will people please stop using the word cancer....

arronleeds

I see many post where people are using the word cancer to describe something and i really do not appreciate it (my family members have died from it,infact 2 in the past 3 years), cancer is not a joke and should not be referred to in stupid posts and comments. that is all

MOD NOTE

Thanks to the few members that bothered reporting this. This thread is going nowhere and therefore is locked.

Using 'cancer' or a derivative thereof is common speaking language. If, however, it's used as a personal insult, make sure to report the incident. Such things are NOT allowed and WILL be dealt with.

Edited by MG2R

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

Nope.

It's just like people using gay (and all other words for it like faggot), autistic and retarded to describe things/people, they wont ever stop.

I don't think anyone should be offended by this stuff

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

if you're gonna use the word cancer to describe something, quite frankly i think you're disgusting and need to grow up

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

I'm with the majority with this, making "Cancer" some sort of taboo word isn't going to stop people dying from it.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

Cancer can be both a diseases and refere to something sinister, that is hard to eradicate

I hate to refere people to the dictonary, but this is from the Oxford Dictonary's definition of cancer

[COUNT NOUN] An evil or destructive practice or phenomenon that is hard to contain or eradicate:

racism is a cancer sweeping across Europe

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/cancer

I'm sorry to hear about your family members, but sometimes common language has to come before personal feelings.

Also, is this really a rampant problem? I have only seen one thread use the word in all my time on this forum.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

i would like you to stop using the word post, i was hit by a fence post last week and am offended.

we all have words and such that annoy us but we have to learn to live with it, not everyone is the same as you. Im sorry for your loss but there are lots of words that have more then one usage.

People get offended too easely. Life is different everywhere and nobody other than your close ones care about your feelings . I'm sorry .

I'm with the majority with this, making cancer some sort of taboo word isn't going to stop people dieing from it.

not the point though, if your mum for example died of cancer, would you still use it to describe stuff?

not the point though, if your mum for example died of cancer, would you still use it to describe stuff?

yes.

People get offended too easely. Life is different everywhere and nobody other than your close ones care about your feelings . I'm sorry .

offended too easily? you serious.... ive had people tell me to die of cancer and you really think I get offended too easily? im getting pretty peed off now.

yes.

well you're an awful person then.

can an admin delete this thread, quite frankly disgusted with people on this thread, i didnt expect people to be on the other side, lost all respect. 

if you're gonna use the word cancer to describe something, quite frankly i think you're disgusting and need to grow up

The disease "cancer" was named that way because it's very cancerous , not the other way around . The word existed long before the disease was invented . For example in my language it means really really bad. For example weather can be "cancer" meaning it's very hot/cold .

well you're an awful person then.

thats not a nice thing to say, see i will use words were there appropriate and apt for description, eg this twitch chat is cancerous. not because i want to offend people but because its an apt analogy. its all about intent, people who aren't intending to offend shouldn't be punished because you are offended. 

Dude.. you can't get offended on the internet, or you'll have a bad time/life. Internet is cancer.

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900 

but people usually use it for the wrong reasons, cant people grow up and use the word pathetic or stupid, like instead of "oh this game is cancer", say "this game is pathetic", theres just no need for it at all, maturity costs nothing.

Even if i would have one i would not stop using it for flame.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4 GHz                                                 Case: Fractal Design Define R5                       SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250gb          Monitor:  Benq GL2760        
   GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (+140 Core|+400 Mem)               Motherboard: Msi Z97-G5                                 HDD: WD blue 1TB                             CPU Cooler:  Hyper 412s
      RAM: 16GB HyperX DDR3 1600MHz                                PSU: Cooler Master v850                                 Storage: Adata HV610 1TB                  OS: Windows 10           

It's a word with multiple meanings, one of them being the unfortunate medical condition. It's like when I call people retarded, it's not meant to be offensive, it's just a word we use to describe something. Using cancer as an adjective is actually correct though.

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Sure, I'll let the rest of the internet know when we all get together and have our weekly meeting.

dont come here with stupid comments, grow up.

offended too easily? you serious.... ive had people tell me to die of cancer and you really think I get offended too easily? im getting pretty peed off now.

You said people use the word to describe things , not insult you :|

For example i used it to describe how OP Nader is in Dirty Bomb , being cancer to the game ...

You said people use the word to describe things , not insult you :|

For example i used it to describe how OP Nader is in Dirty Bomb , being cancer to the game ...

people use it both ways.... to offend and to describe.