What unpopular tech opinions do you have?

Mao_Zedong

A lot of people leave out high quality fans in an expensive build. Crazy to see stock fans :P

Maybe because cooling doesn't make a lot of difference in the end. 

Heck I run a heavily overclocked i5 760 which is a 95W TDP cpu PASSIVELY  with a Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH. Max temps are better then my 120mm AIO cooler were the pump died after just 6 months.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Mine is, ssd's are a waste of money on $1500 USD budget

I don't want to be rude, but how does a SSD suck&waste of money when you don't have one  :o

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

No it's not:

s6lb01.png

So with his logic, Intel should just have made the stock clock 3.0Ghz just so that the % of overclock could be higher.

I assume that's on LN2, because that is the only way you can get to 7ghz. I'm talking about normal coolers, no ones that costs $10 per minute. 

I don't like EVGA. No idea why, I just don't.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

I assume that's on LN2, because that is the only way you can get to 7ghz. I'm talking about normal coolers, no ones that costs $10 per minute. 

Overclocking is overclocking  :P

I think Sandy Bridge never even reached 5Ghz even on LN2.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I don't like EVGA. No idea why, I just don't.

Me either, their GPU's are ugly.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I don't want to be rude, but how does a SSD suck&waste of money when you don't have one  :o

with in the budget I said it is because you can get better parts also that is my opinion and I never said they are bad or suck
Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Windows 8.1 isn't a bad OS. 

Fucking this. I even ranted about it on that shitty website iVerge and managed to get widespread support but still... a lot of people are clinging in to this idea that working on a Mac is "somehow" more productive than on a PC.

I don't hate Macs. But Windows smokes every other desktop OS in terms of getting things done. No workarounds, stupid custom driver bullshit or anything, everything just works.

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

with in the budget I said it is because you can get better parts also that is my opinion and I never said they are bad or suck

Well yeah, I just have a 128GB SSD, I agree if you use your PC for 99% gaming then a SSD it's not worth it. 

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Fucking this. I even ranted about it on that shitty website iVerge and managed to get widespread support but still... a lot of people are clinging in to this idea that working on a Mac is "somehow" more productive than on a PC.

I don't hate Macs. But Windows smokes every other desktop OS in terms of getting things done. No workarounds, stupid custom driver bullshit or anything, everything just works.

I hate macs for the plain reason that you can also install Mac Os X *now legaly for free* on a Custom PC.

And I hate Iphones not for their OS but for their shitty specs.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Overclocking is overclocking  :P

I think Sandy Bridge never even reached 5Ghz even on LN2.

Sandy bridge hit 5.77 on air... If you want to look at record for all the CPU architectures, look here. You can see that sandy bridge got to 8GHZ, Ivy got to 7.247GHZ, and haswell got to 7.181GHZ. Get your facts right before you correct somebody.

Sandy bridge hit 5.77 on air... If you want to look at record for all the CPU architectures, look here. You can see that sandy bridge got to 8GHZ, Ivy got to 7.247GHZ, and haswell got to 7.181GHZ. Get your facts right before you correct somebody.

I'm sorry, but dayuumm son... 8544 MHz on a Intel Celeron 352. We should all quit complaining and buy one.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

gif-truth-glee.gif

i love my amd fx 9590! (blahblah blah i know i5 is better blah blah blah ctisicn critiscm....)

My 9590 is great! :) Got it to 5.1 GHZ then stopped there because I'm only air cooling, granite with a NH-D14.

"Of course, its trash," Luke, 2014

Windows XP is good, only bad thing is Microsoft's a greedy bit*h and that's why there's no support and no DX 12.

Last good Intel CPU is the 2600/2700K(maybe 3770K), because everything after that is bad at overclocking.

The G3258 is bad for overclocking?

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

In my opinion, everybody holds their iPhones the wrong way, when in landscape mode. The home/Touch ID button should be on the left side, not the right! It's that way in apple's ads, commercials, and demonstrations. Yet basically everyone I know with an iPhone holds it with the button on the right. It's kind of a pet peeve I guess...

Are you left handed?

