Corsair Scimitar - First MMO Gaming Mouse with Optical Sensor?

Scionyde

snip

Razer Naga suffers from the poor quality control of Razer... Used to have a Razer Naga, but the left and right click started multi clicking when I just click once. Got a G600 and it just feels much more solid than the Naga and hasn't started failing me yet.

Razer Naga suffers from the poor quality control of Razer... Used to have a Razer Naga, but the left and right click started multi clicking when I just click once. Got a G600 and it just feels much more solid than the Naga and hasn't started failing me yet.

I've had the double click happen in Steelseries mice, but my Razer Mamba has yet to give me any trouble after 3.5 years.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Neh... I still prefer my awkward looking G600

*snip*

The G600 still is a really good mouse. RGB ahead of it's time, and I've found the ring finger click "G-Shift" to be kinda useful. 

I've never understood Corsair's color selection.

"Lets make something awesome! And give it some terrible colours."

White would make much more sense than yellow.

As white is all the colours combined,hence why it makes a rainbow when you put it through a prism.

Such a knockoff of Razer's design. Corsair: the Apple of gaming, minus being perfect.

Except razer has shitty quality...

I might pick this up after they get that yellow off... Need another mouse after my g600 went mia

if it wasnt for the yellow and the fact my naga still shines pridely and works perfectly i would get it.

my 3y+ old naga wants to talk with you...

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I might pick this up after they get that yellow off... Need another mouse after my g600 went mia

I've never understood Corsair's color selection.

"Lets make something awesome! And give it some terrible colours."

White would make much more sense than yellow.

As white is all the colours combined,hence why it makes a rainbow when you put it through a prism.

Or just make it transparent so RGB led can shine through it.

i dont like the yellow either but do vote here

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/424648-would-you-consider-the-corsair-scimitar-if-it-didnt-have-that-yellow-bit/

They might make another with out the yellow depending on feedback.

Check out my iCUE Guide Beta Tester for Corsair

Got a Corsair Product? Got a Question?

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

In mice? No. Keyboards, yes. I've never had a Razer mouse die on me unless I dropped it on hard tile.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

if it wasnt for the yellow and the fact my naga still shines pridely and works perfectly i would get it.

my 3y+ old naga wants to talk with you...

as does my 5 year old mamba.

Though I use mmo mice for editing and prefer optical by far, I'm gonna have to pass. 

The number pad layout is atrocious looking. With my g600 it's easy to tell what buttons I'm pressing, and even the shape of the newer nagas does ok with that. Not this. 

And it's yellow....with RGB lighting? Make your mind up!

And though I prefer optical, I prefer it for gaming. I use acceleration for regular use, and I don't really like gaming with my g600. Even if I do like gaming on this corsair one, I'm OK with having a separate mouse for gaming since I tend to use different machines anyway, and I'd rather own a steel series rival for gaming whenever I get around to it. 

So no sell for me. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I kind of like the way it looks, but all of those buttons...how do people use it?!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

In mice? No. Keyboards, yes. I've never had a Razer mouse die on me unless I dropped it on hard tile.

They do..........Used to have a bin full of dead mice, mainly nagas and naga moltens that died withing six months of on time 

The difference is there's actually good preference and feature reasons to get razer mice over competition unlike their keyboards. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

i dont like the yellow either but do vote here

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/424648-would-you-consider-the-corsair-scimitar-if-it-didnt-have-that-yellow-bit/

They might make another with out the yellow depending on feedback.

Well it will be the perfect color for those who are doing a black/yellow build, with a Corair 380T or 780T and a MSI M/X-Power board (not thetitanium edition as that is silver/black).

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

So this is the product min was ranting on. LOL. Corsair copied  the design of Naga

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Razer has a huge following, and the Naga is the iconic multi-key mouse.

Apple copied a lot of designs from others and perfected them.

Yeah, they have a huge following it does not mean their products are good (my opinion).

Apple don't copy designs, they steal them and buy them/patent them.  :P

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

So this is the product min was ranting on. LOL. Corsair copied  the design of Naga

Why? Because it has 12 side buttons? I'm surprised he hasn't complained about the G600 or the mouse from Utech if that's the only criteria he's using. Because between the shape, the lighting zones, and the adjustable number pad, I'd say the mouse looks different enough. (As different as gaming mice could possibly be, that is. I mean, c'mon, it's a roundish hunk of plastic that lets you click on stuff. :P )

I kind of like the way it looks, but all of those buttons...how do people use it?!

Honestly, I only really ever access the first 5-6 buttons since that's what I'm able to reach most comfortably. Usually bind the first 5 side buttons to numbers 6-0 from the keyboard (mostly for MMOs, but it also gets a lot of use in games like Witcher 3).

Honestly I really like the yellow, but it should come in different colours including plain black

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Meh looks like childrens construction toy then a mouse. I'll just wait for ASUS version.

ASUS-ROG-Spatha.jpg

The "tramp stamp" logo is gone but the yellow has remained unfortunately.

Wonder if @JayzTwoCents likes the yellow. :P

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Wonder if @JayzTwoCents likes the yellow. :P

He doesn't care if the product is yellow, he'll just take a product he likes and mod it.

I see that as a good way to have a matched build.

Everyone complaining about the Yellow and Corsair issue

Meanwhile Zowie Fk users....

The difference is the FK only has a yellow scroll wheel and logo...Not an entire yellow side

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it