Voltage question

FireofDestruction

So I have an adapter, that takes the 110V from the wall and steps it down to 11.6V and 168ma. I've been playing around with some 12v old computer fans if I wanted to run 2 in series would I need 24 volts? Or 12v?

So I have an adapter, that takes the 110V from the wall and steps it down to 11.6V and 168ma. I've been playing around with some 12v old computer fans if I wanted to run 2 in series would I need 24 volts? Or 12v?

Wait why would you run fans in series, the are only suppose to be wired in parallel so it would only require 12V. Also just to mention proble the connector to see the voltage some wall adapters are no regualted 12V so it's higher than the acutal rating on them.

Wait why would you run fans in series, the are only suppose to be wired in parallel so it would only require 12V. Also just to mention proble the connector to see the voltage some wall adapters are no regualted 12V so it's higher than the acutal rating on them.

The wall adapter came from and old li ion battery charger for an rc car,I just removed the connector at the end, as with the fans I'm running. Didn't know about the parallel thing I'm just messing around (and using basic electrical safety ofc) just wasn't sure if the voltage would split to 6v and 6v but I'll run them parallel now thanks.

The wall adapter came from and old li ion battery charger for an rc car,I just removed the connector at the end, as with the fans I'm running. Didn't know about the parallel thing I'm just messing around (and using basic electrical safety ofc) just wasn't sure if the voltage would split to 6v and 6v but I'll run them parallel now thanks.

Nope your good to wire it in parallel it will stay at 12V for bot fans, just make sure your fans aren't super high powered that exceed that 0.168Amp rating on the wall adapter.

Nope your good to wire it in parallel it will stay at 12V for bot fans, just make sure your fans aren't super high powered that exceed that 0.168Amp rating on the wall adapter.

. And if they do?

. And if they do?

Umm don't first try to keep th within a max of 80% of the max amperage, if it does it can overheat the wall transformer, some good ones will have a thermal switch and automatically shut off, bad ones however can go sparky, sparky and end badly....

Umm don't first try to keep th within a max of 80% of the max amperage, if it does it can overheat the wall transformer, some good ones will have a thermal switch and automatically shut off, bad ones however can go sparky, sparky and end badly....

alrightly then...