4x 980 Ti Hybrid's or 4x AMD Fury X

Austin Borg

I like it and wouldn't mind helping you out.  First I was in your shoes not too long ago and built something with a similar vision.  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vXZsQ7

The case I used is fantastic and cheaper then that one (Phanteks Enthoo Series Primo Aluminum ATX Full Tower Case).  I cant say enough about it.  I hold 11 fans and 2 480mm Rads.  No issues will be had if you pick it.  there is room for 4 120's on top and 4 more on bottom for cpu and hybrids.

HBM - I waited for fury and the TI before I decided on the Ti.  The software support was my deciding factor as SLI and G-Sync worked together but crossfire has issues and crossfire software just sounds less fun.  The 980 TI is also a beast so I went Green Team.

Ram Speed - You basically should check out your motherboard but there is new RAM coming out from G.Skill as we speak.  The max is 4000 Mhz but the timing on that is shit so the 3800 looks to be my #1 pick once its out.  If you don't want to pay thru the nose then a 3200 Ripjaws V 32 GB (Brand New Style) set of 4 x 8GB sticks is nice.

Hello, So I'm a first time builder. But I know many people who know how to build if I have any problems. I'm deciding between two builds

here are the build specs. Also what's the Highest speed of Ram I can have on this setup please Help if there ANY ERRORS

THINGS THAT YOU CAN HELP WITH

- Max Amount of MHz I can have (BEST RAM I CAN HAVE?)

- The Quad Build for the AMD on Benchmarks has better results - is that true?

- WHY NOT HBM?

- WHERE DO I PUT THE RADS? I'm Getting a Corsair 900D But I can change the case

- Is the Max amount of Ram I can have 2133 Mhz?

AMD Fury X Build - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dtWG4D - $5197

980 Ti Hybrid Build - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8x9ThM - $5666

YOU DONT NEES 4 GPUS!!!! Scaling in most games isn't worth it and you will not get your money's worth, there will be microstutters everywhere and it would be better to play on lower settings than deal with stuttering. Also 2 980tis should be enough for 4k.

Python/C# Programming

Code to learn, don't learn to code. -Napalm

I like this build, but why not get a 3rd GPU? and add a 4TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive??? ... Also why Superclocked and not Water cooled -.-

Because scaling is shit for three cards and has problems with stutters. You don't need a 4 TB hard drive, you just want a bigger e-peen. Don't water cool on your first build. Something will go wrong.

Because scaling is shit for three cards and has problems with stutters. You don't need a 4 TB hard drive, you just want a bigger e-peen. Don't water cool on your first build. Something will go wrong.

This guy has been posting about making a +6000$ watercooled build for 3 months, all he does is talk about his fake e-peen.

CF Fury X beats 980ti's due to it's very impressive scaling compared to Nvidia at the moment.

But either go 2 way because the returns on the other cards are very minimal, if you are sure on going 4 way

Fury X > 980ti.

EDIT: Get an SSD, Bigger SSDs = Faster performance and SSD's are fast as feck anyway :)

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

Everything above 2way sli is waste of money and contra productive.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I like it and wouldn't mind helping you out.  First I was in your shoes not too long ago and built something with a similar vision.  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vXZsQ7

The case I used is fantastic and cheaper then that one (Phanteks Enthoo Series Primo Aluminum ATX Full Tower Case).  I cant say enough about it.  I hold 11 fans and 2 480mm Rads.  No issues will be had if you pick it.  there is room for 4 120's on top and 4 more on bottom for cpu and hybrids.

HBM - I waited for fury and the TI before I decided on the Ti.  The software support was my deciding factor as SLI and G-Sync worked together but crossfire has issues and crossfire software just sounds less fun.  The 980 TI is also a beast so I went Green Team.

Ram Speed - You basically should check out your motherboard but there is new RAM coming out from G.Skill as we speak.  The max is 4000 Mhz but the timing on that is shit so the 3800 looks to be my #1 pick once its out.  If you don't want to pay thru the nose then a 3200 Ripjaws V 32 GB (Brand New Style) set of 4 x 8GB sticks is nice.