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

My 9590 is great! :) Got it to 5.1 GHZ then stopped there because I'm only air cooling, granite with a NH-D14.

Well the nh-d14 is still one of the best coolers on the market. The only ones that beat it are larger dual towers and 280mm+ AIOs. It's generally a better value to get an intel xeon 1231v3, i5 4690k, or i7 4790k. 

temps? (minw is custom watercooled and it peaks at 50 degrees celsius)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

temps? (minw is custom watercooled and it peaks at 50 degrees celsius)

Sadly with a split family and all I can't be with it atm :( but I will take a look at min when I can... I always noted about 65 C when gaming though so it doesn't do to bad.

"Of course, its trash," Luke, 2014

People hate my opinion on Mac OS X being superior than Windows on all fronts apart from Gaming.

I have used both Mac OS X and Windows together for years however for my Work, Lecturing or Web Development I find using a Mac is a lot better than Windows, just my personal opinion everyone is different, I can do things on OSX faster than I can on Windows.

Would I say that everyone needs to use Mac OS X? .. NO everyone is different, I find the Mac UI and Experience to be better than Windows however I bet there are people who would swear that it's the other way around.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

A lot of people leave out high quality fans in an expensive build. Crazy to see stock fans :P

The reason I mention fan control is so I can use cheaper fans and still have them quiet. 

Examples: 

I found 140mm Bitfenix Spectres for $7(CDN), I would rather buy three of those instead of one Noctua. 

The stock case fans are loud at 100% (Corsair C70), I want them quiet until I need the cooling. 

I grabbed a $13(CDN) Lepa Vortex for my CPU heatsink.

All in all, I would not recommend "cheap" fans, but no way would I pay a premium either.

FYI:  I have a Bitfenix Recon($35...CDN) in this PC.

At 2.41 billion transistors the A10-78xx APU is the most advanced and sophisticated consumer grade piece of silicon on the planet.

Bang for the buck( that's getting value for your money for you intel fanboys) the fx-6300 and A10-7850k /MB combos for 95 and 110 bucks are unbeatable.

People who actually write code for a living should be listened too on hardware issues.

Console gaming has a HUGE effect on PC gaming.

PC gaming is still getting table scraps from console gaming, the pieces are just bigger.

Linux is awesome.

Apple products are awesome cause Rush Limbaugh likes them.

OK amm who haven't I pissed off?

If this forum was a good source of info Linus Trovalds, Cernak(is he still alive?) and Andy Tanenbaum would be posting here.

LiteON and Raidmax make awesome PSU's (fact from years of personell experience).

The switch from VLIW to superscalar multi-core x86 architecture in console gaming will be the biggest thing to happen to PC gaming since the 486.

OK now I have pissed off everyone:) :):) 

you can game on MacBooks  :blink: (well kinda game)

At 2.41 billion transistors the A10-78xx APU is the most advanced and sophisticated consumer grade piece of silicon on the planet.

Bang for the buck( that's getting value for your money for you intel fanboys) the fx-6300 and A10-7850k /MB combos for 95 and 110 bucks are unbeatable.

People who actually write code for a living should be listened too on hardware issues.

Console gaming has a HUGE effect on PC gaming.

PC gaming is still getting table scraps from console gaming, the pieces are just bigger.

Linux is awesome.

Apple products are awesome cause Rush Limbaugh likes them.

OK amm who haven't I pissed off?

If this forum was a good source of info Linus Trovalds, Cernak(is he still alive?) and Andy Tanenbaum would be posting here.

LiteON and Raidmax make awesome PSU's (fact from years of personell experience).

The switch from VLIW to superscalar multi-core x86 architecture in console gaming will be the biggest thing to happen to PC gaming since the 486.

OK now I have pissed off everyone:) :) :)

Great points! I'm happy you brought them up!

rekt

As a matter of fact I am. I never considered this, but it's possible for me to hold it differently because of my hand orientation. All my friends are right-handed.

Both of my parents are left handed but all my siblings (including myself) are right handed, so when I read what you wrote I immediate thought you were a lefty. Most people have a tendency to do thing in orientation of their dominant side. I hold my phone with the bottom to the right but I will use my tablet either direction.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER