What made you watch/join LinusTechTips?

lazydog

Started researching parts for a (then-still-a-distant-future) PC build in 2012. LinusTechTips was among the videos. Never thought much of LTT until 2013. As for the forums, I was gonna join in 2013 too but never got around to it until last December.

I started with TechQuickie and then got interested in the main channel. The humor in the videos kept me watching them, and I eventually decided to join the forums (even though I barely post).

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

Youtube search returned me this guy when I searched 'what's in my photo bag' or something like that. This was like 2 years ago. I think I checked some other videos after that as well and liked the style of presentation and so on. Although I miss unboxings because I was building new PC at that time and there were a lot of small videos about many items. Maybe Linus could have separate unboxing channel with not so much effort on video/editing quality. I miss comments about smaller stuff that is not covered now etc.

7950x3d | Corsair H170i Elite LCD XT | ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHz | ASUS GeForce RTX 4090 ROG Strix O24G | Samsung 990 PRO 2TB  | Corsair AX1500i | Corsair 7000D Airflow | Simucube 2 Pro + Sparco P310 + Sparco R345 + SMC SMV1 + Ascher Racing F64 V2 | Fanatec CSS V 1.5 | HE Ultimate+ | HE Sim Handbrake | Sim-Lab P1 | DSD Race King II | Valve Index