What unpopular tech opinions do you have?

Mao_Zedong

That Razer is shit. That's unpopular here in my country because everyone here talks to you if you have a Razer product. I have the Electra and Blackwidow 2013... they're garbage.

That no one should use TN panels on anything nowadays.

I7-2600k (back to stock lol) + Noctua NH-D14 | Asus GTX 560 DC | Asus P8Z68 V/GEN3 | G.Skill RipjawsX 1333 Mhz 2x4 GB

CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer | ThermalTake ToughPower Grand 750W | LG IPS237L | Razer BlackWidow 2013 | Razer Electra

[WD Caviar Blue 500 GB | Hitachi 260 GB | Seagate 120 GB | Toshiba 300 GB] <Generic mousepad & a wireless Logitech mouse T_T>

I could never understand why people use Linux as their full time operating system.  I'm genuinely curious why people are so enthusiastic about it. Yes, I have used it several times and installed ubuntu dual boot onto a number of my computers. But it's always just a pain in the ass to do everything.

Apple is the best! No viruses! No troubleshooting!  Overpaying is ok if you are paying for quality!

Viruses and/or Malware DO exist on Macs. My friend has about a million pop-ups with every tab he opens when web browsing. You are paying for build quality and a pretty OS (that can do little that windows cannot do, personal preference as to ease of use). That may be important to some, but IMO getting better hardware for your money is better.

Budget ssds are actually fine, and you will never notice a difference in real life use.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

- Apple make the best desktop OS

- Macs and MacBooks are very good and are not overpriced (besides the new MacBook)

- windows 8.1 is a good OS

- corsair keyboards are not as good as their competitors

- windows phone is/was a nice mobile OS

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

- Apple make the best desktop OS

- Macs and MacBooks are very good and are not overpriced (besides the new MacBook)

- windows 8.1 is a good OS

- corsair keyboards are not as good as their competitors

- windows phone is/was a nice mobile OS

i agree with the apple stuff.

I'm set on my opinion that states that Apple makes the best laptops ever. just buy a macbook, put windows on it and bam boss laptop

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

I could never understand why people use Linux as their full time operating system.  I'm genuinely curious why people are so enthusiastic about it. Yes, I have used it several times and installed ubuntu dual boot onto a number of my computers. But it's always just a pain in the ass to do everything.

ikr, I only used it for the easy IDE setup. But if you're not coding then it's just a bit crap

i agree with the apple stuff.

I'd also add that I love the Mac G3, which a lot of people seem to dislike these days (I've still got a blueberry one in the loft with the colour coordinated puck mouse and keyboard, fully working as well.)

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I have 3 more:

• PWM fans are unnecessary, voltage control worked just fine(since it was PWM!). I view it as DRM for fans.
  • uEFI was a step back in technology. It literally didn't benefit anything, but over complicated things in some cases.
  • The "good ol' days"(95 to 2009) were the best times for computing, as companies weren't afraid to try new things(remember the ECS boards that had an add in card to make intel boards support AMD chips? I do! I also miss the purple PCBs and bright colors all manufactures used to use).

I agree on the UEFI, it's now just hard to do everything without a mouse

I'd also add that I love the Mac G3, which a lot of people seem to dislike these days (I've still got a blueberry one in the loft with the colour coordinated puck mouse and keyboard, fully working as well.)

i love it too! it is my fav old apple computer.

iPhones aren't really all that great, their just too locked down for my tastes

I have no clue why professional users prefer a Mac, PCs do the same crap for less money(I think Linus will definitely agree with me)

IE isn't that bad

I wish there were all-in-ones or smaller computers with expand ability in mind, my all-in-one really is very slow on games

Consoles I think should be the same, just have biyearly upgrade packeges with an expansion port, it's that easy

Even tough android 2.3 gingerbread was and still is limited there was a time where I enjoyed it more than 4.1 jelly bean. 

Viruses and/or Malware DO exist on Macs. My friend has about a million pop-ups with every tab he opens when web browsing. You are paying for build quality and a pretty OS (that can do little that windows cannot do, personal preference as to ease of use). That may be important to some, but IMO getting better hardware for your money is better.

I know. I was very sarcastic

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

I like Mac. I got a Mac Book Pro Retina 13 in May and I have to say I really love it. For work, it does precisely that. My problem with Windows laptop is that Windows Laptops are plain inferior in battery life and overall performance.

I'll never buy a Win for work again ^^ Win is now officially gaming only.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Because AMD is obselete and not worth paying for with what they are offering CPU wise.

Intel makes the only CPU which you can justify paying for right now.

This is neither unpopular nor opinion, this is Popular Fact. ​My unpopular opinion is that the 980 still holds a place in the market. I like going by a particular phrase JayzTwoCents used in one of his videos: Buy the best graphics card you can afford for your system, that makes sense for what you'll use it for.​​

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

1. That none of the quad core Intel processor's are worth the money they charge and most people should either go for the fx 6300, 8350, or something X99 depending on what they want to do with their PC.

2. That most AIO coolers are pointless except for in super small form factor.

1. I like Windows 10

2. I like Windows 8

3. Windows Phone 8.1 is kind of ok, Android is killing me, Apple iOS will definitely murder me

4. I don't mind sharing some of my personal stuff with companies as long as they are beneficial to me and not taking my passwords/credit cards info against my will.

5. I like Razer products

6. I like Microsoft products

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

-Apple make some solid things like the MacBook line (Air, Pro & original Poly Carbonate shell Core 2 Duo model MacBooks), iPod Nano, iPod Classic & iPhone.

-iOS is the better phone OS out of it and Android and has much better app support.

-I like Razer and think they make some great peripherals.

-I actually like iTunes and loathe just about any other media player, apart from VLC.

-I still think physical media has a place and should not be removed from society like many think it should. I would rather own physical copies of albums, movies or TV shows rather than "own" a digital copy. Which I could have permissions for revoked at anytime.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

I'm using a Galaxy S3 which i've purchased new 2 years ago. I'd like to upgrade, but i won't. 

I'd rather invest in my desktop PC as i use it daily for a minimum of 10 hours while the phone is used via the screen for a maximum of 30 minutes per day.

Most people i know would rather get a better phone than a better PC. *shrug*

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

• Low-mid range graphics cards are more fun than flagship cards. You have to push them harder to get the desired performance, and they're cheaper, so you can buy more of them :)
  • ^ Same thing with low-mid range PC's in general.
  • AMD FX isn't terrible nor garbage, people are just using it wrong.
  • Windows 7 was the last good Windows operating system. Also, Windows 95 was the last time Microsoft truly innovated.
  • The Apple MacBook is a great machine.

Actually Windows 98, that's when the registry and a lot of the core parts of the operating system were made that we still use today. Windows 95 did not have registry as far as I know. You could say XP however.

Also, they don't innovate anymore. They just experiment.

Actually Windows 98, that's when the registry and a lot of the core parts of the operating system were made that we still use today. Windows 95 did not have registry as far as I know. You could say XP however.

Also, they don't innovate anymore. They just experiment.

All versions of Windows, 3.1 and up have a registry.