my bad experience with bestbuy today.

Guest Johnny5g
Go to solution Solved by Trik'Stari,

Bestbuy is completely terrible in every way. I will never shop there again after what happened to me and my sister.

My sister attempted to ask an employee if he could call someone over to help her find a DVD (Penny Dreadful? Never heard of it myself). He was talking with a customer in the sound system section. He looked at her, turned the volume up on the sound system he was showing off all the way up, and yelled "SORRY, I CAN'T HEAR YOU".

We walked out swearing loudly about how we would never come back, as well as not buying anything we had already picked up. Not even worth reporting that kind of behavior to the manager. Went over to FYE where we got served promptly and politely.

I plan on going online for everything I need anyways. BestBuy has shit selection, shit employees, and just generally shit all around.

Today i went to bestbuy to try to get a key on my laptop fixed and get a cat 5e cable because my mac was on cat 5. After waiting 5 minutes (no one was in line) i decided to look for the cable. No one asked if i needed help. They were  looking for people who wanted to BUY COMPUTERS. ​i am a normal customer who shops everyday i can, and they didn't even acknowledge me! Another thing is that they moved everything and i thought they got rid of most of the  computer hardware. i also couldn't find the cable. i asked someone and they said it was one place. it wasn't i was on a wild goose chase. i asked another guy, and he showed me where they actually were. Then i went back in line. i waited 15-30 minutes even though no one else was in line. when i finally got with someone they REFUSED TO SERVE ME! ​i eventually got them to serve me and they said they couldn't fix it. Well i am done with bestbuy and geek squad now. I am just getting my stuff for newegg for now on. Thanks for reading this!

If bestbuy reads this like 3doodler did the staff is nice but they don't have good customer service.

I'll make a tldr for you..

...bestbuy should go out of business as all of their stores are horrible. 

incoming flamewars

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

you hear of monoprice?

ps: one version of the logo is done

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

you hear of monoprice?

ps: one version of the logo is done

yes i have but i like to buy local after radio shack went under.

​that's great news!

Why did the refuse to help you.... Companies just don't refuse, there has to be a reason. 15 to 30 minutes is a big time difference, also are you sure it wasn't about 5 minutes and you where just waiting impatiently?

Geek squad does suck tho

Today i went to bestbuy to try to get a key on my laptop fixed and get a cat 5e cable because my mac was on cat 5. After waiting 5 minutes (no one was in line) i decided to look for the cable. No one asked if i needed help. They were  looking for people who wanted to BUY COMPUTERS. ​i am a normal customer who shops everyday i can, and they didn't even acknowledge me! Another thing is that they moved everything and i thought they got rid of most of the  computer hardware. i also couldn't find the cable. i asked someone and they said it was one place. it wasn't i was on a wild goose chase. i asked another guy, and he showed me where they actually were. Then i went back in line. i waited 15-30 minutes even though no one else was in line. when i finally got with someone they REFUSED TO SERVE ME! ​i eventually got them to serve me and they said they couldn't fix it. Well i am done with bestbuy and geek squad now. I am just getting my stuff for newegg for now on. Thanks for reading this!

If bestbuy reads this like 3doodler did the staff is nice but they don't have good customer service.

Shoulda just ordered a new keyboard or a new key for your mac online, same with the cable.

Imo best buy isn't the best of places, but I like them being around because I can go there and try out some new tech before I decide on buying it or not.

I used the lenovo y50 there and that made my decision on it be set in cement really quickly, if I had the money for it right now, I'd have the laptop lol

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Why did the refuse to help you.... Companies just don't refuse, there has to be a reason. 15 to 30 minutes is a big time difference, also are you sure it wasn't about 5 minutes and you where just waiting impatiently?

Geek squad does suck tho

i am under 18 even though i always shop there. 

yes i have but i like to buy local after radio shack went under.

​that's great news!

Not all radioshack locations went under though, based on their website they're making a comeback :P

There's still a store near me that's open, though I prefer to just buy stuff online cause their stuff is overpriced af :/

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Shoulda just ordered a new keyboard or a new key for your mac online, same with the cable.

Imo best buy isn't the best of places, but I like them being around because I can go there and try out some new tech before I decide on buying it or not.

I used the lenovo y50 there and that made my decision on it be set in cement really quickly, if I had the money for it right now, I'd have the laptop lol

it is not my mac it was for my pc laptop. and that is what i am going to do from now on.

it is not my mac it was for my pc laptop. and that is what i am going to do from now on.

Ah, still easy to buy a new keyboard or key for it and replace it.

Not all radioshack locations went under though, based on their website they're making a comeback :P

There's still a store near me that's open, though I prefer to just buy stuff online cause their stuff is overpriced af :/

i know i just never go to the town with the radio shack in it.

Ah, still easy to buy a new keyboard or key for it and replace it.

they said (not sure if i should trust them) that it is irreplaceable.

i am under 18 even though i always shop there. 

Since when does being under 18 in a major retail chain to allow service

Since when does being under 18 in a major retail chain to allow service

i am a regular they know me.

i am a regular they know me.

oopps, I mean, why does it matter you are under the age 18? I don't understand why age comes in to play when trying to do cash business with the retail chain

oopps, I mean, why does it matter you are under the age 18? I don't understand why age comes in to play when trying to do cash business with the retail chain

yeah. i bought a GPU a liquid cooler razer blackwidow chroma deathadder chroma etc there.

I'll make a tldr for you..

...bestbuy should go out of business as all of their stores are horrible. 

incoming flamewars

Let's start a better alternative called Best Booce or Booce Buy

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

i have never had problems with best buy

other than overhearing geek squad help people and seeing how retarded they are.

Woot more hate against my competitors :D Geek Squad is a joke as I'm sure many know already.

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Radioshack went under because of their overpriced products and the fact that they turned away from their beginnings. Best buy isnt going under anytime soon as they have basically a monopoly in the US and I believe a pretty large domination of Canada.

So buy stuff like this on Monoprice and stop complaining about best buy. We all know its bad so stop expecting it to be good. 

yeah. i bought a GPU a liquid cooler razer blackwidow chroma deathadder chroma etc there.

BestBuy sells that? The highest end gpu the BestBuy I live by is a GT 630.

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

Let's start a better alternative called Best Booce or Booce Buy

10/10

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

Ive always had terrible service at best buys. thats why i stick to microcenters and the internet  :)

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

Bestbuy is completely terrible in every way. I will never shop there again after what happened to me and my sister.

My sister attempted to ask an employee if he could call someone over to help her find a DVD (Penny Dreadful? Never heard of it myself). He was talking with a customer in the sound system section. He looked at her, turned the volume up on the sound system he was showing off all the way up, and yelled "SORRY, I CAN'T HEAR YOU".

We walked out swearing loudly about how we would never come back, as well as not buying anything we had already picked up. Not even worth reporting that kind of behavior to the manager. Went over to FYE where we got served promptly and politely.

I plan on going online for everything I need anyways. BestBuy has shit selection, shit employees, and just generally shit all around.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs