the resellers  in the USA that sell them for 650  so this guy isnt selling them legitimately for $300.00 

Definitely fake. The whole sale price for a gtx 980ti is around $300. People wouldn't just send you stuff for free or at a loss.

• 10 months later...

ITS FRAUD! I got frauded, dont spend a cent theough western union . NEVER!

• 8 months later...
On 6/25/2016 at 8:08 PM, Genuineer said:

ITS FRAUD! I got frauded, dont spend a cent theough western union . NEVER!

Dude really? I mean did you paid via Paypal or WU? Can you just briefly tell me what happened? Because I just made a payment and read this thread.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah I got scammed for £175 back in the day when I was new to Alibaba. I was stupid enough to send money via western union for a graphics card. I wanted to see if it was legit or not. They didn't get back to me when they said they would and in the end I contacted them. They said there was a problem and they had to send 2 graphics cards for some reason. They went to a lot of effort setting up a fake website for shipping and tracking, giving me a code so I could track it but I kinda knew when I saw the website that something wasn't right. They then contacted me saying that my graphics cards had arrived at a port in England and that they weren't going to release it until I paid for the second graphics card they had sent. I told them no and they kept pushing and pushing for me to send them more money but I wasn't going to fall for it. I told them that I ordered 1 graphics card not 2 however if two arrived I was more then happy to pay for the second one but I was not willing to give them any more money while I had no proof that they even existed. They wouldn't let it go and the funny thing is that they just kept saying it was in the port of England. When I asked him which port I will call them and confirm there is a package he couldn't answer me. It was a cheeky £175 I lost but it taught me a lesson. NEVER SEND MONEY WITH WESTERN UNION if you don't personally know the guy you are sending it to. If you are in doubt look up the company and contact them directly. I have actually since then made a nice little business using alibaba buying whole sale items from the manufacturers and selling on amazon. That's what it's about. Alibaba brings manufacturers together, it's a retailer's dream. My advice is to use it to start a business and when that business starts to generate passive money you can go and buy a couple of titan XPs. Good luck and be safe 

I use aliexpress to get cheap stuff that is not usually available here(India), but I would advise against making big purchases like a gpu or mobile phones. Delivery times are too long and there are several instances of packages being lost or never being sent at all (although I have received all my stuff till now, just way too slowly).