What was the first game you ever played on PC.

sim city 2000  I belive, I loved destroying cities as a kid as well as rollercoaster tycoon.

the game that converted me to pc gaming was neverwinter nights

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

pong i think, DOS 5.0 (might confuse it with Commodore!? )

and then there was "leisure suit Larry" late 80s

And WHO remembers "stunts" ?????? :D

stunts1.gif

In an age where I didn't know the internet, Either the legendary Pinball or Sims Urbz'*!  ;)

Well the first game I actually played (that I have a memory of) is Hype:Time Quest.

Edit: I'm wrong, it was Star Wars Rouge Squadron 3D.  Had to ask my mom lol I would have gotten this for Christmas 1998 wow.

Minecraft (And I didn't pay for it until 3 years later!)

Bill: i5-4690K - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz (2x8GB) RAM - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + Samsung 850 EVO 120GB SSD -  MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition - NZXT H440 - EVGA GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 - CX600M - NZXT Hue RGB LED kit

How-To-Gaming CommunityJoin Here

Im not 100% sure what the very first one was.  I mostly remember playing a golf game and a helicopter simulating game.  I remember flying chinooks and apache's.  Back then I had to install the games each time I played them from a floppy disk and used dos commands to launch them LOL, I was a wee lad.  Looking back I am surprised that I was able to figure that stuff out at such a young age!  But my first "obsessive" PC gaming experience was diablo.

edit: After some research I found the helicopter game, it was called LHX attack chopper.  It had an osprey though not a chinook, oops(I just remember the dual rotors!)

Here is a sweet youtube vid on it:

edit: After some research I found the helicopter game, it was called LHX attack chopper.  It had an osprey though not a chinook, oops(I just remember the dual rotors!)

completely forgot about LHX, and that "evil laugh" at the beginning of the game LoL

Wolfenstein_3D_-_2002_-_BAM_Entertainmen

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

First game i played was Captain Claw. I loved the gameplay because it is intensive and sometimes i found it very difficult to pass some levels.  :D

The first one I ever bought: Demon's Forge (1987)

Play it on the Internet Archive: https://archive.org/details/msdos_Demons_Forge_1987

It came on a 5-1/2" floppy disk with the DOS version on one side and Apple II version on the other. The Apple version had several save games already on it. It's an extremely difficult adventure game, some of the puzzles have really obscure solutions.

My first PC game was Adiboo, which was an education PC game from 1998 or so. I was only 2-3 years old I believe!

First game I remember the name of is Roller Coaster Tycoon

*Wolfenstein 3D*

Ditto! Just as this thread was making me feel old lol :D

*high five*

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

It was either Darby the Dragon or Claw

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 12 Threads Motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING RAM 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 GPU 11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Case be quiet! White OS Linux Mint Cinnamon

Maybe The Oregon Trail, on an Apple II at school in the late 80's, if that counts. I also remember sort of playing a Populous game on an old computer of some kind, the screen colour of which was only orange and black.

But for contemporary "PC" computer games, I recall playing Test Drive 3, Stunts, and Ski or Die at a friend's house sometime in the very early 1990's. I also played Wolfenstein 3D at the same friends house likely in 1992.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

I can't pinpoint the exact game, but my earliest memories are of playing stuff like Zool, Jazz Jackrabbit, Supaplex, Hocus Pocus, Monster Bash, EcoQuest, and Zoombinis. Oh, and Vinyl Goddess From Mars. Who lets their five year old play a game like that? Answer: My parents. 

“Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?”

I played Aladdin on my dads roommate's laptop when I was like 4, but the first game I actually played was the original Dungeon Siege. So many hours were spent with mods, and pots. 

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B