Thanks for your Help so I should get that Case, And I agree the Green Team is more fun since I have a GTX 680 and I get 100 Frames on Battfield 4 Ultra (1080p) so i like the green team alot so far

CF Fury X beats 980ti's due to it's very impressive scaling compared to Nvidia at the moment.

But either go 2 way because the returns on the other cards are very minimal, if you are sure on going 4 way

Fury X > 980ti.

EDIT: Get an SSD, Bigger SSDs = Faster performance and SSD's are fast as feck anyway :)

wolfplayer says 980 Ti's are better... and I can't blame him but the benchmarks say better performance on 2/3/4 CF Setups 

Thing is I don't want "should" be enough for 4K. I want to make sure I can play upcoming Titles such as BF 3 and The Division in 4K Ultra Settings. So I understand Scaling is shit with 4 now thanks to this post, so shouldn't i just go for 3?

YOU DONT NEES 4 GPUS!!!! Scaling in most games isn't worth it and you will not get your money's worth, there will be microstutters everywhere and it would be better to play on lower settings than deal with stuttering. Also 2 980tis should be enough for 4k.

This guy has been posting about making a +6000$ watercooled build for 3 months, all he does is talk about his fake e-peen.

Okay??? Leave if you're going to be annoying bro. Also just please stfu about fucking waste of Money. I want the best performance and I can pay for it all bro, Money isn't the issue. I just want to use it CORRECTLY.

I'm just going to recap here....

- 4 Cards is shit

- wait for new 4000 Mhz Rampage V G.skill or Trident Z Ram.

- But... Every1 says 980 Ti is better than Fury X but The Fury X is better on benchmarks, but I don't benchmark so idaf, WHAT GIVES BETTER FRAMERATES and is better for streaming/youtube?

I WILL BE RENDERING

I'm just going to recap here....

- 4 Cards is shit

- wait for new 4000 Mhz Rampage V G.skill or Trident Z Ram.

- But... Every1 says 980 Ti is better than Fury X but The Fury X is better on benchmarks, but I don't benchmark so idaf, WHAT GIVES BETTER FRAMERATES and is better for streaming/youtube?

I WILL BE RENDERING

Custom 980Ti´s are faster than the furyX. No matter what Resolution.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Custom 980Ti´s are faster than the furyX. No matter what Resolution.

OH, I GET IT NOW. I was comparing with Normal 980 Ti's!

Okay, so will I be able to overclock these????? And I'm gonna get 3 

Go for the Fury bro.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

Its funny how ever time AMD performs better such as in crossfire with more than 2 and more the responses are why waste your money and this and that.

OH, I GET IT NOW. I was comparing with Normal 980 Ti's!

Okay, so will I be able to overclock these????? And I'm gonna get 3 

You could OC, but there´s no need.

And again. More than 2way SLI will hinder your Performance. Dont do it. Keep 2 Way SLI and you will be done.

You could OC, but there´s no need.

And again. More than 2way SLI will hinder your Performance. Dont do it. Keep 2 Way SLI and you will be done.

Everybody is saying AMD........... what do i go with? idk what 2 choose.

Thing is I don't want "should" be enough for 4K. I want to make sure I can play upcoming Titles such as BF 3 and The Division in 4K Ultra Settings. So I understand Scaling is shit with 4 now thanks to this post, so shouldn't i just go for 3?

3 will still have the same problems, check out Linus's video on SLI scaling.

Python/C# Programming

Code to learn, don't learn to code. -Napalm

I need a Reason Why?

Crossfire scales better than SLI. One of each the 980 Ti wins barely, two of each you got pretty much a tie. If you add a 3rd or 4th AMD takes it.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

Everybody is saying AMD........... what do i go with? idk what 2 choose.

I say NVidia.

The 980Ti has more Power and 6GB VRam and not only 4.

I switched from Team Red to Team Green some Years ago and since than everthing works way better. AMD dont get their shit together too often.

But thats just my experience.

And i repeat a last time. Stay with 2 Cards. No matter what you choose.