Windows 10 Review (More of an overview and nitpicking)

soaringchicken

So I did it, I took a leap and downloaded Windows 10. And frankly, I'm impressed, not blown away, but it's definitely a welcome upgrade.

So far all of my games work fine, but if you're a vessel user, from Linus' video you can definitely tell that there isn't much of a performance boost (in gaming). So there really isn't much to talk about.

However, the major improvement in Windows 10 is mostly the updated UI and general ease of use, the windows layout is very elegant and finding different applications is mostly very simple. The new start button is very nice, with access to all of the different Windows based applications that come with the OS like weather and emails (if you use those). The first thing that I really noticed after the upgrade was the general speed of the OS in general, all clicks now come with a smooth animation that opens/closes applications as quick and as beautiful as possible. Accent colors are finally easy to access and changing the general look of the OS is easy. All of the basic applications come with a sleek new design that fits in perfectly with the OS, and converts some to the newer style as well. 

Also, Cortana doesn't look like she's supported in Australia yet, so I guess I'll have to wait for that one.

Overall, as predicted, Windows 10 didn't necessarily change my life and the way I use my computer, but it does an excellent job of fixing problems with 8.1 and adds a lot of welcome new features and styles. With the things that I love from Windows 7 and the sleek, stylish look of Windows 8.1, I see no reason to not upgrade to Windows 10. 

Issues/Nitpicking: 

- The search bar is awful and never gives me the right result, also I hate Bing. 

- Sometimes I get weird graphical errors when just normally browsing Windows, like sections of other tabs coming up when I alt tab, but I'm sure it's just a small bug that'll be fixed soon. And it's not that bad anyway.

soaringchicken

*I'll probably update this as I do new things with the OS and discover stuff. I've only really had it for a day so still be cautious.*

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

" isn't much of a performance boost."

i have a had a gr8 boost. depends on hardware obs.

and you might want to try these 2 tweaks

I meant in gaming mostly, but I've only played a couple so I guess we'll see. 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

I meant in gaming mostly, but I've only played a couple so I guess we'll see. 

as for games gta SA had no boost xD.

Csgo just seemed more stable fps.

you won't see gaming boost really. Nothing has changed until games use dx 12

as for games gta SA had no boost xD.

Csgo just seemed more stable fps.

you won't see gaming boost really. Nothing has changed until games use dx 12

There, I corrected myself,

"isn't much of a performance boost (in gaming)"

I have nothing else to do with W10 other than just playing the Microsoft jigsaw puzzle, solitaire, bingo & Sudoku. Easy way to add my gamers score.