Shuttle XPC build questions

Hi, not sure if im in the right place to post this, mods please move if you see fit.

I was given a Shuttle XPC barebones because my friend thought the power supply doesnt work anymore. I dusted it off, cleaned the inside and plugged the power supply in and it turned on. I dont think theres anything wrong with the power supply, but if it does crap out I can always get a new one.

The computer is pretty old, but if i put a decent graphics card in there it should still play most of the modern games out there. Im just a casual gamer and I dont need all the settings to be on ultra high preset (hell when I play D3 or Path of Exile I turn all the graphic settings to low since my laptop cant handle it and I think its fine)

Just wonder what kind of graphics card should I get that wont be overkill and still be able to play games.

The Shuttle is a SN27P2 and it has an AMD 64 X2 processer in there. Im not sure what the clock speed is. If i remember its somewhere around 3ghz

FORM FACTOR: Shuttle Form Factor

PROCESSOR: AMD Sempron Athlon 64/ 64FX/ 64 X2 Processor

CHIPSET: NVIDIA nForce 570

MEMORY: 4 x DDR2 533/667/800 Dual Ch. DIMM

AUDIO: Realtek 882 7.1 Ch. HD Audio

IEEE1394 (FireWire): VIA 6307

STORAGE INTERFACE: IDE/SATA

DRIVE BAYS: 2 x 3.5" bay (Internal) 1 x 5.25" bay, 1 x 3.5" bay

DIMENSIONS: 325(L) x 220(W) x 210(H) mm

POWER: 400W

One more thing I forgot to add, The power supply only have 1 6 pin connector for the graphics card

I would look at something like a 7770 or a 650. Both of those are around 100 USD and only require 1 6 pin power connector. The only thing with those cards is that a 400w power supply is the minimum recommended, which could be an issue if the power supply in your PC is low quality (I really don't know anything about Shuttle PC's).

example 650: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130827

example 7770: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202011

"Wisdom III" AMD FX 8120 @ 4.1Ghz // Biostar TA990FXE // 16GB GeIL Black Dragon (8x2) // Saphire HD 7870 OC Edition // CORSAIR TX850M // Curcial M4 64GB (boot) // Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB (storage) // Cooler Master Hyper N 520 // Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

• 2 weeks later...

I went ahead and bought a MSI R7770 gHz edition. Found 2x1gb of DDR3 667 at home, bought 2gb of adata DDR2 800, and my friend gave me 2gb of Kingston DDR2 800 for a combined of 6gb. Not the best combination, but it will work for now.

Hooked everything up and it fired right up. Ran Prime 95 and furmark for a bit for a burn test and everything seems stable. Played Diablo3 and Path of Exile and it runs pretty good...but the biggest bottleneck seems to be the CPU. This dual core AMD 3.00ghz isnt really up for the job.

I will use this computer for now, but Im looking in getting a new case, mini ITX MB, processer and ram later on. Build my self a little mid range gaming rig. Im really liking the Cubitek Linus used for his GTX Titan build