Redox - By August

Owndblood

big fan of rat rods. well at least looking at them driving them is a pain in the ass. so i really like the look of this build. Are you planing on doing any kind of pinstriping?

I'm not sure what the final version will look like on this build as I usually come up with more and more ideas as I go along! so I can't actually answer that question yet :D

Glad you like it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there! I thought I'd launch another update now while I've got some spare time.

The latest addition to the build is an extremely good looking SLI bridge from EVGA, this has been given it's own special touch to fit the build, pictures will be shown further down.

Roughly a week ago I was sitting and looking at the computer, and I realised that the new backpanel that I made looked a bit dull and could use some touching up, so I decided to stance out the REDOX logo across the panel to make it stick out a bit more, the text would also act as tiny gaps to reveal the backside of the computer, so that you could see the cables running across and the SSD's that I will be mounting on the back fairly soon. It was a tedious job but I think it turned out great, a hundred+ holes later and a few hours with the hand file and it was finished!

Here are the results :)

J6BStx8.jpg
dKQgABh.jpg
EQsbktQ.jpg
7rnyAsK.jpg
jniZfqb.jpg
eYrUOEl.jpg
NLferOh.jpg

looks awsome

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Super creative and practical build ! Its probably the most portable ATX build ever made ! IN WIN should buy your motherboard mounting design.

4Fe + 3O2 → 2Fe2O3   would have also looked cool on the back but it might have gotten you frisked if you took it on a plane. 

This looks so incredible and it's so fantastically unique! Damn!

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

5 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

looks awsome

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Costa said:

Super creative and practical build ! Its probably the most portable ATX build ever made ! IN WIN should buy your motherboard mounting design.

4Fe + 3O2 → 2Fe2O3   would have also looked cool on the back but it might have gotten you frisked if you took it on a plane. 

Glad you like it! ;)

Yeah, I'm thinking that text would've been quite hard to file out aswell hehe.

2 hours ago, Homicidium said:

This looks so incredible and it's so fantastically unique! Damn!

Thank you! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody! I decided to post a short text update while waiting for some new parts, and I didn't want to rush an update. This update will be covering some news about the project, and also some new purchases. Great news!
EKWB decided to step in and support the project with some watercooling gear, a huge thank you to EKWB the people at  for making this possible.

I will be covering the parts I am recieving hopefully, next week. So with all that, it's not much left on this project.

Final stretch incoming! ;)

There's also a package with a kit of Crucial DDR4 2133MHz 32GB (4x8GB) on its way to my door.
%7Boption%7DL8yUj1AulIzpfvmnvAioAA-ekwb_logo.jpg

Next update will be covering the modifications to the fan brackets, start button and hopefully some scratch cables, if I recieve all the supplies in time. Until then, have a good time and I will see you next week!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there! I thought I should throw out a little update before I take my short vacation, a few packages from EKWB Should be arriving in time for next weeks update, so expect a few new parts incoming! This update will mostly be covering the new RAM modules.
At last I recieved my set of 32GB Crucial DDR4 memory, (2133MHz, 4x8GB)
These sticks were given their special touch with old heatsinks from DDR2 OCZ Reaper ram sticks, the heatshinks were given their own rust finish to suit the build
Here we have some pictures!

dY7NQvv.jpg
tjP0l23.jpg
4wlwODs.jpg
blfnWig.jpg
HUPlH8w.jpg
qbrMc8L.jpg
aLp8z5B.jpg

As you can see the project is starting to come together, the only things missing are the graphics cards and waterblocks, the rest of the watercooling willbe arriving and hopefully be showed in the next update
Expect an update soon regarding the SSD's as soon as I figure out where I want to mount them, thank you all for following!
See you next week :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there! I will start off by showing some of the new components for the build, I'm happy to say that 2x GTX 970 reference cards are at the post office and will be showcased in the buildinglog by the weekend, but for this update I decided to showcase something a bit more special, actually a package from EKWB that kindly stepped in and decided to contribute to this build, a huge thank you!

What's shown in the pictures are
EKWB SE Coolstream 240 Radiators
EKWB DDC Pump / Acetal top & black cover
Mattblack 16/10 tubing
EKWB 16/10 compression fittings
EKWB G1/4 pass-through
And a bottle of EKWB clear coolant

The only things missing in the watercooling department are the waterblocks and a few angles that should be arriving soon.

Here are a few pictures!

L8yUj1AulIzpfvmnvAioAA-ekwb_logo.jpg
L87Lpcv.jpg
l5KifAV.jpg
wZ8qnir.jpg
5mt8ZMj.jpg
mCefxal.jpg
j5A7e2O.jpg
SdQU459.jpg
Oc5RTVS.jpg

That's all for this update!
Thank you all for following. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there! It's finally time for a new update as the new graphic cards have arrived and are slotted into the motherboard, so I thought I'd post a new update including some of the watercooling supplies and the new GPU's inside the computer, unfortunately this update was slightly delayed as I first ordered 2 Gainward GTX 970 cards and quite quickly changed my mind and went for the EVGA 970's instead. As they had much better looking waterblocks. 

But now the cards are here and the build can finally continue! The waterblocks for the GPUs and CPU will be purchased this weekend hopefully and you can surely expect some more modding throughout the coming updates.

Onwards to the pictures!
zl00QHI.jpg
UBDfVpv.jpg
ngZFpdN.jpg
KpTbwuz.jpg
46B3Ypp.jpg
1C2SUzO.jpg
zDf0fpJ.jpg
6NmDiB9.jpg
JsQAfjp.jpg
DdRItJe.jpg
U8RuxnX.jpg
hkGYasz.jpg
fUgOlsk.jpg
TmxVBqA.jpg
9l5ZqB0.jpg
FFy8unS.jpg

2 hours ago, Owndblood said:

Hello there! It's finally time for a new update as the new graphic cards have arrived and are slotted into the motherboard, so I thought I'd post a new update including some of the watercooling supplies and the new GPU's inside the computer, unfortunately this update was slightly delayed as I first ordered 2 Gainward GTX 970 cards and quite quickly changed my mind and went for the EVGA 970's instead. As they had much better looking waterblocks. 

But now the cards are here and the build can finally continue! The waterblocks for the GPUs and CPU will be purchased this weekend hopefully and you can surely expect some more modding throughout the coming updates.

Onwards to the pictures

love the finished project you should post it on the inwin forum 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Wow, I'm sorry I just found this now. Beautiful work, the application of rust here is beautiful!

I like good humans and good food

14 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

love the finished project you should post it on the inwin forum 

Just posted it today! Glad you like it :) 

7 hours ago, colinreay said:

Wow, I'm sorry I just found this now. Beautiful work, the application of rust here is beautiful!

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there! I'm back after a short break as I'm mostly waiting for ny parts, finally the new CPU block has arrived and already recieved a rusty finish, most of the watercooling parts will be given some kind of touch to suit the build a bit better but I'm uncertain on what I will be doing to the components as I do not want to overwhelm the build with rust.

T7Xqd7H.jpg
aLncqrz.jpg

The new reservoir also arrived, though I can't make up my mind where to place it, I have a few ideas and I'm thinking of doing something a bit odd and make it poke out from the back of the PSU, what do you guys think?
The fan brackets have been removed and also got a rust finish, now I'm just waiting on some custom decals with different texts and logos to blend the rust a bit further. We're getting closer and closer to assembly!

t46qICz.jpg
AyH4B3K.jpg
g1SsEml.jpg
B7xZVPE.jpg
cnZpecU.jpg
2SGjl4h.jpg

Unfortunately I haven't recieved the GPU block yet as it has been delayed by the post office, but apart from that only a few modifications need to be done before I can start assembling everything. A big thank you to everyone who's following the buildlog :)
I really appreciate your feedback.

See you next week!

Hello there! I've fiddled around a bit more with the computer during this weekend and though that this would be a suitable time to post a little update regarding the waterblocks. All of the waterblocks have been mounted and test fitted on the motherboard for some glamour shots. I must say, I absolutely love the look of everything put together, and I think it will improve even more once the GPU blocks have gotten a few custom touches to fit in further.

The GPU blocks are currently untouched, but they are on the queue to get some custom touches in the modding department. Nothing huge but a few minimal changes to make it fit the look of the build.
Also, some good news! I spoke to BeQuiet! and we decided to send me one of their new PSU's from their Pure Power lineup, which I think will suit the build perfectly. So that will defintely be featured in the build log next week.

Onwards to the pictures!

caQxPdN.jpg
QUbn3zj.jpg
Nspqxh8.jpg
aiJrB8a.jpg
FOHP83m.jpg
57zKG4t.jpg
oJW4HEr.jpg
c5hIyTS.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! The new PSU has arrived and recieved some time in front of the NEW CAMERA!
I've just updated my go-to camera to a fullformat mirrorless one from Sony, to replace my previous Canon EOS 750D. The new camera is the Sony Alpha 7, so hopefully you will notice a big difference in the photos
I appreciate all the feedback that I can get so don't be hesitant to tell me what you think!

The power supply in question is the newest edition from BeQuiet called the Pure Power 9, 700W.
If you've got any questions regarding this new product, feel free to ask!
The project is on the finishline and the only things missing are the angled fittings for the watercooling, they are ordered and on their way. So it shouldn't take too long to finish this project!
Onwards to the pictures.

