BigDay

Handbrake Won't Launch: Windows 10

Posted · Original PosterOP

i can't get handbrake to launch in windows 10 now. is anyone else having this issue? i've tried re-installing it several times. i even used a more thorough uninstaller to delete all the crap leftover.

BigDay

i can't get handbrake to launch in windows 10 now. is anyone else having this issue? i've tried re-installing it several times. i even used a more thorough uninstaller to delete all the crap leftover.

Mines launching just fine.

Did you try redownloading the newest version?

yes, i did

edit:

i've even tried running it as admin and using compatibility mode for windows 7

After clicking on it, did you wait a few seconds?

For me it takes maybe 5 seconds to start but it starts behind all my open applications.

After clicking on it, did you wait a few seconds?

For me it takes maybe 5 seconds to start but it starts behind all my open applications.

yes i've waited patiently

BigDay

yes, i did

edit:

i've even tried running it as admin and using compatibility mode for windows 7

Sounds like an issue with your OS to be honest. Have you tried posting on the Handbrake support forums or contacting official support?

Sounds like an issue with your OS to be honest. Have you tried posting on the Handbrake support forums or contacting official support?

thought so. i'll have to do that i guess. i even tried restarting my pc after installation. nothing has worked so far.

BigDay

thought so. i'll have to do that i guess. i even tried restarting my pc after installation. nothing has worked so far.

Windows 10 has a built in "refresh my PC" function that will restore system files. I'd try that before resorting to a fresh full reinstall.