Linksys EA6700

WildTurtle

Anyone know where I can purchase this router in Canada? I've read some reviews of the Linksys EA6500 and all of them just bash the router, I was hoping the EA6700 would not have the problems reported with the EA6500. Cheers.

want a sincere advice ... dont buy it ... i have recently bought EA4500 router ( because of linus and slick rave reviews about it in their previous tech tips archive videos and all) turned out its just an okay router for just routing devices for internet.... infact whole EA series is total flop if you ever intend to use a storage device with its usb ports. their software is too damn buggy .... if you create any sorts of quotas or shares on the network drive. it just stops working randomly and then you have to fix permissions by plugging to a pc. and even with just one admin account if you copy files to the network drive they just automatically disappear. I have copied 15gb of videos on the drive in the root folder 3 times and after a couple of hours they just vanish. I even posted on this forum but no one replied.

I have WD 500gb usb 3 drive which is brand new . "google usb drive errors linksys Eaxxxx" series you will see fourm threads filled with it and no apparent solution. If i were you i would look at asus or netgear ac routers they work flawlessly. and their network range is b better than linksys EA series

Anyone know where I can purchase this router in Canada? I've read some reviews of the Linksys EA6500 and all of them just bash the router, I was hoping the EA6700 would not have the problems reported with the EA6500. Cheers.

here is my post with no reply on this forum

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41148-need-help-linksys-ea4500-usb-attached-external-hdd-errors/

want a sincere advice ... dont buy it ... i have recently bought EA4500 router ( because of linus and slick rave reviews about it in their previous tech tips archive videos and all) turned out its just an okay router for just routing devices for internet.... infact whole EA series is total flop if you ever intend to use a storage device with its usb ports. their software is too damn buggy .... if you create any sorts of quotas or shares on the network drive. it just stops working randomly and then you have to fix permissions by plugging to a pc. and even with just one admin account if you copy files to the network drive they just automatically disappear. I have copied 15gb of videos on the drive in the root folder 3 times and after a couple of hours they just vanish. I even posted on this forum but no one replied.

I have WD 500gb usb 3 drive which is brand new . "google usb drive errors linksys Eaxxxx" series you will see fourm threads filled with it and no apparent solution. If i were you i would look at asus or netgear ac routers they work flawlessly. and their network range is b better than linksys EA series

Well, I dont use any storage on my network. I have he EA4500 Aswell, Love it. Just want to move to 802.11AC.