ClRp8BZ.jpg
yk6wGwf.jpg
b5tcLSt.jpg
1I4PPwY.jpg
Non6yA7.jpg
3xWwTo9.jpg

As always, thank you so much for following!
See you next update :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! I had some time over and decided to post a small update, not a lot has happened since the last updated as I'm still being held back by the fact that my fittings still haven't arrived. Hopefully they should arrive soon. I took the motherboardplate to my brothers job and drilled out the holes for the pass-through fittings, these are to act as channels for the CPU, GPU's and one of the two radiators. A total of 5 pass-throughs. The rest is just a mockup to get a perspective on how everything's going to look, unfortunately I can't show you how I am routing the tubing as the angled fittings still haven't arrived and it is impossible to tube the build up without it. 
Next week I'll get an update out on the mods I am planning for the GPU's, PSU, reservoir and what not. Until then, thank you for following!
See you next update.

6tJdpcL.jpg
RM34Mh8.jpg
qih4Wis.jpg
qSkSIj2.jpg
WTegUOd.jpg
cwCELKu.jpg
mAzLkx6.jpg
PQaToWZ.jpg
xcoGjlU.jpg
BG9XYKI.jpg
KpNF8fW.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there! Time for a short update with some good news! All the fittings have arrived and I'm looking forward to putting this beast back together during the weekend. All the components have been tested again to ensure that everything works properly. So it shouldn't take a lot of time until this is put together and in order.

mKMCg0Z.jpg
It's alive!

The only things missing are the fasteners for the GPU's which I am yet to figure out, and re-painting the SSD's. I've taken some pictures to give you a brief view on how the tubing is going to be routed. I'd like to thank everyone for following this build, not too far until completion!

The new PSU has received its own touch with the help of a rusted fan grill and a rusty outline along the fan, I decided to mount the reservoir on to the grill of the PSU to give it an external look and hopefully gain some more attention on the back part of the case.

Pictures!

ZPtr9Wx.jpg
Fittings galore!
gTRTfE1.jpg
zwN8KkG.jpg
TUqpYiP.jpg
sEsG1Vg.jpg
fnsDmUf.jpg
O7QWgmg.jpg
VCnfiCu.jpg
9tbHQF5.jpg

I am loving it! Are you going to rust the fittings? I think it is just the right amount of rust right now, and imo like the fittings in black!

I like good humans and good food

I think that the reservoir hidden or somewhere inside the case would look better, as some of commands have said, they like the portability of the case. Some old 3,5" bay reservoir would propably fit under the psu. But amazing build in any case! (No pun intended)

On 2016-05-20 at 0:14 AM, colinreay said:

I am loving it! Are you going to rust the fittings? I think it is just the right amount of rust right now, and imo like the fittings in black!

I've thought about it but I've decided to leave them black as I think the rust might become too powerful

On 2016-05-21 at 9:45 AM, MadG4mer said:

I think that the reservoir hidden or somewhere inside the case would look better, as some of commands have said, they like the portability of the case. Some old 3,5" bay reservoir would propably fit under the psu. But amazing build in any case! (No pun intended)

Thank you! I've tried playing around with different locations for the reservoir. Yes, it would fit under the PSU, but I'm planning to mount my DDC pump under the PSU, which leads to no room left for the reservoir, this is the best case scenario for me as it really helps with tube routing between the pump and reservoir and mainly accessability for filling, draining etc.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody! it's time for the final update as the build is complete and the pictures have been taken. 
I would like to thank all of you who followed the build, I've truly appreciated all the feedback and you guys have really kept me going!
I'd also like to thank me beloved sponsors who helped me complete this projekt, it simply wouldn't be possible without them.
Huge thanks to Inwin, EKWB, Gigabyte and BeQuiet!

List of components:
CPU: Intel i7 5820k
GPU: EVGA SC ACX 2.0 GTX 970
GPU: EVGA SC ACX 2.0 GTX 970
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3
RAM: Crucial DDR4 2133MHz 32GB (4x8GB)
SSD: Intel 730 240GB
SSD: Intel 730 240GB
PSU: BeQuiet Pure Power 9 700W
FANS: Noiseblocker E-loops

Radiator: EKWB CoolStream PE 240 (x2)
Pump: DDC (EKWB top & heatsink)
CPU block: EKWB Supremacy EVO
GPU block: EKWB GTX 970 EVGA block (x2)
Fittings: EKWB
Reservoir: EKWB X3 250 Res

Onwards to the pictures! I hope you like them.
VPHA9GA.jpg
GuTI8qN.jpg
hO6Pfvf.jpg
TEtVIkm.jpg
dZbD3pw.jpg
KtnyztW.jpg
e7gsTj3.jpg
LsOWGh1.jpg
iCGrWDH.jpg
MDAoMwE.jpg
46I3aM9.jpg
SXdYuOA.jpg
AXqKSZQ.jpg
S1XbYwy.jpg

Thank you for following! :)

Holy shit this is awesome, I wish that I had the time to do this.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.