How much do you care and would spend on audio

toben67

I guess I would go ham and spend tons of money on audio if I didn't game. I mean spend $500 on audio when you can get another graphics card or a CPU upgrade

I guess I would go ham and spend tons of money on audio if I didn't game. I mean spend $500 on audio when you can get another graphics card or a CPU upgrade

You'd be surprised at how big of a difference a nice pair of headphones can make in the gaming experience. I would argue that it makes a bigger difference for the positive than anything else, once you can game on high/ultra at 60fps...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I was choice 3 until last week when I turned into choice 5 (E1 Muses Edition MkII + HD 800). 

How do you like the HD800?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

You'd be surprised at how big of a difference a nice pair of headphones can make in the gaming experience. I would argue that it makes a bigger difference for the positive than anything else, once you can game on high/ultra at 60fps...

Agreed 100%. Audio is often over looked in the gaming experience. And its one of those things that once you get what you think sounds amazing, you wont need to upgrade/replace it till it no longer works.

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

Agreed 100%. Audio is often over looked in the gaming experience. And its one of those things that once you get what you think sounds amazing, you wont need to upgrade/replace it till it no longer works.

So is it one of those thing you should consider after your getting ultra 60fps ect. or you can spend $500 on audio with a $600 pc setup

So is it one of those thing you should consider after your getting ultra 60fps ect. or you can spend $500 on audio with a $600 pc setup

xD I'm guilty of this, my audio setup costs more than my pc when I should grab a second 980 or upgrade to 980ti to play at 3440x1440.

Up to you. I dont know what your income looks like or you bills or anything about your financial situation is like. All I can say is, it was well worth it for me to get the headphones I have. They have the sound signature I like and sound amazing to me and are comfortable. They add a lot to my gaming and music experience and will last many pc upgrades/builds. My advice is to get what you can afford and are willing to pay for. Come up with your audio budget and then let us know. You'll get so many recommondation you'll want to curl up in a little ball and cry :)

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

Up to you. I dont know what your income looks like or you bills or anything about your financial situation is like. All I can say is, it was well worth it for me to get the headphones I have. They have the sound signature I like and sound amazing to me and are comfortable. They add a lot to my gaming and music experience and will last many pc upgrades/builds. My advice is to get what you can afford and are willing to pay for. Come up with your audio budget and then let us know. You'll get so many recommondation you'll want to curl up in a little ball and cry :)

So will getting beradynamics instead of razer krakens make you better at cs:go

No, CSGO sound system sorta blows. CSGO is about skill, that's why pro's can use sponsored headsets and still be amazing. It would be like saying if I got the best sneaker's in the world, I would be able to run way faster, when I would run the same as before.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Nothing will make me better at cs:go

No, CSGO sound system sorta blows. CSGO is about skill, that's why pro's can use sponsored headsets and still be amazing. It would be like saying if I got the best sneaker's in the world, I would be able to run way faster, when I would run the same as before.

I disagree, actually. I was playing like ass at CS when I was using a really nice pair of closed headphones, but as soon as I got my new open backs in the mail, I started top fragging again. For some reason, I can't play CS well without a pair of good open backs/iems. The reflections and resonances inherent with closed back really screws my brain up.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I disagree, actually. I was playing like ass at CS when I was using a really nice pair of closed headphones, but as soon as I got my new open backs in the mail, I started top fragging again. For some reason, I can't play CS well without a pair of good open backs/iems. The reflections and resonances inherent with closed back really screws my brain up.

Could be you just improved... :o

I've never experienced top end audio quality, so I wouldn't know. 

I've never experienced top end audio quality, so I wouldn't know. 

See if you have any local hi-fi stores, they would be happy to give you a demo. It certainly opened my ears and wallet...

I played CoD4 competitively. Even won a fair lot of local tournaments and almost made it to the quarter finals in our national tournament (mind you, the FPS scene in here, to this day, is like an ant compared to our DotA or LoL scene... hell, even HoN was bigger than the FPS scene at some point) all thanks to a pair of nice headphones that allowed me to soundwhore like crazy that the competition thought I had wall hacks. And yeah, I went all over the country to compete back then. Now... if only I could remember those headphones. They weren't gaming headsets, thats for sure.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

Nah. When I was using hd650, I was consistently in the top one or two in my rank. When I went to the denons, I actually downranked, even though I was trying my best, I was bottom dragging all the time. Then I got my he-500,i ranked back up and play well in my rank.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I played CoD4 competitively. Even won a fair lot of local tournaments and almost made it to the quarter finals in our national tournament (mind you, the FPS scene in here, to this day, is like an ant compared to our DotA or LoL scene... hell, even HoN was bigger than the FPS scene at some point) all thanks to a pair of nice headphones that allowed me to soundwhore like crazy that the competition thought I had wall hacks. And yeah, I went all over the country to compete back then. Now... if only I could remember those headphones. They weren't gaming headsets, thats for sure.

A friend of mine does that with Sony mdr-v6...(he still plays cod 4)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

A friend of mine does that with Sony mdr-v6...(he still plays cod 4)

I remember those headphones now, it was the CD900ST that I used back then. Sure, for studio monitoring, the soundstage would leave alot to be desired... but the positional accuracy, though. Its like I can tell if its 2 o'clock or 2:10, despite that I really, really, REALLY had to get close enough to get some decent sound on their footsteps.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

If you have sharp ears, yes. You can have the sharpest ears, but if you're using a bad set of cans... you're as good as deaf.

Eh, depends on the person, I use DT 990's friend used Siberia V2's and recently upgraded to HD 598's and still around the same performance wise. Maybe you were just on point those game's.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Eh, depends on the person, I use DT 990's friend used Siberia V2's and recently upgraded to HD 598's and still around the same performance wise. Maybe you were just on point those game's.

That could very well be. It's just odd for me, because it was over the course of two or three months...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

How do you like the HD800?

To be perfectly honest, the only way I could order it was online and I still didn't get it. I took all of the necessary precautions to make sure that if I didn't like the sound of it I could send it back and get refunded. I currently own a PC360 so it's not an audiophile grade headset, but with the E1 they really sound much better.